News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

JoeCamel

Kind of ridiculous they didn't put a limit on purchases for the Splash merch. I think Disney as a whole is trying to consolidate most of their merchandise offerings. I noticed a lot of Disney Parks branded stuff rather then Walt Disney World. Its cheaper to be generic. Why make attraction specific merchandise when Mickey and friends will sell better? I do think there will be grand opening Tiana Merch but I think after a while it'll fade to the generic Disney princesses branding.
Gee, I wonder who was in charge of that change???

Br0ckford

There were also plushies. Lots and lots of plushies.

kz5j0wrhdv951.jpg
My first reaction is how did they let someone leave with that quantity? My 2nd reaction is why would they care cause they got their money. My 3rd reaction is,wouldn't Disney want their cut of the resale? My 4th reaction is, what kind of merch for the retheme?

Edit:5th reaction, those shorts are riding up, how uncomfortable.

LittleBuford

My first reaction is how did they let someone leave with that quantity? My 2nd reaction is why would they care cause they got their money. My 3rd reaction is,wouldn't Disney want their cut of the resale? My 4th reaction is, what kind of merch for the retheme?
I was livid when I first saw this picture. Disney should have a policy in place to prevent this sort of thing (as I believe they already do for more traditionally collectible things like limited-edition pins).

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

Edit:5th reaction, those shorts are riding up, how uncomfortable.
Regardless of the reasoning of selling in bulk, that photo just makes for bad optics…they could’ve put a DCP kid in a room for a few hours and let them list them on eBay…at least under a user name, the optics wouldn’t have been as bad.

Surferboy567

Kinda figured this was going to happen, but blog Mickey is reporting that the Brer’s have been rumored from Boo to You.

I’m upset to see the characters go, it was kinda expected though once they started removing every trace of splash.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Once Splash Mountain officially closes, the Brers will probably never be seen in the U.S. Disney parks again.
Oh, there will be some picture somewhere... a B'rer character in the background of a collage or a Splash Mountin pin on some trading board, or an old BGM loop in some bathroom playing Zippity.

We'll be forever haunted.

OrlandoRising

I think the lesson here is that its perfectly fine to opine.

But to try and pass off opinion as some kind of expert truth is what can bite you.

Also, to never admit failure is not a good look.

An essential part of journalism is making prompt and transparent corrections when you report something inaccurate, because at some point you will. Covering up or ignoring your mistakes is a strong indicator you weren't credible in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

There were also plushies. Lots and lots of plushies.

kz5j0wrhdv951.jpg
The fact Disney allowed people like these two fine individuals to mass-buy merchandise so actual fans of these characters couldn't scoop them up is infuriating. No, I don't care if you think what Disney is doing is "woke", I just want to cherish and appreciate the Br'ers while they're still in the American consciousness.
I was livid when I first saw this picture. Disney should have a policy in place to prevent this sort of thing (as I believe they already do for more traditionally collectible things like limited-edition pins).
When I went in September of last year, there was a limit of two-per-person for the limited pins, was able to scoop up a Make Mine Music pin with Willie the Whale on it. Granted, people were probably able to easily circumvent this but who knows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom