News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

ToTBellHop

Any merchandise?
No. Disney be like
1623339786107.gif

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I find it hard to believe that the first show scene will not be set to "Going Down the Bayou." I would also think that "Down in New Orleans" gets the riverboat scene. I have ZERO insider info, but that would be my guess.
My predictions are:
How Do You Do- Down in New Orleans
Laughin Place- Going Down the Bayou
Burrow Lament- Other Side
Zip a Dee- Dig a Little Deeper

Magenta Panther

Maybe TDO will put a headstone for Brer Rabbit in the Haunted Mansion Pet Cemetery, like they did for Mr. Toad! You know, because they're just so gosh-darned clever like that!

The headstone could read: "Here lies the only Disney-adapted character created by African Americans. Done in by wokeness. His Laughing Place ain't laughing no more".

ppete1975

I wouldnt expect merch... I think they want splash to quietly go away. Merch might not be worth the articles saying Disney is making money off of a ride they have said doesnt belong due to racial inequalities.

This is a rare situation we are seeing... And i think they will tread carefully..

Question.. did they ever restock any of the merchandise since the scalpers bought it all after the announcement?

My predictions are:
How Do You Do- Down in New Orleans
Laughin Place- Going Down the Bayou
Burrow Lament- Other Side
Zip a Dee- Dig a Little Deeper
Maybe, but the finale reprise of Down in New Orleans would make a better finish to the ride, IMHO. If the story is really that we are travelling to a Mardi Gras party, then ending in New Orleans and starting on the Bayou makes more sense.

At least that is how I would do it (but they never ask me, so....)

dsinclair

Maybe TDO will put a headstone for Brer Rabbit in the Haunted Mansion Pet Cemetery, like they did for Mr. Toad! You know, because they're just so gosh-darned clever like that!

The headstone could read: "Here lies the only Disney-adapted character created by African Americans. Done in by wokeness. His Laughing Place ain't laughing no more".
I have a fix: Disney could adapt different characters created by African Americans! Or they could even have African Americans create brand new characters for their parks, movies, and tv series. Then you would no longer have to feign this terrible defense.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I wouldnt expect merch... I think they want splash to quietly go away. Merch might not be worth the articles saying Disney is making money off of a ride they have said doesnt belong due to racial inequalities.

This is a rare situation we are seeing... And i think they will tread carefully..

Question.. did they ever restock any of the merchandise since the scalpers bought it all after the announcement?
They're on thin thin ice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom