News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Incomudro

Unpopular Opinion: When this thing looks like a wreck 6 months after opening because Disney Operations will have unleashed their magic, I won’t be upset.
I hope it's amazing. I really do, and it can be.
But if they subpar this thing, yeah - I'll be celebrate its failure as an example of all that is wrong with the current trend of reimagining things for "modern audiences."

Incomudro

I guess it's plausible that the Laughing Place and lower half of the lift has some Friends on the Other Side stuff, and then Mama Odie shoo's them away when you reach the top. But I still don't think they'll bother even including any dark and scary elements in the ride at all...
Building some sense of dread as Facilier's presence makes itself known, build and stalks us - only to escape him over the lift hill with the help of Mama Odie - and fall into a Mardi Gras scene featuring the paddle wheel boat (which I believe will still be there) would be the way I'd like to see this ride done.

Kirby86

I hope it's amazing. I really do, and it can be.
But if they subpar this thing, yeah - I'll be celebrate its failure as an example of all that is wrong with the current trend of reimagining things for "modern audiences."
It's would be more of a failure on Disney doing routine maintenence. We shall see what happens I'm sure opening day will look great but I don't share the confidence with some that just because Tiana is there they will take care of the ride better after the cameras are turned off.

SweetDuffy101

Hi, So i have a question with regards to exterior of this ride.

So is Disneyland and Magic kingdom going to have a distinct exterior with Magic kingdom getting the first concept art that was released and the recently released one was meant for Disneyland's version of the ride?

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I finally gave in and watched some videos from closing including the cast member last rides and guests singing together. I thought I had my closure riding with my daughter alone in a log in December but with the videos I cried a bit. The ride was great but my memories will be stronger riding with my dad years ago and more recently with my daughter.

Rich T

I finally gave in and watched some videos from closing including the cast member last rides and guests singing together. I thought I had my closure riding with my daughter alone in a log in December but with the videos I cried a bit. The ride was great but my memories will be stronger riding with my dad years ago and more recently with my daughter.
Memories are everything.😊

Rich T

I can see it now

- what a great ride well done Disney you are awesome take all my money

and

- seriously, they gave up Splash for this garbage?
Edit: The 2nd option will be: “Seriously, they gave up Splash for this garbage? Take all my money anyway.”

I’m looking forward to Splash 2.0 and hoping it’s great. But anyone who’s truly angry about the decision should remember that Disney only cares about wallets. If you’re that upset, stop going to the parks. Money is the only language Disney speaks.

JohnD

So I thought I would re-use a 2017 poster calendar for 2023 (days of the week are the same). Take a look at February. Who knows, I may separate it at the perforations and frame it.

92D051BB-1553-417C-9C51-F630E88CE49E.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom