News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

EPCOT-O.G.

Thanks! Were any of these newly produced, or just existing stock?
244DFDC7-26C8-4003-A50D-0C2E1FF6D00A.jpeg

This one. Bought it this spring after I conquered my lifelong fear of roller coasters and Splash.

LittleBuford

View attachment 670864
This one. Bought it this spring after I conquered my lifelong fear of roller coasters and Splash.
This kind of thing I'm aware of; a similar mug came up in discussion a few weeks ago (see the link below). It's merchandise featuring the characters that I believe they (largely?) stopped producing after the 2020 announcement.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Brer Bear was on a few Magic bands, I heard there was some pins available. There were mugs with the Mountains on them. Not much but it was noticeable.
If I recall correctly the magic band with Br'er Bear was recreating a peice from the opening of WDW. Otherwise I doubt he would've been on there.

Kirby86

Did Disney acknowledge the ride's 30th at WDW or was nothing done? I'm assuming its the latter, as they sure love to pretend it suddenly doesn't exist after making merchandise featuring characters from it as recently as October 2021. I'm tired of them kicking the can down the road, either rip the damn bandaid off and close it or don't even bother. I'm sick of waiting for Splash to die, just kill it already because watching it decay and rot is agonizing to see. Something as masterfully crafted as it will likely never be made again and judging by reception it seems like if the retheme tanks Disney is done for.
I wouldn't say Disney will be done for but if the general consensus is Tiana's Bayou Adventure isn’t as good as Splash Mountain this will definitely be a kick in the teeth for Imagineering. Also we have to see how they will maintain it.

WorldExplorer

This kind of thing I'm aware of; a similar mug came up in discussion a few weeks ago (see the link below). It's merchandise featuring the characters that I believe they (largely?) stopped producing after the 2020 announcement.

There's a grey shirt with a bunch of characters on it in front of the castle with B'rer Rabbit on it currently being sold.

No clue when they started making that or how long it's been there, though.

Smiley/OCD

People saying there is only one water ride in MK…

Pirates Response: Am I nothing to you?

Pirates is a Shoot the Chute ride, it just is designed not to splash much, but that could always be changed…
Nothing like being splashed & doused with that dank, smelly water to make my trip complete!!

Smiley/OCD

At this point keeping Splash open is depressing. The way it's being left to fall apart and go out as a broken, hollow shell of its former self hurts.
I’d REALLY love to know how Tony Baxter feels deep, deep down inside to see what his crown jewel has become. I know I’m a jaded guy from NJ (comes with the territory), but it almost like TWDC is going out of their way to allow SM to fall into such a level of disrepair that all the anti-Tiana guests will be forced to embrace the reboot.

Smiley/OCD

I was referring to Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids, because those are the ones that soak you and soak you good.

And to repeat what I said before this comment got previously deleted:

Can we not predict Splash Mountain closing when Tron opens anymore please? I believe that won’t work in terms of guest attendance and experience, because on warm/hot days at Magic Kingdom in Florida, guests will need a ride to cool off on via water. Closing SM for the retheme for many months will just drive away guests (to Universal's Islands of Adventure, since they have Jurassic Park River Adventure, Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls, and Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges, which are both water rides), because they don’t want to suffer from the Florida heat. Not even fans or water squirters will work. The guests will just complain.
Just stop the raft rides over to TSI and make guests either swim or take a tube over…problem solved!! Lol

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
There's a grey shirt with a bunch of characters on it in front of the castle with B'rer Rabbit on it currently being sold.

No clue when they started making that or how long it's been there, though.
I think that was from pre-Covid. I remember when the parks reopened people thought it was new Br'er Rabbit merch

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom