News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Ghost93

Can someone make a list of things in MK that are not problematic?

I would just like to know what will be left when twitter has finished the re-design.
The Winnie the Pooh Ride and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin seem pretty harmless at first glance. But when you dig a little deeper, you realize both attractions have a problematic lack of salt! So they've got to go.

The Little Mermaid ride gets somewhat of a pass due to the abundance of saltwater in the ocean. So it's safe for now. The Alice in Wonderland teacups now have a disclaimer at the start of the ride indicating that the teacups are filled with salt instead of the usual sugar.

Ghost93

Why stop there. Let’s change the name of the park to Salt Kingdom!
I think they want to wait to see how the retheming of Frontierland and Tom Sawyer's Island to "Land of the Salt" tests with audiences before committing to retheming the entire park. While salt is all the rage in 2023, we have no idea if the salt theme will stand the test of time. While Salt Kingdom seems like the natural progression of Walt's vision, the Disney company will ultimately want to ensure that consumers are okay with the change.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I think they want to wait to see how the retheming of Frontierland and Tom Sawyer's Island to "Land of the Salt" tests with audiences before committing to retheming the entire park. While salt is all the rage in 2023, we have no idea if the salt theme will stand the test of time. While Salt Kingdom seems like the natural progression of Walt's vision, the Disney company will ultimately want to ensure that consumers are okay with the change.
I’m hoping the next popcorn bucket comes with nothing but salt

Dizknee_Phreek

This theme park is making me thirsty!

George Costanza Pretzel GIF

999th Happy Haunt

That should be its name right now.

Pecos Bill and Splash are two differing Disney IPs. Under the rumored change, they'll be one Disney IP.

And Country Bears will fit because they aren't "the Frontier." They are "The South" (singing Southern songs from the 1950s).

Frontierland has regularly mixed up "the Frontier" with "the South." At the time of "the Western Frontier," the South was no longer "Frontier"... it was settled.

And across from the two Tiana New Orleans attractions is a Mississippi Riverboat. And a Mississippi Valley hang-out of Tom Sawyer.

And Diamond Horseshoe is akin to a Missouri saloon. And St. Louis was settled by the 1830s. Not much of a frontier land during the time of Mississippi steam boats.

The whole area could be called Ol' Mississippi Valley. BTMR is the one standout. It can be it's own mini-land... the new Frontierland.
They’re not grab bag though, they all at least fit into a uniform rustic and wilderness aesthetic. If “Beyond Big Thunder” and (presumably) Tiana’s Place happens, those will all be random “grab bag” properties with very loose connection to the themes and motifs present in Frontierland.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Country Bears Theater is allegedly meant to represent the Rocky Mountains and Colorado.
So, a frontier Western/Rocky Mountain facade, but Country (i.e. Southern) songs originally sung by Country artists from the mid-20th century.

Sorta like the same thing with Splash. A Southern setting but the facade painted to blend with the Western facade of BTMR.

And people don't see how Frontierland is a mess.

Kirby86

The Winnie the Pooh Ride and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin seem pretty harmless at first glance. But when you dig a little deeper, you realize both attractions have a problematic lack of salt! So they've got to go.

The Little Mermaid ride gets somewhat of a pass due to the abundance of saltwater in the ocean. So it's safe for now. The Alice in Wonderland teacups now have a disclaimer at the start of the ride indicating that the teacups are filled with salt instead of the usual sugar.
Well for the Tea Cups change them to Margherita glasses. Problem solved.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney has shared new details on the storyline for Tiana's Bayou Adventure -

At a young age, Tiana developed a deep passion for cooking, and began to dream of one day owning her own business. Her father, James, taught her that good food brings folks together. One of the most exciting parts of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is that we’re going to see where Tiana’s life has taken her following the success of Tiana’s Palace, a restaurant she had dreamed of owning and worked so hard to make come true.

Walt Disney Imagineering is creating an original, next chapter story for Tiana. Within the attraction queue, guests will discover that she continues to grow her business with Tiana’s Foods – an employee-owned cooperative. Combining her talents with those of the local community, Tiana has transformed an aging salt mine and built a beloved brand.

Tiana family photo in front of new Tiana's Foods water tower

The endeavor began when Tiana purchased the salt mine and the area surrounding the large salt dome it operated from. With the help of her mother Eudora, Naveen, Louis and fellow owners of the cooperative, Tiana revived the old salt mine and the surrounding land, growing a wide array of vegetables, herbs and spices for her recipes.

This multi-faceted enterprise has turned the aging salt mine into a space that has come alive. Complete with a boutique farm and both a working and teaching kitchen, Tiana’s Foods is where Tiana and her colleagues create all sorts of new products that they are bringing to the world, including a line of original hot sauces.

Tiana's Foods Original Hot Sauce Label Logo

Tiana wants to give a big thanks to her family and friends and the entire community for all the support they’ve given her by throwing an amazing party during Mardi Gras season. When it turns out there’s been a bit of a mix–up with the party preparations, Tiana invites us to meet her at Tiana’s Foods to help with the missing ingredient for the party.

When we arrive, we may see that Tiana spruced up the company’s facilities with vibrant art from local artists. Food for the party is being prepared and beignets are being loaded into crates for the celebration. All kinds of preparations are underway for the journey into the bayou with Tiana, along with new and familiar friends from the animated film.

Picking up where that story left off, Tiana continues bringing people together with Tiana’s Foods, another treasured meeting place to spend time together and celebrate a diverse community. Tiana is also working with cooperative members to teach gardening and cooking to children of all ages, and inspiring other women to run successful businesses as the brand grows nationwide.

Continue following along with the Disney Parks Blog for updates relating to Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, as it makes its way to Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort in 2024.

Incomudro

Disney has shared new details on the storyline for Tiana's Bayou Adventure -

At a young age, Tiana developed a deep passion for cooking, and began to dream of one day owning her own business. Her father, James, taught her that good food brings folks together. One of the most exciting parts of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is that we’re going to see where Tiana’s life has taken her following the success of Tiana’s Palace, a restaurant she had dreamed of owning and worked so hard to make come true.

Walt Disney Imagineering is creating an original, next chapter story for Tiana. Within the attraction queue, guests will discover that she continues to grow her business with Tiana’s Foods – an employee-owned cooperative. Combining her talents with those of the local community, Tiana has transformed an aging salt mine and built a beloved brand.

Tiana family photo in front of new Tiana's Foods water tower's Foods water tower

The endeavor began when Tiana purchased the salt mine and the area surrounding the large salt dome it operated from. With the help of her mother Eudora, Naveen, Louis and fellow owners of the cooperative, Tiana revived the old salt mine and the surrounding land, growing a wide array of vegetables, herbs and spices for her recipes.

This multi-faceted enterprise has turned the aging salt mine into a space that has come alive. Complete with a boutique farm and both a working and teaching kitchen, Tiana’s Foods is where Tiana and her colleagues create all sorts of new products that they are bringing to the world, including a line of original hot sauces.

Tiana's Foods Original Hot Sauce Label Logo's Foods Original Hot Sauce Label Logo

Tiana wants to give a big thanks to her family and friends and the entire community for all the support they’ve given her by throwing an amazing party during Mardi Gras season. When it turns out there’s been a bit of a mix–up with the party preparations, Tiana invites us to meet her at Tiana’s Foods to help with the missing ingredient for the party.

When we arrive, we may see that Tiana spruced up the company’s facilities with vibrant art from local artists. Food for the party is being prepared and beignets are being loaded into crates for the celebration. All kinds of preparations are underway for the journey into the bayou with Tiana, along with new and familiar friends from the animated film.

Picking up where that story left off, Tiana continues bringing people together with Tiana’s Foods, another treasured meeting place to spend time together and celebrate a diverse community. Tiana is also working with cooperative members to teach gardening and cooking to children of all ages, and inspiring other women to run successful businesses as the brand grows nationwide.

Continue following along with the Disney Parks Blog for updates relating to Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, as it makes its way to Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort in 2024.

Sounds dreadful.
The ride might be good, I really hope it's excellent and beautiful.
But that story... Uhghh...
"Local art," "cooperative members," "inspiring woman to run successful businesses..."
Is that the basis of entertainment?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom