News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Kirby86

So the food co-op is a treasured meeting place for the community? Also hot sauce will be in the gift shop right? Seems odd to mention she's famous for the hot sauce.

Sir_Cliff

Huh, they really are leaning into the conceit of the mountain being an aging salt mine...

Two things strike me about what they have announced. I feel it's ultimately counter-productive to hit people over the head like this by specifying the corporate structure of her company, that she's empowering women, etc. I don't know why they can't just let her story be empowering for women, for example, rather that explicitly stating it.

The other thing that strikes me is that I get the impression they're working against the ride system in the same way they twisted themselves in knots to explain a mountain in Louisiana. I know we've been over this, but I think they have to downplay the thrill element of the ride to better accommodate the IP and its target audience. That would explain why everything sounds very low-stakes, unlike the way in which Splash sought to build tension as you went up the lift-hill.

Last edited by a moderator:

Animaniac93-98

Tiana deserved so much more than being regulated to some business mogul taking over a salt mine. 😩

For the story they're creating, Tiana and her movie don't really seem all that necessary.

You could have the same plot and setting without the specific inclusion of Tiana, Naveen, Louis etc. They're already making original music and other characters for it.

EPCOT-O.G.

For the story they're creating, Tiana and her movie don't really seem all that necessary.

You could have the same plot and setting without the specific inclusion of Tiana, Naveen, Louis etc. They're already making original music and other characters for it.
That’s part of what bugs me most of all - the hubris that they could improve both on Splash and PATF.

splah

What a bunch of anachronistic word salad. They clearly didn’t go to class the day “less is more” was taught.

• How many employee owned cooperatives were there in 1927 and did they identify themselves as such
  • Would anyone in 1927 described any brand as beloved
  • Can vegetables herbs and spices even grow in the soil surrounding a salt dome
  • A teaching kitchen, how modern of Tiana
  • Can’t wait to see what the local artisans have made for us. Fine art gallery + salt mine = success
  • I’d like a fresh beignet not one squirreled away in a crate
  • I love hanging out at my favorite local industrial site
  • What company was holding cooking classes in the 1930s
  • I finally understand the water tower, it’s to make the salt dome look smaller
They grounded this thing in so much “realism” but then we’re about to encounter talking alligators and musical animals. Did tiana grow us some special herbs?

Last edited by a moderator:

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
IMG_1676.jpg

God every time I see this art it weirds me out.Honestly they all look like Tiana in a horrifying way, less like "Tiana's family" and more "Tiana's horrible cloning accident"

999th Happy Haunt

View attachment 696420
God every time I see this art it weirds me out.Honestly they all look like Tiana in a horrifying way, less like "Tiana's family" and more "Tiana's horrible cloning accident"
God this photo is extremely telling. Off-model and poorly drawn characters are in focus in the foreground, while the ACTUAL ATTRACTION is a featureless blurry blob of grays.

doctornick

I want to believe this will be a worthy replacement for the exquisite ride that was Splash. But with every piece of information that comes out, I get more pessimistic. I sadly believe that no matter how much money is being thrown at this ride and how much the company wants this to be a hit, the designers seem to be clueless as to what actually makes a ride good. This literally sounds like Imagination all over again; I wonder if Iger will have the same reaction that Eisner did.

What was wrong with helping Louis find his Trumpet to celebrate Mardi Gras? At least that sounded like a fun ride.

Kirby86

I want to believe this will be a worthy replacement for the exquisite ride that was Splash. But with every piece of information that comes out, I get more pessimistic. I sadly believe that no matter how much money is being thrown at this ride and how much the company wants this to be a hit, the designers seem to be clueless as to what actually makes a ride good. This literally sounds like Imagination all over again; I wonder if Iger will have the same reaction that Eisner did.

What was wrong with helping Louis find his Trumpet to celebrate Mardi Gras? At least that sounded like a fun ride.
Not enough Tiana? Granted this is just backstory but I want to see some semblance of Adventure in some of these preview pieces.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom