News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I don’t think there was even a woke mob, I think it was just Disney internally looking at potential problem areas, I can’t recall any woke mob calling for Splash to be removed. I think the diversity department made a list of potential problem areas and Chapek saw an opportunity on the list to build a “new e-ticket ride” without having to pay for a new e-ticket ride.
Really?!? You must not be on twitter when everyone felt they had to pile on lol or just chose to ignore the fake outrage which was wise. Now i do agree w them being cheap & finding a way to rid themselves of a heavy AA ride

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Anyone who had a problem should not be allowed to ride Splash Mountain until it’s retheme is complete. You wanna complain about a rides theme, you aren’t allowed to ride. 😂

They really should keep the name Splash Mountain. im still going to call it that. I’m sure many others will too. Who’s actually going to say, “Let’s go ride Tiana’s Adventure!” It will always be Splash Mountain.

Secondly, what the heck is with Tiana’s outfit? How stupid. Doesn’t fit with the story or character or anything.
Do you really need to ask why she is wearing what she is wearing?!? Have you not been paying attention ;) lol

LittleBuford

Then Disney shouldn't be touting how "authentic" they are making it to the 1920's.
Her clothes look appropriate enough to me.

M-Dafoe_May.jpg

Kirby86

Honestly, I would wager half the people on this forum will never set foot in a universal park and Disney's audience is probably about those same numbers. I know I am getting an AP when it opens and taking at least a year off of Disney but I feel like I'm in the minority.
I'm probably going to take a year or two for Universal once epic universe opens as well.

Disney Analyst

This is how they'll compete with Epic Universe? My goodness. Close down one of your most beloved rides for years to change into something very few want instead of giving Tiana her own attraction.

I'm starting to wonder if WDW attendance is about to have a 3+ year long collapse. They have removed so much from the guest experience and are so incredibly out of touch with guests.

It's starting to feel like a shell of it's former self. With inflation, etc WDW in it's current awful state is really going to struggle.

Genuine question.

Why does Disney need to respond in some big way to EU ASAP? UO is still playing catch up to Disney.

WDW has opened New Fantasyland, Galaxy’s Edge, Pandora, and many new attractions.

I genuinely don’t understand this line of thought?

bhg469

Genuine question.

Why does Disney need to respond in some big way to EU ASAP? UO is still playing catch up to Disney.

WDW has opened New Fantasyland, Galaxy’s Edge, Pandora, and many new attractions.

I genuinely don’t understand this line of thought?
All reactions to Potter. And it moved Universals needle. An entire park with several huge IPs is a big threat IMO.. But again there are people that won't go there no matter what, citing reasons.. you're probably right though. Disney doesn't want APs so this is a good way to get rid of them.

Disney Analyst

Far from it. There's so many new attractions for Universal all around the world it's ridiculous.

Of course not all of them are good, but that also applies to Disney.

If you look at attendance numbers, size of property, length of stay, UO is still playing catch up. And let’s not bring up USH, which is no where near Disneyland’s numbers.

Fact of the matter, UO is trying to get longer guest visits, less guests leaving to go to Disney. Will it pull some guests away from Disney? Quite possibly. Will it be enough to make a big dent?

Time will tell.

Californian Elitist

Her clothes look appropriate enough to me.

M-Dafoe_May.jpg

Those look like pants to me.🧐

Disney Analyst

New Fantasyland opened 10 years ago. It's not "new" anymore.

I mean, I’m just calling it by it’s name 😂 my point is, Disney has been making changes.

And we all know a 5th gate is not happening anytime soon.

I don’t think they are too worried about EU, if anything it will bring more tourist to the region, which will help everyone.

bhg469

I mean, I’m just calling it by it’s name 😂 my point is, Disney has been making changes.

And we all know a 5th gate is not happening anytime soon.

I don’t think they are too worried about EU, if anything it will bring more tourist to the region, which will help everyone.
A 5th gate better not happen!! They've got a ton of work to do on 3 parks.

Vegas Disney Fan

Honestly, I would wager half the people on this forum will never set foot in a universal park and Disney's audience is probably about those same numbers. I know I am getting an AP when it opens and taking at least a year off of Disney but I feel like I'm in the minority.

Probably true but I suspect that number is decreasing every year as Disney stays dormant while Universal is building like crazy. I’ve been to WDW about a dozen times and never been to Universal Florida because I didn’t want to sacrifice “Disney time”, we will be spending 2 days there on our next trip in January. I’ve been to Universal Hollywood a few times so I didn’t feel I was missing out on a lot but with Hagrids motorbike, Gringots, and now Velocicoaster there’s too much I want to do to avoid it anymore. Meanwhile I’ve been on everything at WDW often enough 1 day at each park is plenty.

Really?!? You must not be on twitter when everyone felt they had to pile on lol or just chose to ignore the fake outrage which was wise. Now i do agree w them being cheap & finding a way to rid themselves of a heavy AA ride

I avoid Twitter and the other social media sites like the plague so you are correct, I can say whatever outrage there was never managed to make the mainstream news or Disney sites because I never heard it.

bhg469

Probably true but I suspect that number is decreasing every year as Disney stays dormant while Universal is building like crazy. I’ve been to WDW about a dozen times and never been to Universal Florida because I didn’t want to sacrifice “Disney time”, we will be spending 2 days there on our next trip in January. I’ve been to Universal Hollywood a few times so I didn’t feel I was missing out on a lot but with Hagrids motorbike, Gringots, and now Velocicoaster there’s too much I want to do to avoid it anymore. Meanwhile I’ve been on everything at WDW often enough 1 day at each park is plenty.

I avoid Twitter and the other social media sites like the plague so you are correct, I can say whatever outrage there was never managed to make the mainstream news or Disney sites because I never heard it.
You're in for a treat!! Hagrids is currently my favorite ride in Orlando. The parks are in great shape and only getting better. Enjoy yourself!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom