News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

LittleBuford

Because Oscars management knew Zip-a-dee-doo-dah had won the Oscar and because the movie was one of the most financially successful, it put pressure to award Baskett.
Baskett was allowed to speak very briefly, but no actual speech. It was essentially a few sentences.
Do you have any evidence at all for these claims?

You'll note that most of the Oscar speeches from that evening were kept saved for historical purposes and reuse.
This isn’t true. The official Academy Awards database has records of only twelve of the speeches given that night.

Also, if you're ever curious where the the insiders went... when you make a claim about something in which you have a long track record of demonstrated expertise and you're casually called under the influence of "modern political demagoguery," why would one keep explaining things?
I love that I’m getting the blame for your not backing up your unsubstantiated assertions!

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The true insiders on here don’t make up some random percentage of how accurate they are without having any back up. They don’t need to continually remind people that they are an insider and then continually pat themselves on the back. Oh and let’s not forget the fact that you randomly post things that others already have posted or have been proven wrong on many things. But hey, you are the insider with like 87.674% accuracy.
Nor do true insiders try to monetize their insider information at various social media sites.

LittleBuford

I’m in no position to question anyone’s status as an insider. For all I know, he really does have access to some legitimate sources. But these recent posts have been revealing, because they confirm the disconnect between the claims’ authoritative tone and their reliability. The clincher for me was the statement “You'll note that most of the Oscar speeches from that evening were kept saved for historical purposes and reuse.” Unlike the other statements, which may have been based on real but little-known information (though I doubted it), this one was pretty easy to fact check, and it turned out to be false.

We all get things wrong sometimes, including insiders. But if you present hunches or assumptions as hard facts that turn out not to be true, you inevitably undermine your credibility.

Last edited:

Prince-1

After the Frozen 2 debacle, I started questioning but still believed.

Now this.... Oof, I guess he's down to 79%, and I'm shook.

But let's not forget:

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
-Wayne Gretzky

-Michael Scott

I think the decimal place in your 79% is in the wrong place. But also let's not forget:

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Disney Analyst

dare i ask to be reminded about the frozen 2 debacle because im drawing a blank or just sent a quick link lol

Basically, and I forgot it was that user, but said insider on a Frozen thread kept going on about how Frozen 2 was going to be a complete failure, and then how it was a complete failure… meanwhile it kept grossing higher and higher, and was an obvious and undeniable success.

Dear Prudence

The pressure was put on Baskett's win because people close to him, including Walt Disney, knew he was dying. Walt worried if the Oscar had been competitive, he might not get it. Walt also won multiple honorary Oscars, which are still considered Oscars. Baskett did several films, and 10000% deserved an Oscar. The next win for a Black actor wouldn't be until decades later, and Sidney had to come from all the way from the back of the theatre.

Again, this has nothing to do with the new version of the ride, other than people using Black pain and death as a whataboutism to "win" internet arguments.

WDW Pro

The true insiders on here don’t make up some random percentage of how accurate they are without having any back up. They don’t need to continually remind people that they are an insider and then continually pat themselves on the back. Oh and let’s not forget the fact that you randomly post things that others already have posted or have been proven wrong on many things.

But hey, you are the insider with something like 87.674% accuracy. ;)

Actually, that number came from a publicly-posted audit. If you want to scroll through my post history hard enough, it's in there shared on this site.

As for "true insiders" and foul artic fowl, all I can tell you is that I'm in direct contact with the daughter of a Song of the South actor as she works to preserve her father's legacy. But you all are the experts. Have fun, I'll be back in another month or two.

Dear Prudence

Do you have a source for this? I’m not challenging you; I’m genuinely interested in reading an authoritative account of what happened.
Unfortunately, many of the sources are books, and I would take the Korkis book with a grain of salt, because he has no citations and shows too much of a bias. He does mention that Walt Disney paid for Baskett's funeral and remained friends with his widow for the rest of their lives. I believe it may also be on the AFI page, and was mentioned by Nick Stewart in the TV legacies interviews which are on YouTube.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom