News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

tanc

tokyo wants the very best version of every ride, it's how it's always been. They want exceptional quality, and even the slightest thing that is off they probably won't do it. Tokyo also has the most superior splash mountain, not only is it a mirror of the WDW version, but it even has a quick service place within the mountain. Imagine having to retheme that entire quick service place and Splash mountain, and ride loved by many in Japan. A lot of their rides also get some sort of sponsorship too, and Splash mountain is no easy project to do. The cost is just too much for likely barely any results, and if people hate the ride in Japan it will only make it worse. At least Splash Mountain is a classic there.

J4546

If you had to pick what the retheme of SM would be in MK, what would you all pick? I think a muppets wild west adventure theme would be a great replacement and keep the frontier land vibe alive

Texas84

This continues to annoy me because there are no mountains in the Louisiana swamp. Here's my idea:

Florida's Pirates is the worst version of all the parks. Change it to PatF and somehow put in that wonderful swamp loading scene with fireflies that Disneyland has. The drop could represent turning into a frog and the ending up ramp, turning back into a human.

Put a Tiana Cajun restaurant somewhere. I want this. Columbia Harbor House maybe?

Make Splash an extension of Mine Train with an original, IP-free, cast of mining characters.

tpac24

This continues to annoy me because there are no mountains in the Louisiana swamp. Here's my idea:

Florida's Pirates is the worst version of all the parks. Change it to PatF and somehow put in that wonderful swamp loading scene with fireflies that Disneyland has. The drop could represent turning into a frog and the ending up ramp, turning back into a human.

Put a Tiana Cajun restaurant somewhere. I want this. Columbia Harbor House maybe?

Make Splash an extension of Mine Train with an original, IP-free, cast of mining characters.
Have you lost your ever loving mind?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :)

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Have you lost your ever loving mind?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :)
No_No_He's_Got_A_Point_Banner.jpg

Actually I'd also rather see Pirates go for PatF

tanc

and realistically, most of Japan doesn't give a crap about US politics. It doesn't effect them really at all. But a retheme will financially affect them, especially since Disney wants OLC to pay for it. I have a feeling that Disney will probably end up paying for it once they financially can, or abandon the project. Tokyo seems to take way better care of Splash compared to America, regular maintenance that just isn't present in America. OLC funds a most of their stuff or they get sponsored, which is why the massive expansion to Disney Sea looks to be top tier. They are only willing to pay for what they believe is the best. I suppose in their mind that a whole rehaul of Splash mountain will have to be done to satiate what they want.

oh and for POTC, the wench scene lives on in Japan, interesting tid bit but it goes to show how much Japan really cares about certain things.

and now what? Tokyo will have exclusivity if Splash Mountain is not changed and the American parks keep theirs. Time will only tell what happens but I really think Tokyo will probably have it for a long time.

and as I said, here is a really interesting video about the difference of Splash in WDW and Tokyo and Disneyland

the Tokyo queue is pretty much entirely indoors

Last edited:

IMDREW

I wouldve been with you if you ended with: and make splash mountain a modern pirates splash.

Bocabear

I wouldve been with you if you ended with: and make splash mountain a modern pirates splash.
Actually that could be really beautiful... Pirates Lair village behind, Change the rockwork a bit to make it more coastal and jagged, a descent into Davey Jones undersea lair (Laughing Place) and a blast up and back to surface for the waterfall drop... ending with a rollicking Pirates party finale...Zip a dee lady replaced by a gleaming Black Pearl...honestly it could be amazing... and with the Pirates space, the Tiana story could be magical... Turn the gift shop at the exit into an old New Orleans style marketplace with Beignets and souvenirs... and build Tiana's Palace restaurant next door

The Visionary Soul

Just to poke my head in a second, I don't particularly recall @The Visionary Soul making accurate predictions in the past. Can someone who recalls mention instances when it has happened?

I'm not denying any insider status or even the validity of this particular claim - which actually think is accurate - just that this particular poster doesn't seem like one of the core "reliable insiders" on here. I could be wrong.
Nothing great. Just the Great Movie Ride closing, the new northern entrance to WDW, Disney Springs getting a direct exit ramp from I-4, the success of Disney Springs being greater than anything at WDW since 1998, parking fees at the resorts, and Be Our Guest getting rid of quick service lunch. I also alluded to a lot of things like the closure of Ellen's Energy Adventure and the 2nd gen magic bands. And the Apple Watch Magic Band Replacement Project. And a couple other things I've alluded to that no one noticed... such as the Jungle Cruise redo. But you can search my posts and you'll see. I've also alluded to some things that are coming that no one has picked up on. Good luck figuring it out! ;)

Not sure if that makes me an insider though. @marni1971 ?

owlsandcoffee

Nothing great. Just the Great Movie Ride closing, the new northern entrance to WDW, Disney Springs getting a direct exit ramp from I-4, the success of Disney Springs being greater than anything at WDW since 1998, parking fees at the resorts, and Be Our Guest getting rid of quick service lunch. I also alluded to a lot of things like the closure of Ellen's Energy Adventure and the 2nd gen magic bands. And the Apple Watch Magic Band Replacement Project. And a couple other things I've alluded to that no one noticed... such as the Jungle Cruise redo. But you can search my posts and you'll see. I've also alluded to some things that are coming that no one has picked up on. Good luck figuring it out! ;)

Not sure if that makes me an insider though. @marni1971 ?

So they really DO want to put the Muppets in HoP? Jesus. And they're gonna screw with Peter Pan. I'm trying to figure out if they're going to change IaSW because of "cultural depictions" or if there's some other ride I'm forgetting about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom