News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

yensidtlaw1969

I’ve been to Louisiana many times and never visited a salt mine or knew that they were a thing in the New Orleans area.

I’ve also never sailed into a cave that transported me to a Carribean town where they auction off chickens but that never bothered me.

Disney needs to stop worrying about historical accuracy and continuity and just create a good story!

“Tiana’s Splash Mountain” could have been a pretty simple retheme keeling many of the show scenes pretty much intact and adding a few characters from the film. This could have gone the Gran Fiesta route instead of the Maelstrom route in my opinion.
You're speaking as if the ride has been revealed to us. As if historical accuracy couldn't possibly contribute positively to this attraction. As if we even know the extent to which the attraction will be physically overhauled.

Lot of people in this thread assuming too much and getting themselves in a twist over it.

LittleBuford

You're speaking as if the ride has been revealed to us. As if historical accuracy couldn't possibly contribute positively to this attraction. As if we even know the extent to which the attraction will be physically overhauled.

Lot of people in this thread assuming too much and getting themselves in a twist over it.
Guilty as charged. Back I go to patiently (and optimistically) awaiting the outcome!

GimpYancIent

I'm sure we will see Mama Odie. Perhaps she will have something to do with how we end up on top of a waterfall/mountain.
Or things can be taken a step further and have adjoining the ride an actual Cajun cuisine (properly Louisiana themed/decor) restaurant named "Mama Odie's". It could even have its own line of merchandise.

rreading

I'm still wish this were only happening on the West Coast, but I still would hope that they can do a great job with it...and then I look at what's happened to Pirates.

Maybe it's going to be great. And maybe they'll camouflage how out of place it will be. But seems pretty 50/50 to me as to whether we're going to be happy with it at WDW

Smiley/OCD

I'm still wish this were only happening on the West Coast, but I still would hope that they can do a great job with it...and then I look at what's happened to Pirates.

Maybe it's going to be great. And maybe they'll camouflage how out of place it will be. But seems pretty 50/50 to me as to whether we're going to be happy with it at WDW
I agree…like EVERYTHING else Disney in circa 2022, the best way to look at it is to hope for the best and expect the worst…

LittleBuford

Pirates is still a great ride. First-time visitors unaware of the changes made to it are very unlikely to come away with the dire impression that seems to prevail in this forum.

Smiley/OCD

Pirates is still a great ride. First-time visitors unaware of the changes made to it are very unlikely to come away with the dire impression that seems to prevail in this forum.
Isn’t that fairly obvious on every thread on this whole website? We’re all super fans, discussing and, in many cases, arguing about the most trivial things from printing fonts to paint colors to wait times that are off by 15 minutes on the sign to arguing where the best spots are to see the fireworks…we’re the only ones with vested interest in these mundane trivial things…the same majority of first of second time guests that aren’t going to care about the official name of this ride are the same majority of guests that didn’t have a problem with Splash Mountain or if a few animatronics aren’t working up to our standards

LittleBuford

Isn’t that fairly obvious on every thread on this whole website? We’re all super fans, discussing and, in many cases, arguing about the most trivial things from printing fonts to paint colors to wait times that are off by 15 minutes on the sign to arguing where the best spots are to see the fireworks…we’re the only ones with vested interest in these mundane trivial things…the same majority of first of second time guests that aren’t going to care about the official name of this ride are the same majority of guests that didn’t have a problem with Splash Mountain or if a few animatronics aren’t working up to our standards
I feel that people in this forum have a tendency to get themselves worked up into a kind of hypercritical frenzy, cornering themselves into wildly hyperbolic characterisations that go well beyond what is tenable. To read some of what's been written here about Pirates, you'd think the ride had become an unrecognisable shell of its former self, whereas, in truth, it's largely the same experience with a couple of modified scenes. Another case in point: calling "Tiana's Bayou Adventure" an absolutely terrible name when it is, at worst, a bit bland and uninspired.

LittleBuford

It's not too late Disney you can change your mind. You can put this somewhere else. YOU CAN PUT THIS SOMEWHERE ELSE!
The aim is to replace Splash Mountain's current theme; placing the attraction elsewhere would defeat the object. I daresay they wouldn't even be creating a Tiana ride at the present moment if not for the existence of a SotS-themed ride they want to get rid of.

Kirby86

I feel that people in this forum have a tendency to get themselves worked up into a kind of hypercritical frenzy, cornering themselves into wildly hyperbolic characterisations that go well beyond what is tenable. To read some of what's been written here about Pirates, you'd think the ride had become an unrecognisable shell of its former self, whereas, in truth, it's largely the same experience with a couple of modified scenes. Another case in point: calling "Tiana's Bayou Adventure" an absolutely terrible name when it is, at worst, a bit bland and uninspired.
Removing the Wench auction in the grand scheme of things changed very little of the ride. Personally I always thought adding Jack Sparrow to the ride was an odd choice. I know the movies at the time were extremely popular but he sort of just felt like he was plucked from a diffrent pirates ride and pasted in the one we have.

Smiley/OCD

As long as you don’t consider yourself above criticism, like me, than I don’t have a problem…

Kirby86

They can’t though.. it doesn’t make any sense to have two log flume rides in the park, yes they could build a separate PATF attraction, but they won’t. What’s done is done, see you down the bayou in 2024
They are going to change the ride but I'm not sure why there can't be two log flumes. Universal has Jurrassic Park and Dudly Do Right in islands of adventure. Would it be smarter to have it in another park? Sure but if they went up to Chapek and said we want a new log flume based on DuckTales and he said yes nothing is stopping you from putting it in Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom