News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There's already a Speedway discussion on the TRON thread, where it's at least close to being on topic.

This is the Splash Mountain thread.

Unless y'all want Speedway to be rethemed to a Princess Tiana's Jalopy Adventure!

:)

Kirby86

There's already a Speedway discussion on the TRON thread, where it's at least close to being on topic.

This is the Splash Mountain thread.

Unless y'all want Speedway to be rethemed to a Princess Tiana's Jalopy Adventure!

:)
Due to the success of Tiana's salt mine she decided to get into infrastructure so she built roads to better help out the community. There's the concept I want my check in the mail Bob.

GimpYancIent

Due to the success of Tiana's salt mine she decided to get into infrastructure so she built roads to better help out the community. There's the concept I want my check in the mail Bob.
The only thing you will probably get in the mail is a letter from the Disney Legal Department advising that Disney does not take outside unsolicited ideas.

matt9112

Conflict would certainly work with the PatF ride, build the conflict throughout the ride with a sense of dread rising, to be relieved after the drop
It could be done so well with Dr. Facilier.
Perhaps, they'll still use some rising conflict? I don't know...
But the Dr. would have been such a great way to do it.

Could do a fun gift shop run by the doctor after. You know he failed and is relegated to selling merchandise to pay off his “debts”

matt9112

But what if they make another princess ride like FEA and keep it giggles and sparkles? Building dread may not play well with that crowd.
I know which way I think they went
I think it comes down to who the target audience is for this

Fantasyland already ruines the magic kingdom. I don’t mean in the ride sense I mean in the demographic that visits the MK when I had passes for years I dreaded the MK avoided that stroller filled place like the plague.

Incomudro

Fantasyland already ruines the magic kingdom. I don’t mean in the ride sense I mean in the demographic that visits the MK when I had passes for years I dreaded the MK avoided that stroller filled place like the plague.
Yeah, as a father of sons there was never much in Fantasyland for them anyway.
Not like in my day when 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea anchored the area, and though I don't revere it like others on these boards - a more intense ride like Mister Toad's was there as well.
Now I'm afraid that's bleeding over into Adventureland.
I hope I'm wrong.
I hope Disney is going to add an element of impending dread to PatF.

MaximumEd

It’s interesting to me that we are getting TRON for this reason. I would not have expected a 48” height requirement in MK 10 years ago.
Tron never made sense to me for MK. The placement right next to SM is off to me. Plus, MK needs capacity. Not something that will draw another 2M a year into an already crowded and mostly miserable experience.

drizgirl

Tron never made sense to me for MK. The placement right next to SM is off to me. Plus, MK needs capacity. Not something that will draw another 2M a year into an already crowded and mostly miserable experience.
Which puts you at odds with the Disney suits. They are only interested in things that draw more people.

Main Street Theater would have been great for adding capacity but you see what happened to that.

drizgirl

Yeah, I hang all hopes for expedited downtime the incontrovertible fact that taking a headlining attraction out of the parks for more than 3 peak periods is just fundamentally bad business. Same reason I can occasionally tell myself they will assemble a good show in the attraction; permanently kneecapping this ride with a bad show would be difficult for people to ignore whether returning or first time guests. This is one of the 5 attractions everyone tells you to do in 2 of the most venerated parks in the world; blowing it would hard to hide.
You mean the way they took Maelstrom out for so long? Almost the same, right? ;)

GimpYancIent

True Tron would fit better and make more sense, say, at HS rather than at MK. It's too late now though and only time will tell what the impacts will be to MK. As to the quality of the MK experience it never seemed unenjoyable but rather fun (to varying degrees dependent on many factors) still "miserable" has never been my experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom