News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Kirby86

Atlantis had some of the best representation in any Disney media of all time. Dr. Strongbear Sweet is iconic. Now THAT is some phenomenal representation everyone should be hyping up. đź’śđź’š
It's along with Treasure Planet definitely took a few years to find it's fan base. What really hurts about Atlantis being a box office bomb is we lost the chance for a ride in Magic Kingdom. However that's the works sometimes

celluloid

Sure….

You’re grasping

By that logic Star Tours and Body wars are the exact same attraction. As are Dinosaur and Indiana Jones Adventure.

Those two examples are different from what is happening with splash. The speed that the boats travel and what features they offer, the speed at with the boats travel and The motion base changed as well as the film, storyline and other media. You would also likely prove your counter point right again as many argue that Dinosaur is just Indy with less thought put into it. I think you are in a circular argument. I am agreeing they are different experiences, but Disney is trying to often say it is the same ride as not to upset a major portion of their fanbase. We are agreeing that when you change things enough they are different. The speed and drops and ride vehicles are not going to be rethemed. What they do will remain the same. The judgment on the ride that was formerly there and comparison is completely valid and expected to be let down as when Disney relies on the more thrilling dynamics, not as much tends to change.

Dan Deesnee

I'm not an "insider" but I do have "friends on the other side" including one who is working on the Florida version right now.

Means literally nothing. Obviously they'll work on it until they pull the plug in 4 years after they launch the Disneyland version. Then they let the Florida version float off into limbo and no one will care anymore because they already launched it in Disneyland.

Having someone do concept art etc is cheap. They can spend next to nothing for years on the FL version and continue to say it's being "worked on".

aladdin2007

The ride experiences of both of those were overhauled to change the actual ride dynamic. Buzz Became a shooting interactive and spinning ride with the ability to control where and frequency of spin and Winnie The Pooh uses a different track layout and ride vehicle that has the bouncing feature and takes up the entire show building of Toad's former tracks. Not good examples.

just adding this in for fun that the pooh ride doesn't use the entire show building of toads former tracks, not by a long shot. sad I know.

Dan Deesnee

Again, just logical that they indefinitely delay the FL version. Huge cost savings, no years long down time of a headliner attraction, and they can still say they "did it".

Only delusional to someone who hasn't been following Disney's track record on announcements vs what actually gets built.

But hey, we'll see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirby86

Again, just logical that they indefinitely delay the FL version. Huge cost savings, no years long down time of a headliner attraction, and they can still say they "did it".

Only delusional to someone who hasn't been following Disney's track record on announcements vs what actually gets built.

But hey, we'll see what happens.
I can see them kicking the can down the road when it comes to the Florida retheming. It all really depends on what corporate thinks is most important to those parks and what will make them the most money.

We already know Florida's schedule is at least a few years out already, we have to assume any retheme won't happen until Tron is completed. Now let's say Tron is done great!

You now have to worry about Epcot it was torn apart so you got to make it presentable and you want to get Guardians in there so the park has another E- ticket attraction besides Test Track and so the Florida park has some Marvel IPs. From a buisness perspective getting Marvel into the parks seems like it would be a top priority. Plus Guardians 3 is on the way got to love that corporate synergy.

Now Tiana's ride in Disneyland will probably help bring guest back to Land since it would be a "new ride" Since California adventure has Marvel and Pixar. Tiana will be the original parks way of saying come back here for new experiences.

I'm not saying the retheme won't happen but I want to see an actual timetable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan Deesnee

I can see them kicking the can down the road when it comes to the Florida retheming. It all really depends on what corporate thinks is most important to those parks and what will make them the most money.

We already know Florida's schedule is at least a few years out already, we have to assume any retheme won't happen until Tron is completed. Now let's say Tron is done great!

You now have to worry about Epcot it was torn apart so you got to make it presentable and you want to get Guardians in there so the park has another E- ticket attraction besides Test Track and so the Florida park has some Marvel IPs. From a buisness perspective getting Marvel into the parks seems like it would be a top priority. Plus Guardians 3 is on the way got to love that corporate synergy.

Now Tiana's ride in Disneyland will probably help bring guest back to Land since it would be a "new ride" Since California adventure has Marvel and Pixar. Tiana will be the original parks way of saying come back here for new experiences.

I'm not saying the retheme won't happen but I want to see an actual timetable.

This is extremely spot on and brings up some points I hadn't even thought of.

Disneyland needs a new attraction now that Avengers is open in California adventure.

Epcot is for sure a major priority. It's a construction zone and needs to get put back together ASAP.

With Tron opening soon and the 50th stuff in MK it would be surprising if the WDW Splash redo was even a remote priority right now.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Disneyland needs a new attraction now that Avengers is open in California adventure.

Epcot is for sure a major priority. It's a construction zone and needs to get put back together ASAP.

With Tron opening soon and the 50th stuff in MK it would be surprising if the WDW Splash redo was even a remote priority right now.
Other projects were already cut (refurbed Imagination, Festival Center, Coco in Mexico, Poppins, SSE retheme) while the Splash retheme is still being talked about since it was announced. It's a priority.

Hoping that something else will jump to the head of the line and push the retheme back is just wishful thinking.

It may get pushed back a few quarters until the parks are back to making billions of dollars a quarter (thanks, Delta!). But that's true for all projects (looking at you, TRON).

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

Unless if they can complete PATF Mountain in time for a summer 2022 opening (which I doubt), the Disneyland Resort won't need a new attraction open until 2024 at soonest since MMRR will be a 2023 opening. Meaning soonest we'll probably see Disneyland's opening is 2024 which by then all current WDW projects should be complete and the perfect time for them to be wanting a new attraction.

Kirby86

Other projects were already cut (refurbed Imagination, Festival Center, Coco in Mexico, Poppins, SSE retheme) while the Splash retheme is still being talked about since it was announced. It's a priority.

Hoping that something else will jump to the head of the line and push the retheme back is just wishful thinking.

I may get pushed back a few quarters until the parks are back to making billions of dollars a quarter (thanks, Delta!). But that's true for all projects (looking at you, TRON).
They won't have a complete renovation of Epcot with the original plan with Poppins or Coco. A splash retheme would happen before that. They do have to clean it up though since future world needs some TLC so it's not a construction zone.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They won't have a complete renovation of Epcot with the original plan with Poppins or Coco. A splash retheme would happen before that. They do have to clean it up though since future world needs some TLC so it's not a construction zone.
They can move ahead with both at the same time.

Unless construction labor is still a shortage.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member

So Disney released a new "Inclusion" video on Instagram and part of it is several "Problematic" clips (Dumbo Crows, Peter Pan Indians, Mickey and Minnie in black face) but surprisingly no Splash/ Song of the South. I was a little surprised since that's the one they keep trying to highlight as "Problematic"

Haymarket2008

So Disney released a new "Inclusion" video on Instagram and part of it is several "Problematic" clips (Dumbo Crows, Peter Pan Indians, Mickey and Minnie in black face) but surprisingly no Splash/ Song of the South. I was a little surprised since that's the one they keep trying to highlight as "Problematic"

Louie from Jungle Book.....? Huh?

91JLovesDisney

What? Why the heck would they put out something like this - isn't the whole point to pretend it doesn't exist?

Sir_Cliff

Louie from Jungle Book.....? Huh?
This came up in the past on here as I was kind of mystified by the notion the character was racist, but apparently some people view Louie as a racist African American caricature.

This honestly saddens me as I always loved the film but get the impression it is fast going from being one of the classics they most celebrated to one they're quietly trying to forget. King Louie is a central character in the film and if Disney's official position is that he's racist as this video suggests it is, then you have to assume we're not going to be seeing much of The Jungle Book from now on.

91JLovesDisney

This came up in the past on here as I was kind of mystified by the notion the character was racist, but apparently some people view Louie as a racist African American caricature.

This honestly saddens me as I always loved the film but get the impression it is fast going from being one of the classics they most celebrated to one they're quietly trying to forget. King Louie is a central character in the film and if Disney's official position is that he's racist as this video suggests it is, then you have to assume we're not going to be seeing much of The Jungle Book from now on.
These people…
Like I said, they go around looking for things to cancel. I bet I’ve seen Jungle Book 50 times, I’ve never once thought that. He’s a freaking Orangutan

LittleBuford

King Louie is a central character in the film and if Disney's official position is that he's racist as this video suggests it is
I think this is a somewhat unfair and reductive characterisation of what the video is suggesting. Acknowledging that a character’s portrayal might reflect certain outdated attitudes and approaches is not the same as deeming that portrayal racist.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom