News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Midwest Elitist

Many are lamenting the lost music. Me included.

And the fact that reports are that PatF movie music won't be included, along with other components that would play very well into the hill climax. And no facilier. Along with a STUPID premise (IMO).

And most importantly... I don't trust disney as far as I can throw them.

Baxter and a late 80's team surrounding him to develop Splash is quite a bit different than this 2020 crew we have to put some kind of faith in.

You don't know it won't be inferior, just like we don't know it will be... But we've got a mountain (intentional) of evidence over the past 10-15 years that doesn't exactly bode well.
The music isn't lost: we have decent recordings.

In the future, as a side project as I will have a banjo, I want to attempt a recreation with a few other fans who are musicians.

Buried20KLeague

I realize that Disney has done little to gain our confidence lately, but I am confident they understand the gravity of this attraction. Not necessarily because of how popular Splash Mountain was but because it's an E-ticket attraction in their most visited theme park. If it weren't a Magic Kingdom attraction, I'd be more concerned.

It's possible they didn't truly understand the gravity till recently, and they could very well be soiling their britches. They haven't exactly shown they're in tune with the park guests.

The ride is designed and done... It's in the can. Changes of any significance at this point are probably next to impossible. If they didn't go big enough up front they're gonna have 24 months to sweat.

Buried20KLeague

The music isn't lost: we have decent recordings.

In the future, as a side project as I will have a banjo, I want to attempt a recreation with a few other fans who are musicians.

I assume you were aware I've heard of youtube. And I've got multiple CD's with every note.

That's not the point. The songs are lost from the park. No more laughin' place, no more zip a dee. I don't like it.

Just like I don't like Dreamfinder being gone. That was how long ago, and I'm still bitter. This will be the same.

Midwest Elitist

The DEI team at Disney has been celebrated, by some, for two and a half years and 600 pages in this thread.
They aren't celebrating the team, just some of the actions they put forth. For instance, I think the Peter Pan map they added is fantastic. I think some are just excited for a change, and that's fine. And I'm ok with that too, but for the 100th time I've said in this thread: them removing the music from the parks makes me slam my head into my desk.

Midwest Elitist

I assume you were aware I've heard of youtube. And I've got multiple CD's with every note.

That's not the point. The songs are lost from the park. No more laughin' place, no more zip a dee. I don't like it.

Just like I don't like Dreamfinder being gone. That was how long ago, and I'm still bitter. This will be the same.
Honestly, I think Zip will come back in a few years.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

It is close to removing it’s a small world song from Disney history

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom