News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Ghost93

Sounds dreadful.
The ride might be good, I really hope it's excellent and beautiful.
But that story... Uhghh...
"Local art," "cooperative members," "inspiring woman to run successful businesses..."
Is that the basis of entertainment?
As I said earlier, if this is all backstory explained in the queue, I think there's nothing wrong with what was described. My issue is the bayou adventure itself. There has been NOTHING said to convey excitement about the journey into the Bayou. I want a feeling of magic and journeying into the unknown. Nothing about this description conveys that.

Incomudro

As I said earlier, if this is all backstory explained in the queue, I think there's nothing wrong with what was described. My issue is the bayou adventure itself. There has been NOTHING said to convey excitement about the journey into the Bayou. I want a feeling of magic and journeying into the unknown. Nothing about this description conveys that.
My fear is that similar things are used as the basis for various forms of entertainment - mostly in movies - and most of it results in some pretty terrible entertainment.

EPCOT-O.G.

Disney has shared new details on the storyline for Tiana's Bayou Adventure -

At a young age, Tiana developed a deep passion for cooking, and began to dream of one day owning her own business. Her father, James, taught her that good food brings folks together. One of the most exciting parts of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is that we’re going to see where Tiana’s life has taken her following the success of Tiana’s Palace, a restaurant she had dreamed of owning and worked so hard to make come true.

Walt Disney Imagineering is creating an original, next chapter story for Tiana. Within the attraction queue, guests will discover that she continues to grow her business with Tiana’s Foods – an employee-owned cooperative. Combining her talents with those of the local community, Tiana has transformed an aging salt mine and built a beloved brand.

Tiana family photo in front of new Tiana's Foods water tower's Foods water tower

The endeavor began when Tiana purchased the salt mine and the area surrounding the large salt dome it operated from. With the help of her mother Eudora, Naveen, Louis and fellow owners of the cooperative, Tiana revived the old salt mine and the surrounding land, growing a wide array of vegetables, herbs and spices for her recipes.

This multi-faceted enterprise has turned the aging salt mine into a space that has come alive. Complete with a boutique farm and both a working and teaching kitchen, Tiana’s Foods is where Tiana and her colleagues create all sorts of new products that they are bringing to the world, including a line of original hot sauces.

Tiana's Foods Original Hot Sauce Label Logo's Foods Original Hot Sauce Label Logo

Tiana wants to give a big thanks to her family and friends and the entire community for all the support they’ve given her by throwing an amazing party during Mardi Gras season. When it turns out there’s been a bit of a mix–up with the party preparations, Tiana invites us to meet her at Tiana’s Foods to help with the missing ingredient for the party.

When we arrive, we may see that Tiana spruced up the company’s facilities with vibrant art from local artists. Food for the party is being prepared and beignets are being loaded into crates for the celebration. All kinds of preparations are underway for the journey into the bayou with Tiana, along with new and familiar friends from the animated film.

Picking up where that story left off, Tiana continues bringing people together with Tiana’s Foods, another treasured meeting place to spend time together and celebrate a diverse community. Tiana is also working with cooperative members to teach gardening and cooking to children of all ages, and inspiring other women to run successful businesses as the brand grows nationwide.

Continue following along with the Disney Parks Blog for updates relating to Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, as it makes its way to Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort in 2024.

Just as the original ride repurposed AAs from America Sings!, this one will use cast offs from Kitchen Kabaret

Animaniac93-98

That sounds like a nice backstory that could be explained in the queue. But what about the ride itself? What about the sense of adventure? What does the log flume ride entail? Is there ANY sense of danger!?! Or is it just going to be 10 minutes of celebrating and empowerment?

Presumably something goes wrong while we help look for that missing ingredient.

How that sets up the 50+ foot drop remains to be seen.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I’m hoping/presuming that this explanation is simply the backstory for the queue and connecting QS restaurant.

The ride platform itself really is going to demand something a bit more “adventurous”. This is still, after all, a log flume with a 50 foot drop.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
"Within the attraction queue, guests will discover that she continues to grow her business with Tiana’s Foods – an employee-owned cooperative. Combining her talents with those of the local community, Tiana has transformed an aging salt mine and built a beloved brand."

I haven't been this excited since I learned from the opening crawl of Star Wars: Phantom Menace that it was going to be about the taxation of trade routes!

Last edited:

EPCOT-O.G.

Picking up where that story left off, Tiana continues bringing people together with Tiana’s Foods, another treasured meeting place to spend time together and celebrate a diverse community. Tiana is also working with cooperative members to teach gardening and cooking to children of all ages, and inspiring other women to run successful businesses as the brand grows nationwide.

I can barely contain my excitement.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Disney has shared new details on the storyline for Tiana's Bayou Adventure -

At a young age, Tiana developed a deep passion for cooking, and began to dream of one day owning her own business. Her father, James, taught her that good food brings folks together. One of the most exciting parts of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is that we’re going to see where Tiana’s life has taken her following the success of Tiana’s Palace, a restaurant she had dreamed of owning and worked so hard to make come true.

Walt Disney Imagineering is creating an original, next chapter story for Tiana. Within the attraction queue, guests will discover that she continues to grow her business with Tiana’s Foods – an employee-owned cooperative. Combining her talents with those of the local community, Tiana has transformed an aging salt mine and built a beloved brand.

Tiana family photo in front of new Tiana's Foods water tower's Foods water tower

The endeavor began when Tiana purchased the salt mine and the area surrounding the large salt dome it operated from. With the help of her mother Eudora, Naveen, Louis and fellow owners of the cooperative, Tiana revived the old salt mine and the surrounding land, growing a wide array of vegetables, herbs and spices for her recipes.

This multi-faceted enterprise has turned the aging salt mine into a space that has come alive. Complete with a boutique farm and both a working and teaching kitchen, Tiana’s Foods is where Tiana and her colleagues create all sorts of new products that they are bringing to the world, including a line of original hot sauces.

Tiana's Foods Original Hot Sauce Label Logo's Foods Original Hot Sauce Label Logo

Tiana wants to give a big thanks to her family and friends and the entire community for all the support they’ve given her by throwing an amazing party during Mardi Gras season. When it turns out there’s been a bit of a mix–up with the party preparations, Tiana invites us to meet her at Tiana’s Foods to help with the missing ingredient for the party.

When we arrive, we may see that Tiana spruced up the company’s facilities with vibrant art from local artists. Food for the party is being prepared and beignets are being loaded into crates for the celebration. All kinds of preparations are underway for the journey into the bayou with Tiana, along with new and familiar friends from the animated film.

Continue following along with the Disney Parks Blog for updates relating to Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, as it makes its way to Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort in 2024.

There are times when I really wish there was a 🤮 or :rolleyes: reaction available.

EPCOT-O.G.

Worth noting, for absolutely no reason whatsoever, Marty Sklar’s Ten Commandments:

1. Know your audience – Don’t bore people, talk down to them or lose them by assuming that they know what you know.

2. Wear your guest’s shoes – Insist that designers, staff and your board members experience your facility as visitors as often as possible.

3. Organize the flow of people and ideas – Use good story telling techniques, tell good stories not lectures, lay out your exhibit with a clear logic.

4. Create a weenie – Lead visitors from one area to another by creating visual magnets and giving visitors rewards for making the journey

5. Communicate with visual literacy – Make good use of all the non-verbal ways of communication – color, shape, form, texture.

6. Avoid overload – Resist the temptation to tell too much, to have too many objects, don’t force people to swallow more than they can digest, try to stimulate and provide guidance to those who want more.

7. Tell one story at a time – If you have a lot of information divide it into distinct, logical, organized stories, people can absorb and retain information more clearly if the path to the next concept is clear and logical.

8. Avoid contradiction – Clear institutional identity helps give you the competitive edge. Public needs to know who you are and what differentiates you from other institutions they may have seen.

9. For every ounce of treatment, provide a ton of fun – How do you woo people from all other temptations? Give people plenty of opportunity to enjoy themselves by emphasizing ways that let people participate in the experience and by making your environment rich and appealing to all senses.

10. Keep it up – Never underestimate the importance of cleanliness and routine maintenance, people expect to get a good show every time, people will comment more on broken and dirty stuff.

EPCOT-O.G.

Let’s hope this is all queue discussion. Because…yikes.

WorldExplorer

You know in comedies when a character will be trying to give an alibi or similar, and they make themselves ridiculously angelic beings who volunteer with abused puppies between reading to blind orphans?

That's kinda what this reminds me of.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Tiana's Foods is like Avengers Campus

It's using a popular IP to dress up a somewhat ordinary, industrial concept like college campuses and food processing.

I think some feel a disconnect you have a fantasy character or setting with so much potential ultimately being used for something more mundane sounding. That doesn't mean the whole ride will be like that, but it's a weird thing to lead your marketing with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom