News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

spectromagic04

I'm willing to bet by the 23rd, Splash looks even worse than it did in 2012

I actually went on Splash twice on different days this week. Surprisingly they are still fixing broken effects. Noticed animatronics fixed and the audio on the lift bill fixed. Ride is still in bad condition but way better than what’s in that video.

_caleb

I think it’s funny that the AAs apparently require daily maintenance/repair of some sort. What are they, clockwork or something?

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I actually went on Splash twice on different days this week. Surprisingly they are still fixing broken effects. Noticed animatronics fixed and the audio on the lift bill fixed. Ride is still in bad condition but way better than what’s in that video.
Friend did their goodbye ride over the weekend. The entire rabbit trap scene was stationary, so it was just a frozen Br'er Fox yelling at a frozen Br'er Bear. They were genuinely creeped by the lack of life/movement in the Laughin' Place and they told me the finale was hard to see in its current shape (Many of the chickens and geese on the Zip Lady have died).

However, if they are still fixing minor stuff then maybe it has some chance of looking mildly decent when it goes

ToTBellHop

1671502070545.gif

Smiley/OCD

Friend did their goodbye ride over the weekend. The entire rabbit trap scene was stationary, so it was just a frozen Br'er Fox yelling at a frozen Br'er Bear. They were genuinely creeped by the lack of life/movement in the Laughin' Place and they told me the finale was hard to see in its current shape (Many of the chickens and geese on the Zip Lady have died).

However, if they are still fixing minor stuff then maybe it has some chance of looking mildly decent when it goes
We went on it 6 times from 12/9-15th...the Zip Lady was the ONE scene where everything was working...so I don't know what they were looking at, but it was fine when we were there. Lots of other AA's were D.O.A.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
We went on it 6 times from 12/9-15th...the Zip Lady was the ONE scene where everything was working...so I don't know what they were looking at, but it was fine when we were there. Lots of other AA's were D.O.A.
The Zip has it's issues, but it's nowhere near as bad as the rest of the ZADD scene. The entire gator scene being turned off takes alot out of the finale. Br'er Turkey and Br'er Toad have been silent for a while. One of the Swamp Boys has been out for a while.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Which took 5 years to build.

Disney needs more than just 1 new attraction as well. Splash was already popular so retheming it does nothing to help capacity around MK

If they wanted a Tiana attraction, build one. Don’t replace an existing popular attraction but I won’t get into that
After Tron, there is no other attraction greenlit or reasonably in the pipeline other than the Moana water walkthrough at EPCOT, right?

So in terms of new attractions, we would be looking at a minimum of 3-5 years before anything gets added at any of the parks? Oy vey.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
After Tron, there is no other attraction greenlit or reasonably in the pipeline other than the Moana water walkthrough at EPCOT, right?
There definitely are plans according to our insiders.

Don't know if any have been greenlit or scheduled yet.

Certainly, none have been announced except for that awful blue sky stuff at the last D23.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom