News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

MerlinTheGoat

There is all kinds of art work floating around of what is it may look like.
There's only one piece of concept artwork of the outside (which was likely thrown together without much of a plan). Nothing further has been shown or detailed.

dpbwd10094857239842034982039480239424fi.jpg

And something that is pretty much certain to differ from this art is that they're not going to put Tiana and Louis figures outside exposed to the elements (especially in Florida).

Incomudro

There is all kinds of art work floating around of what is it may look like.
Just the one image the other forum members were kind enough to post.
And the images show the same building entrance, fence, and tree that are on the Splash Mountain structure.
But now there's a boat in the tree.
That doesn't give me high hopes for how deep they are going with the retheme.

tirian

The ride has been successful and will continue to be a successfully fun for guests to enjoy regardless of the theme window dressing.
The theme window dressing is what used to separate Disney from everyone else. If we’re honest, there are better flume rides in other parks. There are certainly better roller coasters in other parks too. And with the exception of ROTR, nothing Disney has done in five years convinces me they’re capable of “themed window dressing” like Splash had—and Disney didn’t create the atmosphere of ROTR. Lucasfilm created it in the 1980s.

tirian

I still don’t understand why Disney didn’t ask actual citizens of Georgia and Alabama for their input on Splash Mt. instead of approaching a southern-culture attraction from a distinctly West Coast point of view. ;)

All joking aside, as someone who visits New Orleans frequently, TPATF got almost everything wrong. The accents, the music, the figures of speech, the voodoo element — all wrong. Nevertheless, I really do like the movie, and it finally gave my niece a princess who looked like her. But she also loved Splash Mt. and its critters, and it was a masterpiece of a ride.

DisneyLostBoy03

Recently, I made a virtual ride through of what a Princess and the Frog overlay on Splash Mountain could look like inspired by the concept art, my imagination and the planned storyline of the attraction told by Disney Dish Podcast. Note that not all of the characters are present in this video. It is meant to give a possibility or an idea on what we could possibly expect. I do not work for the company and nothing has been finalized. Hope you all enjoy it.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Recently, I made a virtual ride through of what a Princess and the Frog overlay on Splash Mountain could look like inspired by the concept art, my imagination and the planned storyline of the attraction told by Disney Dish Podcast. Note that not all of the characters are present in this video. It is meant to give a possibility or an idea on what we could possibly expect. I do not work for the company and nothing has been finalized. Hope you all enjoy it.

I think thats what most people imagine for California's retheme. Great job

DisneyLostBoy03

It’s happening...in my opinion everyone saying otherwise is wasting time. Regardless of how everyone feels about it.
Glad to hear that it is still happening. Recently made a virtual ride through of the ride and been trash talked by people who say that Splash should stay and that the retheme isn't happening.

Surferboy567

Glad to hear that it is still happening. Recently made a virtual ride through of the ride and been trash talked by people who say that Splash should stay and that the retheme isn't happening.
No insider knowledge. So, not sure for sure but I’d say it is going to happen.

Now the discussion if Splash should stay...that is a different discussion for a different thread. We don’t need to take this thread in that direction.

Disney Glimpses

The truth is, they could easily re-theme the attraction at DLR and then claim that they are 'evaluating a timeline' for the WDW attraction due to pandemic related financial constraints and everyone would forget about it.

I think they bit off more than they can chew by announcing it for both DLR and WDW. To be seen how truly committed they are to their new fifth key.

Yesterday, at 35% capacity, Splash Mountain in WDW had a 75 minute wait. Several hundred million dollars is a lot of money to spend to have no positive logistical impact on your park.

Frankly, it's also several hundred million dollars that they don't even have right now. So if they did 'fast track' the attraction re-theme as many are bragging here, I would rethink your position. A fast tracked re-theme with funds they can make available right now would make for a really terrible attraction.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
The truth is, they could easily re-theme the attraction at DLR and then claim that they are 'evaluating a timeline' for the WDW attraction due to pandemic related financial constraints and everyone would forget about it.

I think they bit off more than they can chew by announcing it for both DLR and WDW. To be seen how truly committed they are to their new fifth key.

Yesterday, at 35% capacity, Splash Mountain in WDW had a 75 minute wait. Several hundred million dollars is a lot of money to spend to have no positive logistical impact on your park.

Frankly, it's also several hundred million dollars that they don't even have right now. So if they did 'fast track' the attraction re-theme as many are bragging here, I would rethink your position. A fast tracked re-theme with funds they can make available right now would make for a really terrible attraction.
I think people have accepted that California will most likely be the first to remodel since it would be easiest to plug PatF into Critter Country. Plus its being debated between Orlando and OLC on how that remodel would go

owlsandcoffee

Truth is we all want WDW to keep Splash Mountain Br'erified. I don't think long term it's possible. Disney does not like having Song of the South anywhere in their properties. Zip-a-dee Doo Dah is even questionable to them. It's very possible we'll see a non-Tiana change in 5-10 years and they'll find a place for Tiana somewhere else in the MK.

The Visionary Soul

My my how things are a changin’. Looks like this project is moving swiftly in California. The Japanese still aren’t on-board, so that means there was no money for the project at WDW, just Disneyland’s... until they delayed / cancelled 3 other projects. That’s right, I’m sorry to report that there now is money for this project on both coasts.

An internal inclusion group at Disney is rapidly becoming known as “the diversity police” and they are quite well supported by Bob Iger. This group is able to outweigh any and all budget shortcomings by re-directing funds. They can basically touch anything that could be construed as outdated or racially insensitive. I foresee this as a short lived group, but they will clean up almost everything while they’re around. If it is even remotely offensive to any population, it will get looked at and most likely changed. (except in Japan’s OLC, where they have no power)

As for Splash Mountain, the timeline remains to be seen, but multiple groups inside and outside of WDI have already begun the long process of actually creating content for the attraction. (Content = Final product to end up in the ride) So, despite Japan’s best efforts, this is happening now. The only thing that could stop it in its tracks is the departure of Bob Iger... as it seems Bob Chapek isn’t nearly onboard with this as much as Iger is. We’ll see what happens in January.

FantasiaMickey2000

My my how things are a changin’. Looks like this project is moving swiftly in California. The Japanese still aren’t on-board, so that means there was no money for the project at WDW, just Disneyland’s... until they delayed / cancelled 3 other projects. That’s right, I’m sorry to report that there now is money for this project on both coasts.

An internal inclusion group at Disney is rapidly becoming known as “the diversity police” and they are quite well supported by Bob Iger. This group is able to outweigh any and all budget shortcomings by re-directing funds. They can basically touch anything that could be construed as outdated or racially insensitive. I foresee this as a short lived group, but they will clean up almost everything while they’re around. If it is even remotely offensive to any population, it will get looked at and most likely changed. (except in Japan’s OLC, where they have no power)

As for Splash Mountain, the timeline remains to be seen, but multiple groups inside and outside of WDI have already begun the long process of actually creating content for the attraction. (Content = Final product to end up in the ride) So, despite Japan’s best efforts, this is happening now. The only thing that could stop it in its tracks is the departure of Bob Iger... as it seems Bob Chapek isn’t nearly onboard with this as much as Iger is. We’ll see what happens in January.
Just trying to clarify, you say that the project is moving swiftly but the timeline remains to be seen and we will see what happens in January. Are you saying that at the moment, nothing will be closing until at least 2022?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom