Splash Mountain to Black Panther

91JLovesDisney

I do not know who could have the audacity to say that it should be themed to Black Panther. "Fans" are asking that Disney change a Frontierland ride, themed around Critters, and the south, to be Marvel ride, themed about a man in a robot suit on steroids, where 60% of the movie takes place in the modern city, and the other 40% is spent on the savanna.
Now, I am very sad as we all are about Chadwick Boseman's death, however, I honestly don't know a more opposite thing 'fans" could ask Splash Mountain to be changed to. Maybe Tomorrowland (the film)? Tomorrowland Mountain? How about Wall-E? This infuriates me, and anyone who supports this idea cares nothing about the attraction.

erasure fan1

It would be a horrible fit in the Animal Kingdom. Location in Africa is irrelevant if there isn't a story treatment that fits. The themes in Wakanda scream EPCOT Center.
I get that the futuristic part of Wakanda makes sense for epcot. But a horrible fit for animal kingdom? Really? An environmentally friendly, advanced society, that that uses no fossil fuels, living in nature. Go back and look at the city. All the buildings working with nature, and using nature in the design. Isn't the point of the animal kingdom conservation and working to live in harmony with nature for the betterment of the planet? You can add a Rhino exhibit to showcase a critically endangered species that would fit perfectly into the theme of not only Wakanda, but the mission of the animal kingdom itself. I would say a Wakanda embassy set in future world, ok. But Wakanda, and its aesthetic, being plopped down in the middle of future world, isn't what I would call a good fit.

Bocabear

Or why not a whole Marvel area at the Movie park...where it honestly makes sense instead of shoehorned in another park..
I still think Pandora was a bad idea for Animal Kingdom when there are so many ideas which would work better... Especially when Disney actually has a park based on Movies...

Bocabear

Unless they purpose build a brand new park based on Marvel and other superhero comics......But that is starting to sound like what Universal did years ago with Islands Of Adventure....unless the real plan is to morph EPCOT into Disney's version of that park....Which is a terrible idea...Neighborhoods instead of islands...ugh

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Or why not a whole Marvel area at the Movie park...where it honestly makes sense instead of shoehorned in another park..
I still think Pandora was a bad idea for Animal Kingdom when there are so many ideas which would work better... Especially when Disney actually has a park based on Movies...
My problem with Pandora in AK is that there are not nearly enough animals to justify the addition. It's just blue people. Where's the creatures?

Bocabear

My problem with Pandora in AK is that there are not nearly enough animals to justify the addition. It's just blue people. Where's the creatures?
Pandora in AK was just a bad idea...It should have been in DHS...With some good master planning and forethought the whole back end of the park could have been off worlds to discover... Black Spire, Pandora, GOTG locations, The inner world of TRON...and all would have fit beautifully within the fabric of DHS... Instead of dropped in parks where they make little to no sense at all.. Knee-jerk reactions for parks short on attractions...and really really poor master planning... It could and should have been done better.

RSoxNo1

I get that the futuristic part of Wakanda makes sense for epcot. But a horrible fit for animal kingdom? Really? An environmentally friendly, advanced society, that that uses no fossil fuels, living in nature. Go back and look at the city. All the buildings working with nature, and using nature in the design. Isn't the point of the animal kingdom conservation and working to live in harmony with nature for the betterment of the planet? You can add a Rhino exhibit to showcase a critically endangered species that would fit perfectly into the theme of not only Wakanda, but the mission of the animal kingdom itself. I would say a Wakanda embassy set in future world, ok. But Wakanda, and its aesthetic, being plopped down in the middle of future world, isn't what I would call a good fit.
One of the themes of the Animal Kingdom is that nature reigns supreme, how is that represented in Wakanda / Black Panther? Yes it's a landscape and world created with natural beauty in mind, but there is a significant focus in technology. As for the unity angle, that is far better suited in the context of Black Panther in EPCOT.

Look at T'Challa's speech to the UN, that could be EPCOT's dedication plaque or mission statement.

We will work to be an example of how we as brothers and sisters on this Earth should treat each other. Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.

Now, don't get me wrong - I think DAK and EPCOT are strongly linked, but I believe there is a distinction.

Parker in NYC

dolly parton GIF

itsy bitsy spider

That makes no sense.

All of the parks have attractions based on movies. It's their themes that make them relevant for the certain parks. Much of Avatar's story revolves around nature and animals. Thus it belongs most in Animal Kingdom.

The biggest problem with the land is they don't showcase the animals enough in the Na'vi river attraction and throughout the land. Less hippies and more animals are needed.

Besides they can't just put all of their movie based attractions in Hollywood, it would be bigger than the other 3 combined.

erasure fan1

One of the themes of the Animal Kingdom is that nature reigns supreme, how is that represented in Wakanda / Black Panther?
They call the Rhinos in to tear it up and kick butt and save the day. 😉

If it were up to me, and it's obviously not, I would build an entire land based on Marvel and I would put it in the studios. Unfortunately we are past the point of cohesive theming and story in the parks. They aren't going to turn future world into marvel land or any other part of the parks for that matter. So for me, it would boil down to what would be the least intrusive visually. Don't mistake what I'm saying as I want Wakanda in AK, I don't. But if Disney said, we are shoving it somewhere, I'd prefer it be where it would blend in.

Bocabear

That makes no sense.

All of the parks have attractions based on movies. It's their themes that make them relevant for the certain parks. Much of Avatar's story revolves around nature and animals. Thus it belongs most in Animal Kingdom.

The biggest problem with the land is they don't showcase the animals enough in the Na'vi river attraction and throughout the land. Less hippies and more animals are needed.

Besides they can't just put all of their movie based attractions in Hollywood, it would be bigger than the other 3 combined.
not all of their movie based attractions but the ones that didn't fit the themes already established in existing parks...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom