News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
However, reading this thread and learning that the PatF music won't be used has me a little concerned.

My assumption is that they won't have any music written specifically for this ride. They will reuse songs from the original movie just with new lyrics (where necessary). So, in a way, music from PatF will be in there... just not maybe 100% the way you remember it...

celluloid

0.01% of all children (regardless of gender) are 40" by 24 months (on their 2nd birthday). 2.76% of all boys and 4.56% of girls are 40" by 35 months (still technically 2, just before turning 3). The majority of kids will hit 40" somewhere between 3.5 yrs and 4 years old.
Exactly. Not before 3. The poster I quoted and bolded said 40 inches before 3 years old.

ToTBellHop

Keeping the vision “secret” would in and of itself be ample evidence that Disney has no idea how important this makeover is to fans or how visible and discussed the project will be. So no, it’s pretty safe to say there is no “secret” vision. Remember, these are the same people who did the Epcot makeover, a complete and utter disaster revealing incompetence at every level of the process.
1674488459137.gif

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Oh I agree it was definitely am odd choice but they seemed dead set on it.

I don't think having a hurricane as a plot point would be a good idea because God forbid a major one hits New Orleans again like Katrina did. The PR would be a nightmare.

Ok reimagine your suspension of disbelief to include a raft ride from the top of the levee to "ground level" which is below sea level.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

I’m aware of the history and their convoluted explanation. it’s very incongruent that a project that has as one of its driving goals to eradicate the use of a problematic part of Disney’s cultural history would use as a basis the locale and industry that relied on slave labor.

A little bit of work beyond Googling “highest elevation point in Louisana” would have made this clear.
In an attempt to distance themselves from something considered problematic, they double down and make something 10x as worse and insensitive.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I'm already seeing a lot of little girl's wearing Tiana dresses leaving Tiana's Bayou Adventure throwing tantrums due to their costumes all soaked in water. Especially in the hot Florida sun and humidity. :hilarious:
I believe in the concept a Tiana is in some new outfit that's adventure-y. Surely it will be available to purchase as a rain outfit and sold to protect oneself on the attraction!

LittleBuford

Sitting sideways with a crabby look on your face does not protect you from getting your hair wet. If she were wearing some kind of poncho or bonnet or hood or wrap or other covering; or if she were ducking down, I'd agree with you. But she's not making any effort to protect her hair, she simply looks miserable to be there.
I often look bad/miserable in ride photos even though I'm having an amazing time.

I think some of you are spending way too long analysing that picture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom