Splendid Sounds of Disneyland

mickEblu

Original Poster
This forum has been a dreary place, so I thought we could use something like this. Share a video or link to some of your favorite sounds at DL... or DCA with a short description of why it’s your favorite or one of your faves. I already posted my first Main Street Train Station announcement choice (below ) in another thread, so I’ll add a second favorite sound of mine later. Bonus points for less obvious choices but no shame in picking the obvious ones either.

The best sound at Disneyland. This announcement has an ethereal quality to it. Especially as a kid walking through the entry tunnels.

Last edited:

Stevek

Unfortunately, no clips available but walking into the park and hearing the gun shots from the Jungle Cruise followed by the revving of the boats.

My favorite sound is actually queue music though...this piece you hear when you walk into the pirates queue...along with that wonderful pirates water smell.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Unfortunately, no clips available but walking into the park and hearing the gun shots from the Jungle Cruise followed by the revving of the boats.

My favorite sound is actually queue music though...this piece you hear when you walk into the pirates queue...along with that wonderful pirates water smell.

Thanks a lot ... you took the next sound I was going to post. I love the POTC overture. A keen ear will hear Similarities to the Jungle Book intro which was released in the same year as POTC opened. They were composed by the same guy. I’ve said that here like 3 or 4 times but here’s one more for the newbies.

Rich T

The sound of the motorcars crashing through the fireplace at the start of Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride. I love how when tbe queue enters Toad Hall, you can hear the sound before you see what’s causing it. You’re surrounded by all of Toad’s fine furnishings, but the combo of tbe film score and the repeating crashing noise creates an immediate feeling of chaos. :D

Last edited:

smooch

Here is a smorgasbord that I enjoy:

Likely the next best thing to being there. I especially enjoy the Adventureland ambiance.

This is a fantastic video, thank you so much for posting. I skipped through a bit before headed to bed and now I am really really missing Disneyland, I haven't been in years and really hope to get to go back sometime soon. I'll definitely use this as background music in the future.

As for my favorite sound, it's kind of hard to pick a favorite. One thing that pops into mind is the music loop they use in the Esplanade, whenever I am on a trip and am walking to the park and get close enough that I start hearing the music loop I get such a rush of happiness and emotions, it is definitely a Pavlovian reaction at this point. When I hear the quiet sound of the loop in the distance my heart starts racing and all my worries melt away in an instant because I know I am about to have a day free from stress and get to enjoy myself in my favorite place. Bonus points when it's early morning on my first park day of a trip, it really gives me a rush of energy I need for the day. I'm definitely not a morning person, I'm basically nocturnal at this point, but my friends / family joke with me that a Disney trip is the only time I am a morning person. I am always the first awake and am actually waiting around for everyone else to finish getting ready to start our day. I went a little off topic, but if I had to pick an actual sound inside the park I think I would pick the sounds in the bayou scene of PotC, the quiet lone banjo playing with the sounds of nature. It is such a serene feeling for me, it is a relaxing environment in a ride full of action that I love the juxtaposition of the calm before the storm. Plus it is the very beginning of my favorite ride so that area makes me really happy knowing I finally got onto my favorite ride and am in for a fantastic time.

Mac Tonight

Love throwing this on in the background when I'm reading/writing/cleaning.
Yes, it's 10 hours, and yes, it can get repetitive if you pass 1-2 hours... but the feelings it fills the room with... mmmm :)

180º

Galaxy Edge Area Music

Oh, wait.
Galaxy’s Edge does have area music. Though not prominent, it’s really nice. The marketplace tracks are particularly atmospheric. It’s a lot like our Adventureland. There’s no land-wide BGM, but as you walk through, you’ll hear a radio tuned to a local station, or shop music, or non-diegetic score setting the mood.

That reminds me, the Jungle Cruise radio is one of my favorite sounds of Disneyland. That in the foreground with jungle sounds and boats in the background. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom