News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Capture.PNG
Guess one of the hens decided to retire early (Look at the lump of feathers next to the pig)

Smiley/OCD

They need to sell salt in the gift shop.

Table salt, kosher salt, bath salts, road salt, iodized salt, salt cubes for horses.
I’m gonna have to bring an extra suitcase down to fit that 50 lb. bag of rock salt to take back to NJ…I wonder if it’ll have any “magical” ice melting capabilities? Maybe they’ll call it Pixie Dust Ice Melt…

EagleScout610

Premium Member

JustInTime

if they are indeed budget cutting the exterior enhancements, that water tower they are showing off definitely needs to go along with the storyline about Tiana running a co-op business... This has NOTHING to do with the story and feels even more "Designed By Committee" than anything else...Why a water tower? What is the TDO obsession with water towers and properties called ...something SPRINGS...lol but seriously the tree and Odies Boat looked like classic Disney... the water tower and minimal changes looks like Paul Pressler
To me it seems the artwork we got is the version after the budget cuts. The expensive tree any reimagining of the top of the ride is gone from the art. The water tower is certainly the cheaper option, unfortunately.

SuddenStorm

So....would you say whoever bought them....had the right to (Br'er) Bear arms? Thank you goodnight!

That's an awful ebay post.

They are tagged for Anaheim California, the listing says they were used in 'Walt Disney World Park' which isn't a thing.

MerlinTheGoat

To me it seems the artwork we got is the version after the budget cuts. The expensive tree any reimagining of the top of the ride is gone from the art. The water tower is certainly the cheaper option, unfortunately.
Yes, the version we got at D23 is the cheap "Throw it together and call it a day" option
If the information given to me is correct, the budget for the current salt mine variant is actually far higher than it was when they first announced the ride. The initial art was the low budget "thrown together" version. The early rumors were in the $30-$40 million range. This was back when the "Lost Trumpet" variant was being tossed around. I'm also not sure they ever planned on using anything from that initial concept art, it was cobbled together on short notice with little thought. The Tiana and Louis figures certainly wouldn't have been placed in that area for instance. But even if they HAD built the tree/boat, that variant called for a very dark, empty and video-centric interior that would have ruined any hopes of it being an acceptable replacement for Splash.

Despite the loss of the details at the top of the mountain (and I also consider them a loss), it's not the end of the world if the budget was actually increased and the money redirected to the interior scenes instead.

Last edited:

solidyne

They are tagged for Anaheim California, the listing says they were used in 'Walt Disney World Park' which isn't a thing.
Agreed. "Walt Disney World Park" isn't a thing. However, "a Walt Disney World park" is a thing! (MK is a WDW park.) Even that would still have been wrong, of course, in this case, not being in Anaheim, but a thing nonetheless.

I'm not sure what's worse, conflating the two resorts or thinking that WDW itself is a park. Neither generates confidence in this seller.

yensidtlaw1969

Is this confirmation Charlotte is appearing in some capacity in the ride? I thought she was funny in the film and wouldn't mind seeing more of her.

Yeah, I get the feeling the America Sings animatronics will either be removed outright or reskinned to look more like the animals from PaTF. It's a shame, they tried for ages to find those animatronics a new home.
"Ages"? America Sings closed little over a year before Splash Mountain opened. Those critters were out of work for a matter of weeks.

I can't imagine why it would matter significantly to anyone if they were allowed to remain but reskinned to suit the new IP.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

The bigger problem is that the tag CLEARLY says “Reindeer” not “Brer Bear”…they clearly look like the “paws” of the reindeer in the MVMCP…are they part of a legit Disney costume? Possibly, but they’re definitely NOT part of the Brer Bear costume.

JustInTime

If the information given to me is correct, the budget for the current salt mine variant is actually far higher than it was when they first announced the ride. The initial art was the low budget "thrown together" version. The early rumors were in the $30-$40 million range. This was back when the "Lost Trumpet" variant was being tossed around. I'm also not sure they ever planned on using anything from that initial concept art, it was cobbled together on short notice with little thought. The Tiana and Louis figures certainly wouldn't have been placed in that area for instance. But even if they HAD built the tree/boat, that variant called for a very dark, empty and video-centric interior that would have ruined any hopes of it being an acceptable replacement for Splash.

Despite the loss of the details at the top of the mountain (and I also consider them a loss), it's not the end of the world if the budget was actually increased and the money redirected to the interior scenes instead.
I am definitely excited for the interior. The exterior just seems like a massive downgrade from the current version that exists. And my concern is that it’s already cheap looking so if the rumors are true and the budget for the exterior has been cut, I’m hoping those cuts were made prior to D23.

Bocabear

I am definitely excited for the interior. The exterior just seems like a massive downgrade from the current version that exists. And my concern is that it’s already cheap looking so if the rumors are true and the budget for the exterior has been cut, I’m hoping those cuts were made prior to D23.
I know when I think about New Orleans and the bayou, the first thing I think of is a Water Tower...
Why would they add that element...of all things that can be added, that makes literally no sense...
And Tiana's dream of a restaurant is also now she has a conglomerate co-op food factory? Who came up with this ridiculous overworked-by-committee storyline for the ride?

EagleScout610

Premium Member

Have you heard any potential costs for this version of Tiana?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney has announced Splash Mountain will close for the reimagining into Tiana's Bayou Adventure January 23rd, 2023.

New concept art -

Fi-zQgLXEAE3Qp8.jpeg

Disstevefan1

Disney has announced Splash Mountain will close for the reimagining into Tiana's Bayou Adventure January 23rd, 2023.

New concept art -

View attachment 682292
Reality: The attraction will be closed for three years and when reopened, look nothing like the concept art due to budget cuts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom