News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Brer Oswald

My suggestion is that the anti-changers stop calling people SJWs and Woke Mob and other stuff that only shows that you haven’t been listening to what the pro-changers are actually saying.
I agree with that suggestion! Name calling will only add fuel to the fire of the radical supporters of the retheme, who call all Splash Mountain fans “racist” and horrible people. Why stoop to that level? There are plenty of people who just want a PatF Ride, who aren’t name calling, and that’s okay.

FigmentFan82

So I guess it’s not possible to have a discussion about the Splash Mountain re-theme without political/social commentary.
That's not true at all. It's just that most people choose to bring politics and social commentary into the discussion. There are many posts discussing pros and cons of the re-theme that don't invoke p&sc

Surferboy567

I really wonder by the next D23 in 2022...will both Splash Mountains still be standing? I am guessing no, but that is just a gut feeling.

If DL stays closed for a longer period of time (which they probably will) I question if Splash reopens with the park or if the refurb starts before the park opens. Judging by the “fast tracking” verbiage they have been using I wonder if that conflicts with the reports that insiders were hearing. I want their to be ample time for people to ride Splash a final time, but will there be?

EDIT: They seem very interested in making sure Splash and any trace of SOTS is purged. Just a thought I had, could mean nothing but thought it was worth noting.

Brer Oswald

I really wonder by the next D23 in 2022...will both Splash Mountains still be standing? I am guessing no, but that is just a gut feeling.

If DL stays closed for a longer period of time (which they probably will) I question if Splash reopens with the park or if the refurb starts before the park opens. Judging by the “fast tracking” verbiage they have been using I wonder if that conflicts with the reports that insiders were hearing. I want their to be ample time for people to ride Splash a final time, but will there be?

EDIT: They seem very interested in making sure Splash and any trace of SOTS is purged. Just a thought I had, could mean nothing but thought it was worth noting.
They might both be closed, but I don’t see the new ride ride being anywhere near ready by that point.

LittleBuford

I think the point is more: if they made a ride heavily featuring Louis and then the unthinkable happens again....
But this concern would apply also to the alligators that are already in the ride, as well as to the crocodile in Peter Pan’s Flight. Since these characters were (as far as I’m aware) not impacted by the tragedy a few years ago, I can’t see why Louis—who, unlike the Peter Pan crocodile and the fellow below, is entirely nonviolent—would necessarily become an issue should such a thing happen again.

te8morknape31.jpg

Last edited:

Po'Rich

I can’t see why Louis—who, unlike the Peter Pan crocodile and the fellow below, is entirely nonviolent—would necessarily become an issue should such a thing happen again.
It's actually the fact that Louis is presented as non-violent that could be the problem. Instead of presenting alligators as dangerous creatures, worthy of distance, Louis presents a harmless alligator, who is just misunderstood.

Animaniac93-98

Without going too off topic, I found something interesting while playing Disneyland Adventures on my PC today.

If you go to Splash Mountain in the game, you get to play a series of minigames that seemingly attempt to tell the story of the ride.

This game released in 2018. I will continue to not understand what and what is not okay for this property.

They were selling anniversary merch for the ride in 2019, despite the replacement being in serious consideration back then (so they say).

matt9112

That’s a pretty strong opinion you have there.
Its also the correct one.
Its like me never wanting to visit germany or getting offended because of the nazis..

The ride itself as it stands has nothing tangibly offensive. This song was from that thing at one time! Technically being offended is a personal thing and can varry wildly however i also believe there's a common sense test here. Ssying the color green for example is offensive is just dumb....even if you are entitled to feel that way.

Brer Oswald

Its also the correct one.
Its like me never wanting to visit germany or getting offended because of the nazis..

The ride itself as it stands has nothing tangibly offensive. This song was from that thing at one time! Technically being offended is a personal thing and can varry wildly however i also believe there's a common sense test here. Ssying the color green for example is offensive is just dumb....even if you are entitled to feel that way.
No. Opinions can’t be correct. It’s just a fact.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom