News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Brer Oswald

That "WDW is fighting it" is based on a rumor. The rumor is that people (who?) are bringing up that PatF wouldn't fit thematically in Frontierland. While true, thematic integrity of Frontierland has already suffered in the MK. Also, bringing up this fact to their superiors isn't the same things as "fighting it."

No insider has said there are people actively *fighting* the change in the sense that they're pushing back against their superiors in a continuous argument over it. A lot unhappy with it and grousing to one another? Sure. But standing up to Iger and forcefully going to the mat for it in a constant back and forth with internal petitions and threatening to quit over it?... not likely.

COVID finances is definitely a wild card. But let's not create a fan-based rumor based on wishful thinking and spread it like it was gospel.
I know you really want it to happen, and it will. Just be patient.

I don’t believe any insider has said that there was disagreement internally over the attraction due to the theming. More so over the funds.

Brer Oswald

What makes you think that? He's doing a great job at ruining the things that I love.
Spending millions to overhaul an already popular attraction? Doesn’t sound like a Chapek business decision.

All it would take would be a blog post to change the narrative. Remember, Disney is the one that created and controlled the narrative that “forced” them to retheme the ride in the first place. If Iger wasn’t in control and it was just Chapek, this likely wouldn’t have happened.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Spending millions to overhaul an already popular attraction? Doesn’t sound like a Chapek business decision.

All it would take would be a blog post to change the narrative. Remember, Disney is the one that created and controlled the narrative that “forced” them to retheme the ride in the first place. If Iger wasn’t in control and it was just Chapek, this likely wouldn’t have happened.

I know that. I think you all are missing my point. I didn't say Chapek made the decision to change it, I was asking if someone could provide insider knowledge that he gave any real, legitimate pushback instead of sitting quietly to the side and letting Iger have his way.

Winter

I haven't looked at the news of this for a while. Is it still likely that it won't happen at disney world and only at disneyland or is it different now?

JohnD

View attachment 511682
From a few days ago in the California thread. "With Disnsy World actively fighting the retheme" gives some hope

In DL, not as hard to retheme as they think. Critter Country abuts New Orleans Square. You could extend New Orleans Square around the new ride since P&TF takes place in New Orleans and the bayou. Or, because that would no longer make it a "square", just call that area the Louisiana Bayou. The transition between NSQ to Louisiana Bayou would be natural. Then just shrink Critter Country to around Pooh.

As for WDW, I'd like it to stay Splash Mountain but if it gets re-themed, they should just re-theme it and leave it at that. Splash Mountain isn't exactly themed to Frontierland either.

Brer Oswald

In DL, not as hard to retheme as they think. Critter Country abuts New Orleans Square. You could extend New Orleans Square around the new ride since P&TF takes place in New Orleans and the bayou. Or, because that would no longer make it a "square", just call that area the Louisiana Bayou. The transition between NSQ to Louisiana Bayou would be natural. Then just shrink Critter Country to around Pooh.

As for WDW, I'd like it to stay Splash Mountain but if it gets re-themed, they should just re-theme it and leave it at that. Splash Mountain isn't exactly themed to Frontierland either.
Brer Rabbit May not fit the Western Spitoon theme of Big Thunder Mountain (neither does Country Bears), but it fits the general era of America Frontierland is portraying. PatF? Not so much. It would honestly fit Main Street better.

I’d imagine they’re already at least considering alternative themes for Florida that Tokyo would agree with. If Tokyo doesn’t budge, they will probably just stick with PatF, and nothing else with the land will change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom