News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

AKL2003

Wow....rode this 3 times this past week figuring it would be my last few rides on Splash....it is in sad sad sad shape!!! I am really hoping they get on this "re-imagining" as soon as possible, it needs to be put out of its misery. (and just for the record, i am usually VERY tolerant of the shape of attractions...this just really depressed me).

erasure fan1

Wow....rode this 3 times this past week figuring it would be my last few rides on Splash....it is in sad sad sad shape!!! I am really hoping they get on this "re-imagining" as soon as possible, it needs to be put out of its misery. (and just for the record, i am usually VERY tolerant of the shape of attractions...this just really depressed me).
Unfortunately Disney isn't concerned with bad show. Tron should be done so they could take down splash and not lose capacity. On Disneys list of 789 things to get done, guest experience is about 782.

Kirby86

No matter when they start the change over to the Tiana ride, Magic Kingdom is going to be missing a water ride during the summer. Eventually Disney will just have to rip the band-aid off. The latest could be next October if they are worried about capacity and the summer heat for 2023 and that would give them about one year from closing to change Splash to Tiana.

MagicHappens1971

Closing SM for that ****redacted**** for many months will just drive away guests (to Universal's Islands of Adventure, since they have Jurassic Park River Adventure, Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls, and Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges, which are both water rides), because they don’t want to suffer from the Florida heat. Not even fans or water squirters will work. The guests will just complain.

The redo of Splash Mountain alone is not going to drive guests to Universal. A family with 2 children 7 and under for example, don’t have a desire for it. They may go to Typhoon or Blizzard Beach? Or their resorts pool. It’s summer in Florida, it’s hot, always has been, people aren’t melting.

Markiewong

Can we all stop predicting Splash Mountain closing when Tron opens? I believe that won’t work in terms of guest attendance and experience, because on warm/hot days at Magic Kingdom in Florida, guests will need a ride to cool off on via water. Closing SM for that BLM-fueled retheme for many months will just drive away guests (to Universal's Islands of Adventure, since they have Jurassic Park River Adventure, Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls, and Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges, which are both water rides), because they don’t want to suffer from the Florida heat. Not even fans or water squirters will work. The guests will just complain.
How does this work for Hollywood Studios and Epcot? Which both lack waterrides.

Bocabear

It would be nice if the MK had a second water ride...there are many ways one could fit especially if there is expansion around the ROA...but that would not even be possible for an opening any sooner than 5 years...ride and theme development, construction and the all important marketing package... earliest possibility of that would be 2028...

Kirby86

It would be nice if the MK had a second water ride...there are many ways one could fit especially if there is expansion around the ROA...but that would not even be possible for an opening any sooner than 5 years...ride and theme development, construction and the all important marketing package... earliest possibility of that would be 2028...
I honestly think all the parks should have a water ride but it is what it is. Will not having a water ride for one or two summer seasons in the busiest park on property cause some headaches for customers? Sure but will it cause a lasting effect I'd wager not really.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
At this point keeping Splash open is depressing. The way it's being left to fall apart and go out as a broken, hollow shell of its former self hurts.

ppete1975

I honestly think all the parks should have a water ride but it is what it is. Will not having a water ride for one or two summer seasons in the busiest park on property cause some headaches for customers? Sure but will it cause a lasting effect I'd wager not really.
magic kingdom has 4 epcot has 3 animal kingdom has 2 studios doesnt have one

splash, jungle cruise, pirates, its a small world, 3 cabs, living with the land, frozen, river rapids, and avatar.

and i feel im missing one

I know thats not what you meant :)

FigmentFan82

I believe the general thought is that when Splash goes down for it's yearly winter maintenance that it will be at that point they start the retheme. No need to fix things that are getting torn out.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Let’s face it: the story, the exterior as seen from the model/recent concept art, and the the name of the retheme is absolutely lazy! I’d rather have Disney just do simple refurbishments on Splash Mountain, because it would be cheaper than changing the theme overall.

Disstevefan1

C175AEA5-6725-4999-A9E9-42BD6F02B728.png

;)

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
magic kingdom has 4 epcot has 3 animal kingdom has 2 studios doesnt have one

splash, jungle cruise, pirates, its a small world, 3 cabs, living with the land, frozen, river rapids, and avatar.

and i feel im missing one

I know thats not what you meant :)
I was referring to Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids, because those are the ones that soak you and soak you good.

And to repeat what I said before this comment got previously deleted:

Can we not predict Splash Mountain closing when Tron opens anymore please? I believe that won’t work in terms of guest attendance and experience, because on warm/hot days at Magic Kingdom in Florida, guests will need a ride to cool off on via water. Closing SM for the retheme for many months will just drive away guests (to Universal's Islands of Adventure, since they have Jurassic Park River Adventure, Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls, and Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges, which are both water rides), because they don’t want to suffer from the Florida heat. Not even fans or water squirters will work. The guests will just complain.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Did Disney acknowledge the ride's 30th at WDW or was nothing done? I'm assuming its the latter, as they sure love to pretend it suddenly doesn't exist after making merchandise featuring characters from it as recently as October 2021. I'm tired of them kicking the can down the road, either rip the damn bandaid off and close it or don't even bother. I'm sick of waiting for Splash to die, just kill it already because watching it decay and rot is agonizing to see. Something as masterfully crafted as it will likely never be made again and judging by reception it seems like if the retheme tanks Disney is done for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom