News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Rich T

I know I’m going to be laughed at for saying this but I don’t care it’s my opinion.

This is the single greatest mistake in the History of theme parks.
I’d list Epcot’s dumbification, the decision to go with the too-short version of 7 Dwarf’s Mine Train, Rocket Rods, the shortening of DL’s River to build a boring Star Wars Land, tearing out DL’s Country Bears for a C-ticket dark ride, building a Yeti that breaks and can’t be easily fixed, tearing out MK’s Snow White for a meet n greet, letting DL’s PeopleMover tracks rot in public view for 22 years (and counting), Harmonious, Light Magic, Habit Heroes, too many hotels at EuroDisney’s debut, Disney Studios Paris, and nearly all of DCA 1.0 as worse.

Last edited:

Dan Deesnee

Splash closing is the embodiment of everything wrong with Disney.

- It's a fact that closing it is completely unnecessary.
- Tiana deserves more than a reskin.
- Being unnecessary, it's a waste of 50 million dollars.
- It will take years to complete leaving MK without it's flagship ride.
- It will likely not be as good as Splash.
- It paves the way for other classics to be destroyed.

Bad decisions all around.

_caleb

Splash closing is the embodiment of everything wrong with Disney.

- It's a fact that closing it is completely unnecessary.
- Tiana deserves more than a reskin.
- Being unnecessary, it's a waste of 50 million dollars.
- It will take years to complete leaving MK without it's flagship ride.
- It will likely not be as good as Splash.
- It paves the way for other classics to be destroyed.

Bad decisions all around.
It’s hard to take comments like these seriously when you use the word “fact” in place of “opinion” and then say a bunch of stuff that seems so obviously to be an emotional reaction.

I’m truly sorry for your loss, but do we have to live in Pessimismland?

WorldExplorer

The differences is, even if you say it is comparable to those other great works of the art, is the company is not afraid to reference those. This is a different treatment.

While I don't agree with how they're treating Splash, I'm kind of happy this means they'll at least not start up the "pretend you care about something you're actively destroying" charade they've been pulling in Epcot for years.

Imagine, "We know we just ruined it, but you should buy our 40 dollar B'rer Rabbit popcorn bucket!"

Trauma

It’s hard to take comments like these seriously when you use the word “fact” in place of “opinion” and then say a bunch of stuff that seems so obviously to be an emotional reaction.

I’m truly sorry for your loss, but do we have to live in Pessimismland?
Is Pessimismland objectively worse than blinded by pixie dust land that you hail from ?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Gee, it’s almost as if Disney is actually just a gigantic, greedy media corporation that only sees its fans as a source of money. Naw, couldn’t be…
Honestly it’s just a giant lumbering bureaucracy that can’t get out of its own way and be responsive to what guests want. So they’ll continue to do the bare minimum to ensure guest$ show up and the cycle of mediocrity will continue.

Rich T

That would be much higher than I would give them. I'm genuinely struggling with one instance of something being as good or better than what it replaced.
How far back are we going? Replacing Nature’s Wonderland with Big Thunder was sort of an even trade. It kinda wrecked the character and scope of DL’s Frontierland, but it was a necessary change. Same for Star Tours replacing Adventure Through Inner Space. If we’re just talking post-Eisner Disney… I can’t think of anything that was an improvement EXCEPT for Cars Land and Buena Vista Street at DCA.

Let’s just hope Tiana’s Adventure turns out excellent.

Rich T

Honestly it’s just a giant lumbering bureaucracy that can’t get out of its own way and be responsive to what guests want. So they’ll continue to do the bare minimum to ensure guest$ show up and the cycle of mediocrity will continue.
They will as long as guests keep showing up, paying more and more each time.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
"Tiana's Foods" won't give you that same feeling?
The IP associated with this redevelopment is not a tent pole franchise like Toy Story or The Lion King. I mean even major franchises like Aladdin was only given a D ticket. It seems like pushing something that only a few want and it’s debatable whether it will have a lasting power of three decades.

I mean if you asked people what IP Splash was based on I would bet good money most people wouldn’t know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom