News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Incomudro

20k Leagues was more than the sum of it's parts... Not only a unique and wonderful ride experience, but the beauty of the lagoon with it's fanciful submarines has never been matched... The Skyway was another loss that was again, more than the sum of it's parts... The kinetic energy it brought to the skyline was amazing...Though I am always surprised they never addressed theming the rooftops...Something that Universal did for their Seussland aerial tram.

The sight of that 20k lagoon was life changing for me.
I ordered a slide viewer from Amazon which will be arriving tonight.
I'll be able to look at slides of my first (third grade age) trip to WDW in a way I haven't seen them in decades.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Is it safe to tell a friend that they'll be able to ride current Splash during their trip next year?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Hey all. Do we believe that Disney will repeat the Frontier-ifying of Tiana's Mardi Gras River Run (not the official name) or just have it be jazzy like DL's?
My hope is that Princess Tiana's Splash'n Bayou Jubilee* will transition from Frontierland's current Old Westified Bluegrass to a swampy banjo/washboard sound to Zydeco to Jazz throughout the attraction. I'd also hope WDI swampifies it a bit more, as it would be slightly easier to visually transition Fronterland to a Swampy motif vs Fronterland to Jazz Age architecture. In any case, I'd be shocked if they actually do anything.

*Please No!

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
My hope is that Princess Tiana's Splash'n Bayou Jubilee* will transition from Frontierland's current Old Westified Bluegrass to a swampy banjo/washboard sound to Zydeco to Jazz throughout the attraction.
Because nothing says "Disney" like...

Disney Glimpses

This is what I have been wondering. We have pushed our trip back to next May so that wdw will be back to normal. I hope that normal includes an operating Splash.
I think we are looking at at least 2 years before Splash closure. Financially speaking, while it is still very much a priority to the company, it has almost certainly been delayed to some degreedue to COVID. Funds are already eaten up (hence the pause of Tron and the slow pace that EPCOT is progressing at). But more-so, it is unlikely they will close such a popular attraction during the 50th. It's possible (even likely) that work on DLR's Splash begins much sooner. Additionally, when the announcement was made, it was still quite early in the planning and they provided not even an estimate of a timeline. All that combined, I think the likelihood that we see a closure within a year is very, very unlikely.

bdearl41

I think we are looking at at least 2 years before Splash closure. Financially speaking, while it is still very much a priority to the company, it has almost certainly been delayed to some degreedue to COVID. Funds are already eaten up (hence the pause of Tron and the slow pace that EPCOT is progressing at). But more-so, it is unlikely they will close such a popular attraction during the 50th. It's possible (even likely) that work on DLR's Splash begins much sooner. Additionally, when the announcement was made, it was still quite early in the planning and they provided not even an estimate of a timeline. All that combined, I think the likelihood that we see a closure within a year is very, very unlikely.
Thanks! An insightful and helpful answer. All about that!

EagleScout610

Premium Member
I think its pretty much guaranteed that Disneyland will remodel their Splash first

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Disneyland has lost over a year of revenue and will open to limited capacity. I really doubt they'll be the first to retheme. Of course, I still think this is all more than 4 years off (at least).
People assume it will be Disneyland first because its the easiest. Its already close to NOS, and it would be much easier to pull their rethemr off than Orlando since its much more swampy as opposed to Orlando's field/forest vibe. Plus Tokyo may be delaying Orlando's retheme

doctornick

DL is looking at next winter, probably soon after Christmas. I’ll be buying a farewell t-shirt this summer!

Thing is that DL can handle the loss of an E-ticket for an extended time given the sheer number of rides. MK much less so - they seriously need to add something to Adventureland a la IJA for capacity - and I find it hard to see how they'd close Splash with the 50th about to happen. I tend to think they'll wait until Tron is open (and the RR running FWIW) before they close Splash. Ideally, they'd also put something new in the Stitch building but it looks like they just don't care.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Thing is that DL can handle the loss of an E-ticket for an extended time given the sheer number of rides. MK much less so - they seriously need to add something to Adventureland a la IJA for capacity - and I find it hard to see how they'd close Splash with the 50th about to happen. I tend to think they'll wait until Tron is open (and the RR running FWIW) before they close Splash. Ideally, they'd also put something new in the Stitch building but it looks like they just don't care.
I vaguely remember this being the talk with regards to Space Mountain too. This was mentioned way before the Splash overly was a mention publicly, Tron was to come into play so other rides come be refurbed.

ppete1975

The sight of that 20k lagoon was life changing for me.
I ordered a slide viewer from Amazon which will be arriving tonight.
I'll be able to look at slides of my first (third grade age) trip to WDW in a way I haven't seen them in decades.
Although its disneyland, you might really enjoy https://davidbossert.com/3d-disneyland.html

Some of the 3d effects dont work perfectly but the pictures and the ones that do, are worth the price

Animaniac93-98

Disneyland has lost over a year of revenue and will open to limited capacity. I really doubt they'll be the first to retheme. Of course, I still think this is all more than 4 years off (at least).

Ellen's Energy Adventure closed 4 years ago and they're still working on its replacement.

5 years is about the time it takes Disney to do anything these days.

DL is looking at next winter, probably soon after Christmas. I’ll be buying a farewell t-shirt this summer!

This November is the 75th anniversary of Song of the South. How convenient for Disney Consumer Products and D23.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom