News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

JohnD

The eradication continues. Splash title is now gone. Briar Patch still there.

B96F2A74-070B-4E58-BC2C-2B7EE333B3E2.png

Last edited:

EPCOT-O.G.

It will all come down to how much is budget cut from this project.

Let’s see what happens. We will have (at least) 18 months to debate. Probably more.
I don’t know. Giving a blank check to Rodhe and Baxter but hamstringing them with an existing track and a convoluted salt mine backstory while having to come up with a new story and not use the main villain or his song seems to be a very difficult task.

Point being, all the money in the world can’t necessarily overcome those considerable hurdles.

MerlinTheGoat

I don't think Rohde is involved. Just that Tony Baxter and Bob Weis (before he left) were.

I don't think coming up with an original story will be a challenge for seasoned imagineers. But having to shove a new ride into an existing space it wasn't designed for could be a problem. The absence of a villain may also point towards a lack of any tension or dark moments too, which is also a possible concern. Remains to be seen.

Disstevefan1

I don’t know. Giving a blank check to Rodhe and Baxter but hamstringing them with an existing track and a convoluted salt mine backstory while having to come up with a new story and not use the main villain or his song seems to be a very difficult task.

Point being, all the money in the world can’t necessarily overcome those considerable hurdles.
I am not talking about blank checks or overcoming hurtles.

I am talking about the creative folks come up with super plans for the existing space and are not allowed to do that due to budget cuts.

This is a real possibility.

_caleb

I don’t know. Giving a blank check to Rodhe and Baxter
Neither is in charge, and only Baxter is reported to have been involved.
but hamstringing them with an existing track
You know for sure that changes to the track or logs was off the table?
and a convoluted salt mine backstory
You think it was executives, and not Imagineers who came up with this?
while having to come up with a new story
So Execs. came up with the backstory but not the story?
and not use the main villain
You know this was a requirement?
or his song
And this, too?
seems to be a very difficult task.

Which may not even exist.

jpinkc

I don't think Rohde is involved. Just that Tony Baxter and Bob Weis (before he left) were.

I don't think coming up with an original story will be a challenge for seasoned imagineers. But having to shove a new ride into an existing space it wasn't designed for could be a problem. The absence of a villain may also point towards a lack of any tension or dark moments too, which is also a possible concern. Remains to be seen.
The ONLY seasoned and PROVEN imagineer I have seen mentioned is Tony Baxter. They dont have any current ones that I can think of since Rhode left Disney. Its too bad Wally Crump and Bob Gurr are in there 90's.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
I think they should've rethemed Splash Mountain from Song of the South to Country Bears (not the 2002 movie), so we wouldn't have to complain about changing MK Frontierland.

MerlinTheGoat

The ONLY seasoned and PROVEN imagineer I have seen mentioned is Tony Baxter. They dont have any current ones that I can think of since Rhode left Disney. Its too bad Wally Crump and Bob Gurr are in there 90's.
I wasn't going on info that Disney has claimed. I didn't believe Baxter was actually substantially involved until an independent source verified it for me (the source itself also didn't believe it either at first until they did some digging). Same source also said Weis was involved too, something Disney never stated publicly.

_caleb

Asa Kalama, Kim Irvine, Charita Carter? Just because you can think of any doesn't mean they don't exist.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom