News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

LittleBuford

Im curious tho. What was wrong with either post? It was 2 people indirectly saying Splash should stay and gave some reasons why…. Whats wrong w that? one being a “big time” celebrity the other being the daughter of someone who basically is at the heart of this retheme…
If this thread were about whether the ride should be rethemed, such posts would be appropriate. But it is instead a thread about the retheme itself. The project is happening, and that's the basis on which discussion is meant to proceed.

I'm not sure if this analogy is helpful, but imagine how irrelevant it would be if multiple posters kept making a case for the preservation/return of Ellen's Energy Adventures in the Cosmic Rewind thread. At a certain point, we have to shift gears and accept the present reality.

LittleBuford

They were right on topic.
Posted more than a year ago:
^^^^This is absolutely correct. This thread is to discuss actual physical changes that might be made - not the reason behind the changes.
Again, I admit to having stepped outside these boundaries on multiple occasions myself. Sometimes, my posts are deleted as a result. But we all know—because we have been told time and again—that we are not supposed to debate the whys and wherefores of the project. I suspect such off-topic (or topic-adjacent) discussion would be tolerated more if it didn't veer off into political debate, but that simply hasn't proved possible in this thread.

disneyfireman

So on a side note out of Anaheim rumour mill. The re theme may be a little longer off than planned. As May not even start at either park untill 24. If that’s the case. There is time to stop it all together. The more time goes by. The more time common sense may enter the fools head that came up with the idea to begin with. This is like the re theme no one ask for or wants.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

So on a side note of of Anaheim rumour mill. The re theme may be a little longer off than planned. As May not even start at either park untill 24. If that’s the case. There is time to stop it all together. The more time goes by. The more time common sense may enter the fools head that came up with the idea to begin with. This is like the re theme no one ask for or wants.
Delays aren't all that surprising, but there is no conceivable way for Disney to cancel the retheme at this stage. The optics of such a move would be beyond terrible for the company.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Delays aren't all that surprising, but there is no conceivable way for Disney to cancel the retheme at this stage. The optics of such a move would be beyond terrible for the company.
And the optics for removing it can be argued by some & many that its just as terrible… figured you were able to voice your opinion. I should be able to voice mine. But im not sure how either of our comments have anything to do with the actual ride beyond a delay?

BuzzedPotatoHead89

So on a side note of of Anaheim rumour mill. The re theme may be a little longer off than planned. As May not even start at either park untill 24. If that’s the case. There is time to stop it all together. The more time goes by. The more time common sense may enter the fools head that came up with the idea to begin with. This is like the re theme no one ask for or wants.
Just out of curiosity where are you hearing this from? Not doubting you per se just seems like an odd choice to start with given the needed work to the surrounding area thematically.

Only reasons I can speculate of why they’d prioritize WDW over DL is: 1) TDO’s desire to dump/replace some of these AAs for more cost efficiency purposes which have less historical connection than the AS originals; 2) TDO feels the need to get a new attraction up soon by late summer/Fall 2024 coinciding with potential soft opening of EU.

erasure fan1

TDO feels the need to get a new attraction up soon by late summer/Fall 2024 coinciding with potential soft opening of EU.
The sad part is this would be right up Disney's alley. Only Disney would be dumb enough and arrogant enough to try and play this re-skin as something to compete with a whole new park. And at this point, it's a good possibility. Because at the pace that Disney does anything, the re-skin is about all they could have ready by the time Epic U opens.

disneyfireman

Just out of curiosity where are you hearing this from? Not doubting you per se just seems like an odd choice to start with given the needed work to the surrounding area thematically.

Only reasons I can speculate of why they’d prioritize WDW over DL is: 1) TDO’s desire to dump/replace some of these AAs for more cost efficiency purposes which have less historical connection than the AS originals; 2) TDO feels the need to get a new attraction up soon by late summer/Fall 2024 coinciding with potential soft opening of EU.
I have an old military friend that works in Burbank. And has so since 1993….So that’s as far as I’ll go…..but make no mistake. There is major pushback to this re theme. It’s not just unpopular with Disney fans. But also white collar people with some power. Amd literally 99% of Disney parks employees. I guess I should have said Burbank. But some people don’t know that’s where Disney is headquartered. So i always say. Anaheim.

Last edited:

Ayla

So on a side note out of Anaheim rumour mill. The re theme may be a little longer off than planned. As May not even start at either park untill 24. If that’s the case. There is time to stop it all together. The more time goes by. The more time common sense may enter the fools head that came up with the idea to begin with. This is like the re theme no one ask for or wants.
The retheme is happening. Accept it and move on.

matt9112

Hopefully delays are to make it a worthwhile attraction. I could definitely see the original proposal maybe being weak or underwhelming and now with time and clarity they are doubling down to make it worth it. I hope they understand they can’t just “over lay” it.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Hopefully delays are to make it a worthwhile attraction. I could definitely see the original proposal maybe being weak or underwhelming and now with time and clarity they are doubling down to make it worth it. I hope they understand they can’t just “over lay” it.
we have been told countless times the original proposal was from years ago... how could that be underwhelming ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Lol. Not this again... someone always pops up eventually "there is still time to cancel".

Disney is not cancelling this. They've released an opening time frame, they will have more details at D23. Move on.

If there are delays, there are delays. But this is coming.
I'm hearing that the impending heat death of the universe might be a cause for them to skip the retheme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom