News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

GimpYancIent

That's what I've heard here as well. Makes sense to let Splash get through the rest of the summer and then "Old Yeller" Br'er Rabbit when there isn't much need or desire for a water ride.

Whereas, considering Florida's is staying around until at least '23, by the time they would get to it over there I really don't think anyone would care enough and they'll just say "screw it" and keep the current around until Tokyo is ready to fund something lmao.
Would another I.P. be distracting enough and interesting enough to obscure the current dilemma with retheming and give splash a refreshing non-controversial up lift?

Fanthomastic

Would another I.P. be distracting enough and interesting enough to obscure the current dilemma with retheming and give splash a refreshing non-controversial up lift?
I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying. It’s not what they are changing the attraction to, it’s the change alone. If Disney wants to have a Princess and frog attraction, that’s fine. Just find a less popular and less iconic attraction to replace.

Splashin' Ryan

I wouldn't be surprised if the original announcement that MK's version was getting an overhaul fades away much like the announcement for Reflections Lodge. Then if anyone asks "where's the retheme in MK" Disney will just point their finger over at Disneyland and say "there we did it!" even though the MK would not have changed. If they really get in PR trouble with the move they could just change the dialogue/dialect of the AA's then.

SailorMercury

I wouldn't be surprised if the original announcement that MK's version was getting an overhaul fades away much like the announcement for Reflections Lodge. Then if anyone asks "where's the retheme in MK" Disney will just point their finger over at Disneyland and say "there we did it!" even though the MK would not have changed. If they really get in PR trouble with the move they could just change the dialogue/dialect of the AA's then.
“We only said Disneyland Resort (R). Y’all are dummies and need to learn how to read” they say as they edit the original posts that’ll be like 3 years old at that point.

ToTBellHop

Bob Chapek will go down as the greatest CEO of a company ever!
Real Bob Chapek logging on this morning:

1624283559324.png

The Aracuan Bird

The change is 100% happening. The problem is, it’s shortsighted. The problem with the film and the ride was not that it was an adaptation of Brer Rabbit. It’s that it was one with a great level of inaccuracies attached to it. The Disney Company has convinced the public that you can’t do Brer Rabbit without separating it from Song of the South. Anyone that knows the stories have a life before the Uncle Remus novel know that’s not true and that they are just too cowardly to take the risk and try again. Heaven forbid that more people catch on to this because that will be a massive stain on the Bob’s legacies. Unless they plead ignorance I guess, but I think one of the two knows better enough that it would be difficult.

TL;DR It’s happening, but those in charge better pray that the general public never looks beyond what they’re telling them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom