News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Kirby86

Okay don’t mind me being off topic but… the biggest travesty for pirates is how they brought it to MK in the first place. A park with ample room, and they create an abbreviated version?

That was my biggest disappointment when I finally visited WDW, how much they bungled Pirates.
Wasn't that because they needed a quick and dirty version because everyone was going "where's pirates?"

LittleBuford

They'd be blissfully ignorant about the changes made to the Imagination pavilion too. So what?

Pirates is a significantly worse ride than it used to be.
Journey Into Imagination is now a poor ride, as demonstrated by the fact that it's basically a walk-on. Pirates remains a headliner for a reason, notwithstanding the claims often made here that it's gone to pot.

UNCgolf

Long story short, in another thread where the majority of the conversation is now deleted, some folks were upset/triggered/annoyed/shocked when I said that Los Angeles and Orlando are incomparable cities. Folks used that to call back to the notion that Californians think they’re better, and I got called an “elitist,” despite the fact that I said nothing bad about Orlando or any of the 49 other states. So, I changed my name to the thing folks in that thread saw me as and wanted me to be.🤷🏾‍♀️

It’s personally funny to me, but I will probably change my name back at some point.😁

It's hilarious that anyone would think Orlando and Los Angeles are comparable. Orlando's comparable to places like Indianapolis and Cincinnati, not Los Angeles and New York.

And that's not intended as a slight to Orlando; it's just the truth.

Last edited:

tanc

Sunday, September 11
At 10:30 a.m., join Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D'Amaro for a look at Disney’s boundless future. With announcements and updates on the magic happening around the world in parks, on the high seas, at home, and beyond, attendees will get a behind-the-scenes look at the big dreams of Disney Imagineers. Every Disney fan will want to be a part of this special presentation full of exciting news and surprises.

Will we actually get a closing date and new concept art? Hard to believe we are 2 years out on a project and are left with just a name and 1 or 2 pages of concept art. The video told us about the salt mines but WDW pro's post about how this project is going is something I am wondering about. Not that they are a completely correct in the past, but back in 2020 a lot of the "speculation/leaks" were correct to a degree.

matt9112

Epic changes the equation. Disney doesn’t have to respond to Epic right now. They’re still finishing the projects that were announced as a result of Potter. My assumption is they will be done with new projects for the next few years, and then my hope is they respond with new projects once Epic is operating. At the end of the day, commendable as it is that Uni is building an all new park, WDW shouldn’t build a new theme park. They have too many theme parks, if anything. They need to continue to expand the parks they have.

Shame since disney legitimately needs to increase capacity immensely.

yensidtlaw1969

They'd be blissfully ignorant about the changes made to the Imagination pavilion too. So what?

Pirates is a significantly worse ride than it used to be.
That's true - but it's worth remembering that Pirates is still a substantial and high-quality attraction, even in its truncated and edited WDW form. Unlike the current version of Imagination, which has never been good even without any comparison to the brilliant original.

The Disneyland Pirates is of course significantly better, but WDW's version is no slouch. WDW's Pirates still sits up in the pantheon of Disney attractions, even if the original sits higher.

Californian Elitist

I went to MK for the first time in May. Pirates is my favorite ride ever (the original). MK’s Pirates was the second biggest disappointment of my visit, in terms of rides and attractions, right after small world. Even though I knew what to expect, I was not pleased at all.

It should be interesting to see any differences between Tiana’s Bayou Bash between DL and MK.

LittleBuford

I went to MK for the first time in May. Pirates is my favorite ride ever (the original). MK’s Pirates was the second biggest disappointment of my visit, in terms of rides and attractions, right after small world. Even though I knew what to expect, I was not pleased at all.

It should be interesting to see any differences between Tiana’s Bayou Bash between DL and MK.
There’s no pleasing you West Coast elitists!

Walt Disney1955

I guess Splash is officially gone by the end of 2022 is it? Or 2023? I still think it is a shame that Disney is doing this. What a disaster this is. Not just because of the precedent (they likely waited for the right time to act like Splash was a racist ride but it was happening for a long time) of getting rid of one of the top tier rides in the entire park, but acting as if you can make it better. When was the last time Disney actually used their creativity?

So even though I am sad to see Splash go, and disappointed, I am wondering when is the last date for it?

celluloid

I guess Splash is officially gone by the end of 2022 is it? Or 2023? I still think it is a shame that Disney is doing this. What a disaster this is. Not just because of the precedent (they likely waited for the right time to act like Splash was a racist ride but it was happening for a long time) of getting rid of one of the top tier rides in the entire park, but acting as if you can make it better. When was the last time Disney actually used their creativity?

So even though I am sad to see Splash go, and disappointed, I am wondering when is the last date for it?

Delayed again. Disney is not yet willing to commit to a date for it.

Joesixtoe

That's true - but it's worth remembering that Pirates is still a substantial and high-quality attraction, even in its truncated and edited WDW form. Unlike the current version of Imagination, which has never been good even without any comparison to the brilliant original.

The Disneyland Pirates is of course significantly better, but WDW's version is no slouch. WDW's Pirates still sits up in the pantheon of Disney attractions, even if the original sits higher.
I heard the queue is a lot better at MK. To me I think that should add some points to MKs version.

Goofy Ninja

The aim is to replace Splash Mountain's current theme; placing the attraction elsewhere would defeat the object. I daresay they wouldn't even be creating a Tiana ride at the present moment if not for the existence of a SotS-themed ride they want to get rid of.

That's true, they wouldn't be doing an attraction. Unless they just wanted to make a cheap show, to replace Frozen or Beauty and the Beast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom