News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Joel

In Disneyland, to help it fit in with Tiana's Bayou Adventures, "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" is being renamed to "Winnie's Many Adventures."

Because if 8 syllables is too long, 11 is right out.
Tokyo really nailed it with Pooh's Hunny Hunt. People always talk about the robots, but the Japanese are so far ahead of everyone else in name-shortening technology that it's unreal.

I really didn't expect them to announce that the ride would open in the later part of 2024 at Disneyland. At Magic Kingdom, it makes sense because the weather in Florida is always nice, but Splash Mountain always closes during the winter months at Disneyland. I'm guessing that Tiana's Bayou Adventure might include machines that dry a person's entire body like the ones for the Jurrasic Park ride at Universal Orlando. Their goal to open the ride by late 2024 might also have to do with the fact that it will be around the time of the film's 15th anniversary and to make it a celebratory event.

BrianLo

Huh?

You got a scoop here? What “projects”??

Bobs still looking for nickels to pay for the Mary Go Round a Poppins

I mean if anything is happening for those years we pretty much will know by D23. The projects they cancelled could still be completed by that time frame. As opposed to them totally having a clean slate with absolutely nothing they could panic add.

Mary poppins is another I guess. Not saying it will or is even likely, just that they could. They did put years of planning into these things. Either they choose to do nothing or that’s as exciting of things that would be possible on that timeframe.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why not Just ¨Bayou Falls¨or ¨Bayou Mountain.¨

I get they want to distance themselves from Splash, fine, but good god this name is weak.

At least for ¨Remy's Ratatouille Adventure¨ everyone just calls it ¨Ratatouille,¨ ¨Remy,¨ or ¨Rat.¨

Cosmic Rewind is a great name, so what was the thinking here? I guess there wasn't any. :D
Is the problem the name of the main character of the ride's story being in the title of the ride? That will surely upset Mr. Toad, and Alice, and Mr. Lincoln, and Casey Jr., and Davy Crockett, and Goofy, and Mickey and Minnie, and King Arthur, and Prince Charming, and Mark Twain, and Mike Fink, and Peter Pan, and Roger Rabbit, and Snow White, and Tarzan.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
Is the problem the name of the main character of the ride's story being in the title of the ride? That will surely upset Mr. Toad, and Alice, and Mr. Lincoln, and Casey Jr., and Davy Crockett, and Goofy, and Mickey and Minnie, and King Arthur, and Prince Charming, and Mark Twain, and Mike Fink, and Peter Pan, and Roger Rabbit, and Snow White, and Tarzan.
Mr. Penguin, judging from your many comments here, you seem to be a relatively strong proponent of this makeover, but this question is for anyone with a positive outlook on this:

Do you really believe that Disney is going to knock this out of the park or do you think we're likely getting a screen-laden overlay with three new animatronics, a dozen animatronics removed, a semi-incoherent plot, and very little thrill factor (aside from the drop itself, which will probably make no sense in the context of the story.).

I'm asking because I would like to ride a good attraction, whether it replaces a classic or not. I'd rather they not replace Splash Mountain, but whatever. However, I fear that everything I said in the second half of this comment is going to be true. And that would not be an attraction worth riding, waiting in line for, or even getting excited for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom