Splash mountain soft open

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Doubtful. They usually do not do soft openings for mechanical refurbs.

Agreed. This wasn't a major overhaul or redesign of the ride, but rather a lengthy cleaning and repairing of some of the AAs along with a refit of the "tracks." I'm just hoping it opens back up on time....

BigThunderMatt

Splash usually does open up on time from its annual refurb. They're not really introducing anything new this time around (I'd heard the lap bars got pushed back to be added in phases instead of all at once) so this should just be old hat for the refurb crew at this point. It stands to reason that any attraction that has THIS much water going through it on a daily basis is going to need extensive sprucing up at least once a year.

jeffk410

yeah they do have that refurb once a year, but NEVER during presidents day week. Its a busy week with schools off, presidents day, daytona 500, v-day and sometimes mardi gras falls under that week. I've gone that week every year and this is the first time its been closed this specific week. it stinks.

BigThunderMatt

I think it might be because they're doing some slightly more extensive track work? That seems to be the case at least. If they really are adding lap bars, they might be doing the necessary work now to prep it for when they add the modified logs and that's why the downtime was extended.

WDW1974

It would be very nice if they actually did an industrial cleaning on the logs so they don't reek of sweat and BO ... but I doubt that's in the budget anymore than nightly cleanings/disinfecting.

sweetpee_1993

I always thought that was the smell of the Bayou...:lookaroun

No, bayous smell better than that SM funk.

WDW1974, that smell is the reason I generally skip water rides. It's just gross and if you get wet (which you always do on those attractions) you get to smell like funky feet water the rest of the day. I can't stand that! Lol!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It would be very nice if they actually did an industrial cleaning on the logs so they don't reek of sweat and BO ... but I doubt that's in the budget anymore than nightly cleanings/disinfecting.

They would need the CDC to come in and clean those things to get that smell out....:hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom