News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Kirby86

The Briar Patch will be changed to The Salt Dome and Splashdown photos will be Naveens Navigation and gift shoo. Honestly though who knows what the shops will be called now.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Any guesses on what the new name of the exit gift shop (previously known as "Splashdown Photos" ) and The Briar Patch will be ? They have never mentioned those in any announcement.
We don't know:
  • The name of the gift shop
  • The full story of TBA
  • What the flume drop represents in TBA
  • How many AAs will be in TBA
  • How many of the AAs that will be in TBA will be reskinned from SM
  • How many of the AAs will have animatronic v. projected faces
  • How much of the ride will utilize projections
  • Beyond Tiana, Naveen, Louis, and Odie, what characters from the movie will be in the ride.
  • How much of the music will be from the movie and how much will be new

So, don't let folks complaints about what they *suppose* will happen fool you into thinking that such things as the name of the gift shop is known at this time. There is more unknown than known.

SteveAZee

We don't know:
  • The name of the gift shop
  • The full story of TBA
  • What the flume drop represents in TBA
  • How many AAs will be in TBA
  • How many of the AAs that will be in TBA will be reskinned from SM
  • How many of the AAs will have animatronic v. projected faces
  • How much of the ride will utilize projections
  • Beyond Tiana, Naveen, Louis, and Odie, what characters from the movie will be in the ride.
  • How much of the music will be from the movie and how much will be new

So, don't let folks complaints about what they *suppose* will happen fool you into thinking that such things as the name of the gift shop is known at this time. There is more unknown than known.
I guess I need to register TBA as another TLA in my brain on top of To Be Announced...

BuddyThomas

Well to be fair, for good or bad it is a discussion board. That's kinda the point of this type of thing, discuss the company and give opinions. So someone predicting this will fail is no more right or wrong than someone predicting an overwhelming success.
Or they could just wait until more information emerges so they know what they are talking about instead of just blabbing a bunch of blind comments about how the attraction will be a failure, without having any valid information for such predictions….unless they are psychics…..in which case, so many psychics…..so many…….

mysto

I guess I need to register TBA as another TLA in my brain on top of To Be Announced...
Totally Lame Acronym?
Calling the Tiana ride "To Be Announced" out loud is kind of fun, self referential parks fanboy wordplay. I swear there was a poll on here asking what you would refer to the ride as which needs to include that choice.

Kirby86

I guess the song's not nearly as famous as Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah so it's able to slip past the cracks....for the time being.
I could see then getting rid of it but they already scrubbed Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah from everything so I could honestly see them just letting this go. The instrumental version of course. The movie one will be gone. Since they have the voices of the Brers. Although it's nice that James Baskett and Nick Stewart's performance are living on just a bit longer.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

I could see then getting rid of it but they already scrubbed Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah from everything so I could honestly see them just letting this go. The instrumental version of course. The movie one will be gone. Since they have the voices of the Brers. Although it's nice that James Baskett and Nick Stewart's performance are living on just a bit longer.
The reason given for removing Zip is BS, I don't get the feeling that anyone took offense to the song at all and saying it's gone for "inclusivity purposes" just sounds like PR speak for "we don't want to be associated with this movie anymore"

Nubs70

Totally Lame Acronym?
Calling the Tiana ride "To Be Announced" out loud is kind of fun, self referential parks fanboy wordplay. I swear there was a poll on here asking what you would refer to the ride as which needs to include that choice.
Splash Mtn = SM = Salt Mountain

No acronym change needed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom