News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Animaniac93-98

I think TSI is similar to the treehouse in that replacing it is probably more of a headache that it's worth without massively reworking the entire area. Unless you just mean an overlay like they did at Disneyland, they'd have to either get rid of or severely alter the Rivers of America to do anything meaningful with that space.

I feel like a lot of MK is grandfathered in at this point for similar reasons and that's why we still have the Speedway, Peoplemover, Carousel of Progress, Country Bears etc. I mean we still have the Birthdayland tents because they serve some operational purpose.

It was wrong to replace Snow White with Fairy Tale Hall, but they didn't have to alter the building's size or surrounding area to make it happen.

yensidtlaw1969

The island is really not very large nor is it usable for an attraction (at least not without demolishing Rivers of America).
It seems to me that their take is to do away with the River entirely - which I hope isn't anywhere near Disney's interests.

People don't seem to realize that our only chance at ever getting attractions like that again is actually just to not destroy the ones we already have. The Rivers of America, Tom Sawyer Island, the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, Disneyland's Submarine Voyage . . . Disney has no interest in building things like that anymore.

Current Disney almost never builds projects that encourage guests to slow down and take things in. That's time those guests could be pouring out cash in a gift shop or a restaurant. They'd rather zip you through the big, shiny, new attraction and then send you right back out to the next place you can open your wallet.

We should know better than to wish away the quiet, contemplative attractions we still have.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Why are we suggesting the removal of actually good attractions like Jungle Cruise, Swiss Family Treehouse and Tom Sawyer Island, but not the Speedway? 🤨
Speedway i think is great for kids.. they feel like they are driving their own car .. great thrill imo but they need to be updated... How they have not been able to get an EV sponsor (tesla?) is baffling

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I think TSI is similar to the treehouse in that replacing it is probably more of a headache that it's worth without massively reworking the entire area. Unless you just mean an overlay like they did at Disneyland, they'd have to either get rid of or severely alter the Rivers of America to do anything meaningful with that space.

I think the allure of doing anything with TSI is that that area is the most logical way to expand the footprint of Magic Kingdom by any significant amount. While not much could be built where TSI is currently, to the north of there is a pretty big pad that could be used for a rather larger new land... certainly large enough for something with a Phase I and Phase II. But the only logical way to get back there is by axing TSI and Rivers of America (Otherwise, you have Thunder Mountain and/or Haunted Mansion in your way). I do like the idea of parking the River Boat near Splash Mountain to tie in with Princess and the Frog, but I think the loss of the kinetic movement of the riverboats would be a significant loss.

J4546

they could rework the rivers of america and que for haunted mansion and build a pathway between the 2 to get to that massive peice of land north of HM and its a small world. They also have expansion pad behind Pirates (where they were gonna build the cancelled fire mountain land)

EPCOT-O.G.

I think the allure of doing anything with TSI is that that area is the most logical way to expand the footprint of Magic Kingdom by any significant amount. While not much could be built where TSI is currently, to the north of there is a pretty big pad that could be used for a rather larger new land... certainly large enough for something with a Phase I and Phase II. But the only logical way to get back there is by axing TSI and Rivers of America (Otherwise, you have Thunder Mountain and/or Haunted Mansion in your way). I do like the idea of parking the River Boat near Splash Mountain to tie in with Princess and the Frog, but I think the loss of the kinetic movement of the riverboats would be a significant loss.
I am not sure how much could be done that would increase capacity. Say they used it to build a new E ticket. How could you move that many people on and off the island without a land bridge of some sort? I guess you could do something similar to where the BTMRR ride in Disneyland Paris starts off-island, but it seems that there are large, logistical headaches to fully utilize this space.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I am not sure how much could be done that would increase capacity. Say they used it to build a new E ticket. How could you move that many people on and off the island without a land bridge of some sort? I guess you could do something similar to where the BTMRR ride in Disneyland Paris starts off-island, but it seems that there are large, logistical headaches to fully utilize this space.

I don't think you can access that pad without a major change to Rivers of America and/or TSI. In the most extreme form, you completely fill in the river. In the least extreme form, maybe there is enough room on the Thunder mountain side to create a path back these with minimal modification to the Thunder Mountain rockwork and minimal encroachment into the current river pathway (it would likely also be possible to rework the Haunted Mansion queue to access that areas from the Haunted Mansion side as well).

michmousefan

So you’re the person who thinks the Swiss Family Treehouse is a good attraction.
As a *total* Swiss Family Treehouse apologist, I am hopeful that the announced in-development D+ series from Ronald D. Moore stays on track...
IMG_3578.jpg

J4546

if they reworked the rivers of america and relocated the HM que they could get access to a large quadrant of land for expansion. That where PatF land should go imo, you could make a small new orleans square area with ride, food, shops, waterfront area and railroad station

Attachments

• roe.jpg
    roe.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 66

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
if they reworked the rivers of america and relocated the HM que they could get access to a large quadrant of land for expansion. That where PatF land should go imo, you could make a small new orleans square area with ride, food, shops, waterfront area and railroad station
Better yet, move It's a Small World to EPCOT with a much, much better puppetry, better world representation, better scenery (no more obvious acoustical tiles), and a better orchestration of the song, and make it longer.

Then, you have that space to access all that unused land to the NW.

But, MK doesn't need expansion until the other three parks are better filled out with rides.

RSoxNo1

It seems to me that their take is to do away with the River entirely - which I hope isn't anywhere near Disney's interests.

People don't seem to realize that our only chance at ever getting attractions like that again is actually just to not destroy the ones we already have. The Rivers of America, Tom Sawyer Island, the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, Disneyland's Submarine Voyage . . . Disney has no interest in building things like that anymore.

Current Disney almost never builds projects that encourage guests to slow down and take things in. That's time those guests could be pouring out cash in a gift shop or a restaurant. They'd rather zip you through the big, shiny, new attraction and then send you right back out to the next place you can open your wallet.

We should know better than to wish away the quiet, contemplative attractions we still have.
That's what I would do. I would permanently dock the river boat and turn it into a restaurant or a music venue. This would open up a ridiculous amount of space.

Jrb1979

Not when there are those who are against the change. Giving teasers is just a chance for rioters to grab their pitchforks and torches and for another whole round of Cringegate on YouTube.

Better to just show a nearly finished product than to give people the idea they can affect changes if they post enough words on the Internet.
That could be said for every new attraction that they build. Don't say anything til it gets closer to opening. It saves people from disappointment when things get cut.

puckett26

Better yet, move It's a Small World to EPCOT with a much, much better puppetry, better world representation, better scenery (no more obvious acoustical tiles), and a better orchestration of the song, and make it longer.

Then, you have that space to access all that unused land to the NW.

But, MK doesn't need expansion until the other three parks are better filled out with rides.
Like the idea.

Since you brought up moving rides to EPCOT and the park is "evolving" (losing its core identity), I would really like to see one of the new districts (or future expansion) be dedicated to "lost" Disney. Bring back a few historical rides/pavilions that were crowd favorites and try to develop a cohesive theme in some manner. My vote would be for Wonders of Life Pavilion, Horizons, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Alien Encounter. World Celebration would have been a great name for this area. Oh well.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

Not sure if you're trolling with that idea or not (as I have seen others post it before), but I've always genuinely loved the thought of removing Small World from MK and adding a newer/better version of the ride at EPCOT as a thesis ride to encompass all of World Showcase... just makes so much sense IMHO...

James Alucobond

Not sure if you're trolling with that idea or not (as I have seen others post it before), but I've always genuinely loved the thought of removing Small World from MK and adding a newer/better version of the ride at EPCOT as a thesis ride to encompass all of World Showcase... just makes so much sense IMHO...
It's a common suggestion, so I doubt it's intended as trolling. Additionally, opening Small World up to being sensibly used as a musical leitmotif for the World Showcase lagoon nighttime show would be nice since it would fulfill their requirement of being something of a "known" Disney song while also actually connecting to both the history of the parks and the message of the Showcase. The move would also be an ideal time to give Rapunzel more than bathrooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom