News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

The Aracuan Bird

Oh I know. But some day the MK will need some updates. If it wants to stay #1.

💪🕐
I don’t really think removing Frontierland wholesale for NOS makes a lot of sense, especially considering the two biggest attractions from that land are already in other locations of the park. Perhaps if the mountains were in opposite spots, they could make that corner into NOS, but it would be difficult to fit.

I do think they will expand past the back left corner beyond the railway at some point, though not anytime soon.

Max Duane

0.2% of Japan is black. And foreign visitors bring that percentage up to 1.9%. I hate using numbers like that when people do the same to thwart moves of LGBTQ+ inclusion in the states. But until Disney makes Captain Hook trans (and who knows), I don't see any attractions having wholesale head to toe changes like Disney is doing with Splash Mountain.
I don’t know why I chuckled at that. I think it was just because of all the Disney characters, it would be Hook I could see them making trans as opposed to a gender flop. No real reasoning behind it, it’s just such a clear image in my head.

As for my thoughts on the Splash rethemed, while I’m still fine with it going either way, I’m skeptical on if Disney will carry through with it, at least on the east coast. I have some suspicion it will end up like the Main Street Theater- a concept released just a bit too early on a project that’s not currently financially available.

While it would be serious backtracking on there part, the recent silence on it all (from the general community too) has seemed to slow down. I still think it will happen, just not for much, much longer than we anticipated. For now we’ll just be getting the ride without any Brer merchandise or Brer characters, which imo is fine.

WDW has got so many other projects on the table anyway, so I can’t see Splash closing for another 5 years, if that. Something tells me that Cali will definitely be getting it first, despite previous claims.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I don’t know why I chuckled at that. I think it was just because of all the Disney characters, it would be Hook I could see them making trans as opposed to a gender flop. No real reasoning behind it, it’s just such a clear image in my head.

As for my thoughts on the Splash rethemed, while I’m still fine with it going either way, I’m skeptical on if Disney will carry through with it, at least on the east coast. I have some suspicion it will end up like the Main Street Theater- a concept released just a bit too early on a project that’s not currently financially available.

While it would be serious backtracking on there part, the recent silence on it all (from the general community too) has seemed to slow down. I still think it will happen, just not for much, much longer than we anticipated. For now we’ll just be getting the ride without any Brer merchandise or Brer characters, which imo is fine.

WDW has got so many other projects on the table anyway, so I can’t see Splash closing for another 5 years, if that. Something tells me that Cali will definitely be getting it first, despite previous claims.
If what I'm hearing is true pre-work on Cali has begun.
181536972_973385710141801_6838582903855052836_n.jpg

Last edited:

AEfx

I have some suspicion it will end up like the Main Street Theater- a concept released just a bit too early on a project that’s not currently financially available.
That's just it - they have made such a splash about this, no pun intended, that they really have to go all out. This can't be some cheap overlay. There is a lot of show space in there to fill, and it needs to be high quality. There is a lot riding on this - including the fact that it will be the first ride to feature a non-white Princess - can you imagine the reaction if it was filled with sub-par animatronics? These need to be Frozen Ever After level, in a lot longer ride.

This is going to be pricey.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Thanks for the update! It's odd how Disney hasn't discussed the ride. Do we know what the ride was even going to be like?
Nothing offical from Disney. Just what was in the inital annoucement: We pick up this story after the final kiss, and join Princess Tiana and Louis on a musical adventure – featuring some of the powerful music from the film – as they prepare for their first-ever Mardi Gras performance.

tanc

they announced it way too early lol, it really seemed like something they barely planned to announce. With all the recent retirements though and even with Baxter's guidance I just don't know.

owlsandcoffee

they announced it way too early lol, it really seemed like something they barely planned to announce. With all the recent retirements though and even with Baxter's guidance I just don't know.
Looks like they were planning it but got rushed by current events, so they pumped out one piece of (very pretty) concept art and made the announcement. I'd bet they were only in the very early stages of development. Looks like now they may be testing a few show elements for California. That'll probably open late next year or early 2023.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom