News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
They’ll take out a crumpled piece of paper with the Parks Blog announcement written on it and read it off. That’s the most I see happening.
Untitled152_20210729151851.png

Roger_the_pianist

I think it's probably only still open on each coast to absorb crowds and provide a water feature during summer.

If it were sitting there shuttered it might seem even worse, kinda like not releasing Song of the South

UNCgolf

I think it's probably only still open on each coast to absorb crowds and provide a water feature during summer.

If it were sitting there shuttered it might seem even worse, kinda like not releasing Song of the South

They're smarter than to just close one of the best and busiest attractions at WDW. They won't close it before TRON opens at the very least; they really can't afford to from a capacity standpoint.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Unless the imagineers use the film’s full potential (they won’t) it’ll crash and burn.
They've already said as much. They'll be telling a new story using some of the beloved characters from the movie. Though no frogs (which I think is a mistake but whatever) It's a simple theme + premise (swamp getting ready for Mardi Gras) sprinkled with a few PatF figures. We're still unsure on the "Louis looking for his trumpet" B-story but it sounds plausible. And somehow even something as simple as that juvenile concept will be reduced to it's simplest form in an exercise in value-engineering. I'm none to optimistic.

Last edited:

Ghost93

I think Disney is keeping it open because it's a popular ride and the controversy isn't significant enough right now. HOWEVER, I think Disney knows that the Song of the South connection to Splash Mountain is a ticking time bomb of potential backlash, hence the plans to retheme before it gets out of control.

Anyway, I think the retheme to Princess and the Frog could be great IF Disney invests the right amount of time and money into it. The Princess and the Frog is a great fit for a water ride! My biggest fear is that the retheme will come across as very cheap, more akin to the Haunted Mansion Nightmare Before Christmas Overlay than the $100-200 million per park you would actually need to spend to make it feel like a brand new ride.

skypilot2922

They've already said as much. They'll be telling a new story using some of the beloved characters from the movie. Though no frogs (which I think is a mistake but whatever) It's a simple theme + premise (swamp getting ready for Mardi Gras) sprinkled with a few PatF figures. We're still unsure on the "Louis looking for his trumpet" B-story but it sounds plausible. And somehow even something as simple as that juvenile concept will be reduced to it's simplest form in an exercise in value-engineering. I'm none to optimistic.

Ye Gods, why cannot Disney do this right without Tiana and the Prince as frogs whats the point.

As a dark ride this has so much potential you could add the dark ride at the beginning and use the flume as the exit from Mama Odies, the tunnel for ray and his cousins and end it when they get to N’awlins. With louis playing the horn and Tiana and Naveen doing the traditional Disney happily ever after

celluloid

If it were about the former, then it would be a rushed mess. If it were about the ladder, it would be a rushed mess. It’s about both. Unless the imagineers use the film’s full potential (they won’t) it’ll crash and burn.

If something is truly hateful and racist to most people. It would be closed down prior to replacement and not caring about capacity or money as they would be taking a hit by leaving it open They are fine making money on leaving it open. Things have been closed for less. Therefore, you can say it is about both, but the majority is the money.

Every day that "ticking timebomb" people like to throw around is less and less significant. It is an old avenue. The movie replacing it is just as much of a ticking time bomb of an issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom