News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

MerlinTheGoat

Given that you’ve never been a cheerleader for the retheme, this gives me a bit of hope.
I'm still skeptical myself. I am however working off second hand info from another individual who was exceptionally against this overhaul and just as negative as me. It's more the Disneyland version that was said to be promising (due to the more fitting setting). I don't know how much they would appreciate me sharing this, but I hope they're right.

There was one thing mentioned about the type of scenery used that would make me breathe a particularly large sigh of relief if true. It's perhaps my biggest issue with modern Disney rides in comparison to classic E tickets. People who are familiar with my posting history can probably figure out what I'm referring to.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Disney hasn't bothered to post any behind the scenes photos of the foliage and the new animatronics for the retheme, so we don't know if work is being done.

Door Coaster

I'm still skeptical myself. I am however working off second hand info from another individual who was exceptionally against this overhaul and just as negative as me. It's more the Disneyland version that was said to be promising (due to the more fitting setting). I don't know how much they would appreciate me sharing this, but I hope they're right.

There was one thing mentioned about the type of scenery used that would make me breathe a particularly large sigh of relief if true. It's perhaps my biggest issue with modern Disney rides in comparison to classic E tickets. People who are familiar with my posting history can probably figure out what I'm referring to.
Zilch screens?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I've a suspicion that scent will play a role in the storyline of this attraction. Mainly because it's just one more addition that would distinquish it from it's former self, and also because a food-op storyline, one centered around Tiana, should feature sweetly scented food aromas. Is it wishful thinking? Possibly, but given the concept, it'd be a missed opportunity not to incorporate smellitizers. If not for food types, a Magnolia scent could work. Shame "Salt" doesn't have a smell, eh!

JoeCamel

I've a suspicion that scent will play a role in the storyline of this attraction. Mainly because it's just one more addition that would distinquish it from it's former self, and also because a food-op storyline, one centered around Tiana, should feature sweetly scented food aromas. Is it wishful thinking? Possibly, but given the concept, it'd be a missed opportunity not to incorporate smellitizers. If not for food types, a Magnolia scent could work. Shame "Salt" doesn't have a smell, eh!
Salt does have an aroma but I think they already have the smell down pat, mold and mildew are very southern

_caleb

I would really like this! I know it can be gimmicky, but I find smell to be a powerful aid in immersion.

MerlinTheGoat

I would really like this! I know it can be gimmicky, but I find smell to be a powerful aid in immersion.
I favor this as well. I was actually disappointed in how underused scent was in Ratatouille. Unless it is already broken, all they have is a very subtle bread smell at the end. No wine or anything else in areas you'd think it would have it. Even Philharmagic is a lot better at the smells. A few years ago they added some rum and wood smells to POTC, and that was also a welcome addition.

I still fondly recall the orange grove smells from Horizons...

FettFan

Disney hasn't bothered to post any behind the scenes photos of the foliage and the new animatronics for the retheme, so we don't know if work is being done.

Not true. We got video of Belle from Hong Kong’s BatB ride, and from what I’ve heard, Tiana is the same animatronic reskinned.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

This thumbnail makes Song of the South look way more appealing than it actually is lol. No wonder they started using the animated characters in advertisements more frequently.

I feel like the Disneyland version will be the superior one by far because it's being primarily designed with that location in mind. Their version of Splash resembles a bayou more than the colorful, vibrant locales of the WDW one so it's definitely an easier conversion.

MerlinTheGoat

I feel like the Disneyland version will be the superior one by far because it's being primarily designed with that location in mind. Their version of Splash resembles a bayou more than the colorful, vibrant locales of the WDW one so it's definitely an easier conversion.
Splash at Disneyland is already right next to New Orleans Square, so i'm sure they're just going to call it an extension of that land going forward.

But WDW's will be a more troublesome conversion in terms of the exterior given its position at the far end of Frontierland. They did a pretty good job with the current version by using red tones on the exterior rockwork, both helping blend in with Big Thunder while also conveying that it takes place in the Georgia countryside and its distinct red clay (it's also more faithful to the scenery in the film as well, and IMO the best looking version of the ride when it's actually in good condition). Plus the music itself is more clearly bluegrass/country as well.

So I really don't know what they intend to do to address this placement issue for WDW. Knowing the company though, probably not much. At least as much of a concern is how they will handle the interior scenes. The size of the building and rooms, as well as the layout itself, is extremely different from California's. You can't really get away with simply copying and pasting everything like their normal cloning procedure.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
They'll try. Armchairing here but I wonder if swapping the water tower for a windmill wouldn't have lent a rural farm/western vibe.
maxresdefault.jpg
download.jpeg

Not like Frontierland doesn't already have windmills, so I dont see how one more could hurt

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom