News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Looking forward to Mardi Gras week Lightning Lane surge pricing!

Are you ready?
(Are you ready?)
Are you ready?
Transformation central!
(Transformation central!)
Reformation central!
(Reformation central!)
Transmogrification central!
Can you feel it?
You're changin', You're changin', You're changin', all right!
I hope you're satisfied
But if you ain't
Don't blame me!
You can blame my friends on the other side!
(You got what you wanted)
(But you lost what you had)

91JLovesDisney

"We recently gathered at Dooky Chase’s Restaurant in New Orleans — founder Leah Chase was one of the inspirations for Princess Tiana — to talk about Tiana’s impact over the past decade and the creative process behind the upcoming attraction, including the next-level technology Imagineers are employing to bring it to life. Generations of the Chase family welcomed us while Chef Dook cooked up some of their famous gumbo. We sat down with Leah’s daughter, Stella Chase Reese who shared that “The two coming together, music and food, brings joy and happiness to all” and isn’t that the truth?"

Artist rendering of “The Princess and the Frog”-themed updates coming to Splash Mountains at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts

Original art by “The Princess and the Frog” director John Musker, courtesy of Dooky Chase’s Restaurant

Art piece by Sharika Mahdi

Looks like we've downgraded from logs to manual rowboats 🤣

Stupido

I mean, I’m still very excited for this. I love that Disney has learned from the main criticism of the film, and has committed to showing Tiana and Naveen in their human forms, with new outfits on too! And Louis is always a delight, so I’m happy to see him right front and center with them. Everyone crying about screens, they’re literally showing three completely new animatronics in the concept art. While I’m sure there will be a screen or two, I highly doubt they’re going to rely on them. All in all this is great addition, and I can’t wait to see it in its full glory.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
There's a story in today's New Orleans newspaper that winks, nods, and all but confirms intentions for food changes specifically for DL where it makes sense.

“I’ll also say this, especially at our Disneyland location, and especially in New Orleans Square, we have an opportunity to tell an extended story beyond the attraction, and I have a feeling Leah Chase’s family, and Stella and Dooky Chase’s — they might have a little role in that, but that’s all I can say now.” (Charita Carter quote)

Gumbo z'herbes for everyone! (not really for Disney, but try it Easter weekend if in New Orleans)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Rename the characters. Replace Brer Rabbit with Bugs Bunny, and Brer Fox and Brer Bear with Wile E Coyote and Elmer Fudd (as an example). There’s no faux-outrage at Splash Mt being “offensive” or “racist” (because it isn’t) with those names. The only reason people are upset is because this has very loose ties (names and animal characters) to SotS. Otherwise it’s a story of someone (a rabbit) wanting to leave home because he thinks the grass is greener on the other side and finds that isn’t always the case. If you can’t separate that from SotS, and that grass-is-greener story is considered offensive and racist, then you’re simply looking for something to be offended about.

Surferboy567

Oh you mean like all the animatronics on WEB Slingers they showed in the concept art?View attachment 581819View attachment 581818
I have made my opinions on this matter very clear, however in the video they specifically state they are very advanced AA’s and not screens.

EDIT: As I have said many many times, since this is going to happen I guess we have to make the most of it. I really don’t want Splash to go though.

DCLcruiser

Rename the characters. Replace Brer Rabbit with Bugs Bunny, and Brer Fox and Brer Bear with Wile E Coyote and Elmer Fudd (as an example). There’s no faux-outrage at Splash Mt being “offensive” or “racist” (because it isn’t) with those names. The only reason people are upset is because this has very loose ties (names and animal characters) to SotS. Otherwise it’s a story of someone (a rabbit) wanting to leave home because he thinks the grass is greener on the other side and finds that isn’t always the case. If you can’t separate that from SotS, and that grass-is-greener story is considered offensive and racist, then you’re simply looking for something to be offended about.
They all come from SotS. While we can mentally separate the two, the reality is, they are intertwined. I personally road Splash without knowing about SotS... often thinking, who are these characters? But, that doesn't mean the total package isn't offensive enough to update it.

The splash at the end will still be there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom