News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

dreday3

Disney has announced Splash Mountain will close for the reimagining into Tiana's Bayou Adventure January 23rd, 2023.

New concept art -

View attachment 682292

So I'm thinking it should be open by my April trip? 😂

TQQQ

Disney has announced Splash Mountain will close for the reimagining into Tiana's Bayou Adventure January 23rd, 2023.

New concept art -

View attachment 682292
Good indication that Tron might open before the reported April dates?

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
2022-wdw-atmo-mk-frontierland-splash-mountain-ride-stock.jpg

Sleep well old friend

EPCOT-O.G.

This seems like an improvement over the last update. "CTRL-F" + "salt" and "mines" shows no results, and Louis and Mardi Gras are back at the fore...for now.

Stupido

Happy to see this project finally have a start date! Judging by concept art, we’ll be getting a lot of animatronics. Lewis, Naveen, Tiana and this reoccurring band? If every scene features them, I think we’re off to a great start. What will make or break this attraction will be the music. It needs to be on par with the movie and original Splash, otherwise this ride will sink.

Brer Oswald

Happy to see this project finally have a start date! Judging by concept art, we’ll be getting a lot of animatronics. Lewis, Naveen, and Tiana and this reoccurring band? If every scene features them, I think we’re off to a great start. What will make or break this attraction will be the music. It needs to be on par with the movie and original Splash, otherwise this ride will sink.
I would hope that the ride wouldn’t only have this same band recurring. Part of the magic of splash was that it had so many unique critters throughout the attraction

Surferboy567

Well, it was inevitable that it was gonna close in January. Sad to see Splash Mountain go, but it is what it is now. The concept art looks better then what was shown before. Not sure how Disneyland’s is gonna be done by late 2024 if they don’t close that one soon as well.

SailorMercury

Well, it was inevitable that it was gonna close in January. Sad to see Splash Mountain go, but it is what it is now. The concept art looks better then what was shown before. Not sure how Disneyland’s is gonna be done by late 2024 if they don’t close that one soon as well.
They’ll probably lose it in March

Brer Oswald

I don’t think it’s super likely that either of these make the 2024 date. But if they want to make what they are proposing (bayou ride), the scenes for the Florida version need to be completely changed. It won’t be easy (or cheap) to uninstall the existing sets.

The Disneyland version, which relies more on darkness and already has the swampy trees will take a lot less to convert.

Riverrafter21

Well, we've sadly progressed from "Will it ever happen" to "Will it even finish in 2024".

Even more pressure on Disney now, Tiana's Runaway Railway isn't going to cut it as a replacement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom