News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

IMDREW

Actually that could be really beautiful... Pirates Lair village behind, Change the rockwork a bit to make it more coastal and jagged, a descent into Davey Jones undersea lair (Laughing Place) and a blast up and back to surface for the waterfall drop... ending with a rollicking Pirates party finale...Zip a dee lady replaced by a gleaming Black Pearl...honestly it could be amazing... and with the Pirates space, the Tiana story could be magical... Turn the gift shop at the exit into an old New Orleans style marketplace with Beignets and souvenirs... and build Tiana's Palace restaurant next door
My thoughts exactly

G.L.A.D.I.O

I wouldve been with you if you ended with: and make splash mountain a modern pirates splash.
8c892ff24dce92924bad81fe71fbdda4.jpg

That would be cool !

Parker in NYC

So they really DO want to put the Muppets in HoP? Jesus. And they're gonna screw with Peter Pan. I'm trying to figure out if they're going to change IaSW because of "cultural depictions" or if there's some other ride I'm forgetting about.
I'd rather the Muppets in HoP than the Regal Eagle. Ever notice that Miss Piggy is the only Muppet lead who isn't featured there (beyond the menu, that is). Not to mention, Sam Eagle is a bird, so, chicken-adjacent.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I still think with how all in Disney has gone with inclusivity, there's no way this doesn't happen on both coasts. It might not be as quick as some people expect in Orlando, but I would bet my entire Lady Gaga collection that it's coming.
I've said it before, but I personally see them also retheming Orlando's within the next 10 years.

habuma

If you had to pick what the retheme of SM would be in MK, what would you all pick? I think a muppets wild west adventure theme would be a great replacement and keep the frontier land vibe alive

While I don't mind the PatF theme in general (it could be awesome in Disneyland if done well), I don't like it in Frontierland. I've been thinking for a long while now that a better thing to do is to reimagine what Western River Expedition was to be, update it to take advantage of new ride and animatronic tech, and then fit it into the log-flume mountain we have. Yeah, I know it won't be the same as what WRE was supposed to have been, but we're never getting that, so...this could give us something WRE-like and avoid putting the bayou in Frontierland.

I'll show myself out.

Incomudro

While I don't mind the PatF theme in general (it could be awesome in Disneyland if done well), I don't like it in Frontierland. I've been thinking for a long while now that a better thing to do is to reimagine what Western River Expedition was to be, update it to take advantage of new ride and animatronic tech, and then fit it into the log-flume mountain we have. Yeah, I know it won't be the same as what WRE was supposed to have been, but we're never getting that, so...this could give us something WRE-like and avoid putting the bayou in Frontierland.

I'll show myself out.
Pocahontas would work better.

habuma

Pocahontas would work better.

I could see a Pocahontas themed Splash Mountain being good, but I'd be against it in Frontierland for the same reason as I'm not excited about PatF: It's not thematically correct with where it's located in the park.

As you may know, starting from the Haunted Mansion, working around Rivers of America, and on into Frontierland, you make a journey through time and more or less following the westward migration through the U.S. That would put Splash somewhere in the west. Pocahontas takes place largely around Jamestown, Virginia in the 1600s. It doesn't fit and breaks the journey through time and the U.S.

PatF is at least closer in both respects, being set in 1920s New Orleans. But it still doesn't fit in Frontierland. (To be clear, I *DO* like the potential of a PatF-themed Splash Mountain and I believe it fits perfectly in Disneyland if you just extend the border of New Orleans Square a bit further north.)

Granted, Splash wasn't really correct either, but it was easily glossed over if you could look past the origin of the Br'er stories and just focus on it being stories about a bunch of animals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom