News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Stupido

As a former Pecos Bill’s cast member, this news is a little bitter sweet for me. Of course I’ll always have my Pecos memories, but it’ll make me sad to not be able to visit my old haunt. However, converting this to Tiana’s Palace absolutely makes the most sense, and would do a lot to sell the retheming of Splash.

Plus as I’ve said before, currently we have two Princess Table Service restaurants that both require advance reservations that are pretty difficult to snag. Having a princess themed quick service would be really nice for all the kids whose parents weren’t able to grab ADRs.

I think this is a great idea, and hope they go ahead with it.

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Big thunder mountain is going to be really out of place if they New Orleans a section of Frontierland

Big Latino Mountain coming soon ahead of coco/encanto stuff confirmed (jk)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Frontierland to be renamed "Grab-Bag-IPs-We-Threw-Together-But-Also-Big-Thunderland"

That should be its name right now.

Pecos Bill and Splash are two differing Disney IPs. Under the rumored change, they'll be one Disney IP.

And Country Bears will fit because they aren't "the Frontier." They are "The South" (singing Southern songs from the 1950s).

Frontierland has regularly mixed up "the Frontier" with "the South." At the time of "the Western Frontier," the South was no longer "Frontier"... it was settled.

And across from the two Tiana New Orleans attractions is a Mississippi Riverboat. And a Mississippi Valley hang-out of Tom Sawyer.

And Diamond Horseshoe is akin to a Missouri saloon. And St. Louis was settled by the 1830s. Not much of a frontier land during the time of Mississippi steam boats.

The whole area could be called Ol' Mississippi Valley. BTMR is the one standout. It can be it's own mini-land... the new Frontierland.

MagicHappens1971

That should be its name right now.

Pecos Bill and Splash are two differing Disney IPs. Under the rumored change, they'll be one Disney IP.

And Country Bears will fit because they aren't "the Frontier." They are "The South" (singing Southern songs from the 1950s).

Frontierland has regularly mixed up "the Frontier" with "the South." At the time of "the Western Frontier," the South was no longer "Frontier"... it was settled.

And across from the two Tiana New Orleans attractions is a Mississippi Riverboat. And a Mississippi Valley hang-out of Tom Sawyer.

And Diamond Horseshoe is akin to a Missouri saloon. And St. Louis was settled by the 1830s. Not much of a frontier land during the time of Mississippi steam boats.

The whole area could be called Ol' Mississippi Valley. BTMR is the one standout. It can be it's own mini-land... the new Frontierland.
“Moving” BTMR into its own “mini land with the rumored Coco/Encanto expansion” would be in name only. They’re not going to actually move Big Thunder and it would still look even more out of place if they would go down the route of furthering a Tiana/New Orleans theme throughout Frontierland

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
“Moving” BTMR into its own “mini land with the rumored Coco/Encanto expansion” would be in name only. They’re not going to actually move Big Thunder and it would still look even more out of place if they would go down the route of furthering a Tiana/New Orleans theme throughout Frontierland
Time for a bunch of tall trees!!

Phicinfan

Couple of things...
First I thought the presentation at D23 stated behind BTMR was going to be more fantasy land?
Second - I am pretty sure you could just name Frontierland - Disney over Mid-America....or Old mid-America land. Just saying...

MagicHappens1971

Couple of things...
First I thought the presentation at D23 stated behind BTMR was going to be more fantasy land?
Second - I am pretty sure you could just name Frontierland - Disney over Mid-America....or Old mid-America land. Just saying...
Disney never gave any insight aside from “beyond Big Thunder”, it would be very complicated to connect this new land to Fantasyland. They would have to circumvent Haunted Mansion/Tangled bathrooms, as well as Tom Sawyer Island. They would have to demo something around Mansion/Small World/Tangled bathrooms to connect this. And even then I think if the “gateway” to this new land was in “Fantasyland” it would be a long walkway to get to this new space. I would rather them demo/move Small World, Peter Pans Flight and the Tangled restrooms and reimagine this whole area. But I digress, this is the TBA thread.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Disney never gave any insight aside from “beyond Big Thunder”, it would be very complicated to connect this new land to Fantasyland. They would have to circumvent Haunted Mansion/Tangled bathrooms, as well as Tom Sawyer Island. They would have to demo something around Mansion/Small World/Tangled bathrooms to connect this. And even then I think if the “gateway” to this new land was in “Fantasyland” it would be a long walkway to get to this new space. I would rather them demo/move Small World, Peter Pans Flight and the Tangled restrooms and reimagine this whole area. But I digress, this is the TBA thread.
Retheme Haunted Mansion, Tom Sawyer Island, and BTMR to various princess and it all connects to Fantasyland!!

MagicHappens1971

I've said many times that I think Frontierland's days are numbered due to increasingly critical looks at the Wild West and the country's dark legacy of colonialism.

Big Thunder Mountain may be rethemed to tie into the Coco/Encanto/Villains land planned for the park's northern area, whereas the rest of Frontierland may gradually turn into New Orleans square.
I could see this happening, the architecture of New Orleans square could also blend well with Liberty Square. It’ll be interesting to see what happens here

Brer Oswald

I've said many times that I think Frontierland's days are numbered due to increasingly critical looks at the Wild West and the country's dark legacy of colonialism.

Big Thunder Mountain may be rethemed to tie into the Coco/Encanto/Villains land planned for the park's northern area, whereas the rest of Frontierland may gradually turn into New Orleans square.
They might as well combine Frontierland, Liberty Square, and Fantasyland into one big Fantasyland. Get rid of HoP because that’s incredibly problematic (and lame).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom