News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

SplashJacket

How many of your top 10 Disney attractions are from the last decade?
I realize this is rhetorical, but I like to hear myself talk.
  1. Rise of the Resistance
  2. Shanghai PotC
  3. Radiator Springs Racers
  4. The Great Movie Ride
  5. Kilimanjaro Safari
  6. Indiana Jones Adventure
  7. Mystic Manor
  8. Splash Mountain
  9. Flight of Passage
  10. Paris Space Mountain
50% ain't bad.

There are many issues with the retheme, but a lack of potential is not one of them. Both WDI and PatF can combine to make something incredible, or they can make another Frozen. The ball is in their court, I hope it's the former.

Kirby86

Yeah this "update" isn't really an update she added some fluff but all she really did was reword the press release. Do you really expect her to say yeah guys we got nothing please be excited,Tiana is on her way...eventually.

Kate F

2. Shanghai PotC
  4. The Great Movie Ride
  5. Kilimanjaro Safari
  7. Mystic Manor
  8. Splash Mountain
  9. Flight of Passage
  10. Paris Space Mountain
50% ain't bad.

There are many issues with the retheme, but a lack of potential is not one of them. Both WDI and PatF can combine to make something incredible, or they can make another Frozen. The ball is in their court, I hope it's the former.
Like I said, it’s the principle of it that angers me. I don’t care how well done it is, that’s not the point.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
top_men_indiana_jones.gif

GoodnaturedScarceCowbird-max-1mb.gif

tanc

I really hope Tokyo has exclusivity with Splash for a long time, like a decade. We all know Disney won't pay the retheme anytime and otherwise OLC won't budge. Imagine all the influx Tokyo will get in 2023 if things open up. Fantasy Springs and people's favorite ride is still around. Regardless, if OLC gets a retheme it could be an exclusive one that is not PATF.

It seems extremely unlikely they will do the WDW Splash first, that would be a horrible decision.

UNCgolf

2. Shanghai PotC
  4. The Great Movie Ride
  5. Kilimanjaro Safari
  7. Mystic Manor
  8. Splash Mountain
  9. Flight of Passage
  10. Paris Space Mountain
50% ain't bad.

If I were making my list, I think Great Movie Ride, Kiliminjaro Safari, and Splash Mountain would be the only ones that appeared. I suppose Rise too, although I haven't been on it yet. Several of mine no longer exist!

UNCgolf

Regardless, I agree with you that they absolutely could build an impressive Princess and the Frog ride there. I don't think Frozen Ever After ever had much of a chance to be really good in the space where it was built (it's just baffling that they're cloning it instead of designing something new), although they certainly could have built something a lot better than they did.

The current Splash Mountain has nowhere near as many constraints for WDI. I hope they do build something great there, but it's hard for me to imagine the new ride having anywhere near as much depth and physical immersion as Splash did in terms of detailed sets and number of AAs.

lightningtap347

I didn’t say they haven’t created anything up to par, I said they haven’t created that many new attractions that are true standouts in recent years. How many of your top 10 Disney attractions are from the last decade?

I’m not even saying this in a “everything new sucks” kind of way, I genuinely just don’t think that Imagineers have the same creative spark and passion that they used to (with some exceptions). And I’m 25.
Rise is easily one of the greatest rides ever created. MnMRR is a great ride regardless of how I feel it doesn't deserve to be there.

Haven't been on Shanghai Pirates or Mystic Manor but for all intents and purposes I would kill to have them in the states.

The imagineers have put together great work when they are allowed too. It's the cheap reskins you should be using towards your argument, not Imagineering as a whole.

I'm 24, I don't see what the point of our age is here.

Kirby86

I still think a muppet retheme would be a fun fit for Splash Mountain. Make it a retelling of The Muppet Movie and join Kermit and Fozzie on a trip to see how the muppets became a family. I just want more Muppets in the park. Who knows maybe the ended of the Muppet Haunted Mansion Disney+ special will say coming to Disneyland and Walt Disney World next year?

lightningtap347

I still think a muppet retheme would be a fun fit for Splash Mountain. Make it a retelling of The Muppet Movie and join Kermit and Fozzie on a trip to see how the muppets became a family. I just want more Muppets in the park. Who knows maybe the ended of the Muppet Haunted Mansion Disney+ special will say coming to Disneyland and Walt Disney World next year?
I'd ask what that has anything to do with frontierland, but what do the muppets have to do with liberty square? I'd like to see more muppets in dhs

aladdin2007

IF I had to chose another IP for splash, and I wouldn't want to as I love it as is,,,but it could make for a really grand winnie the pooh flume ride. Then take out the cardboard laden dark ride for another dark ride,,,true pooh has nothing to do with frontierland or flume drops either per say but sure seems more fitting than this pushed in princess stuff where it doesn't belong. Its all political movements any way you look at it, and I wish Disney would get away from all that and go back to being Disney. I def think its going to happen at Disneyland first, here I dont think they know what they are doing right now, yet they make it worse with their pr drivel.

Kirby86

I'd ask what that has anything to do with frontierland, but what do the muppets have to do with liberty square? I'd like to see more muppets in dhs
If we're being honest the current theme isn't a perfect match since the setting of the original stories is the south particularly Georgia not the frontier but creative liberties and what not. Also The Muppets can fit anywhere they're adaptable. The biggest issue they are going to have with the retheme in WDW with Princess and the Frog is it's going to be weird going from a Louisiana Style decor to the wold west right next to it.

Kirby86

IF I had to chose another IP for splash, and I wouldn't want to as I love it as is,,,but it could make for a really grand winnie the pooh flume ride. Then take out the cardboard laden dark ride for another dark ride,,,true pooh has nothing to do with frontierland or flume drops either per say but sure seems more fitting than this pushed in princess stuff where it doesn't belong. Its all political movements any way you look at it, and I wish Disney would get away from all that and go back to being Disney.
I actually thought of what a Winnie the pooh version would be like. String together 3 shorts into a cohesive enough story and it could work. Start with the expedtion song from the 2011 movie during the how do you do? Section. Laughing Place could be replaced with the heffalumps and woozles. Not sure what the finale would be though Winnie the Pooh dosen't have a showstopper song that I can think of.

aladdin2007

"Guests haven’t seen any changes yet. That’s going to take some time"
Translation: We don't know either
I do feel they know for Disneyland,,,but they can't do that here unless they are going to be that hap hazzard and do it anyway. Anymore I wouldn't put it past them unfortunately. but will see.

aladdin2007

I actually thought of what a Winnie the pooh version would be like. String together 3 shorts into a cohesive enough story and it could work. Start with the expedtion song from the 2011 movie during the how do you do? Section. Laughing Place could be replaced with the heffalumps and woozles. Not sure what the finale would be though Winnie the Pooh dosen't have a showstopper song that I can think of.
agreed, the ride in disneyland is very woodsy compared to our dark ride, so I could see that part carried out into splash.,,not happening of course but fun to figure out.

Inspired Figment

The Expedition/“expotition” song’s from Piglet’s Big Movie, not the 2011 film.
In all honesty, the darkride as it exists (along with TDL’s Pooh’s Hunny Hunt) basically got the story down fine in that it’s basically the 3 sections of the “Blustery Day” featurette/section of Many Adventures. So essentially it starts out with the main Blustery Day section & song.., the second section is Meeting Tigger “Wonderful Thing About Tiggers” and then “Heffalumps & Woozles”, then there’s the Flood scene which features “The Rain Rain Rain Came Down, Down Down”, and then to end it all, the finale song “Hip-Hip-Pooh-ray!” (For the Hero Party in saving Piglet and his friends in the flood. That or the birthday party as they switched it to in the Disneyland ride (mostly likely to makeup for the oddly placed Flood scene).

Now personally being a big Pooh fan. I certainly wouldn’t mind a flume ride with the characters.. ‘however’, even that I wouldn’t exactly be the happiest about considering how much I genuinely enjoy the Br’er Rabbit stories, songs, and characters within Splash Mountain as it currently exists. I thought it was extremely well executed and fixed all the issues they may have had in Song of the South. So there ya have it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom