News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Brer Oswald

I still think the primary justification for the retheme has honestly been the high cost to maintain many of these aging AAs for what many consider to be primarily a “thrill ride first, story ride second”. At DL in particular, these AAs date back to the 70s and given the damp/intimate environment makes it challenging for the maintainance teams to access.

Combine that with OSHA and years of deferred maintenance (since the infamous Pressler era) and I’m not shocked TDA and WDI thought up the idea of a more “marketable” retheme. I still have hope some of the AAs will remain to be redressed (in Mardi Gras attire for the finale) or reskinned (Brer Bear to Louis) but I wouldn’t be shocked if up to 2/3rds of them aren’t dumped entirely.
Oh, getting rid of the AAs is definitely a primary reason for this. Splash goes down for what, 2-3 months a year for this very reason? Animatronics and a water ride is a costly mix. And people still complain to high heavens about how poorly maintained it is.

Meanwhile, TDL has seemingly no issues maintaining there’s. That’s probably why they aren’t too keen on changing it. That and the fact that fuzzy animals top Princesses over there.

Meanwhile, the only thing separating Six Flags from Disney to your average American is Mickey Mouse and the Castle. Splash is just a thrill ride to most of them. The story is just a nice bonus.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Purely Speculative> Disney marketing put their foot in their mouth by stating the attraction would take place after the events of the movie. I feel like the entire marketing blurb about the overhaul was doomed by this one statement. I suspect OLC would have been more receptive to the PatF overlay had the attraction storyline taken place either as a new subplot during the events of the movie or possibly a prequel story sans any humans and voodoo undertones. In doing so, it would have remained truer to the original attraction and had larger international appeal with a greater focus on the AA critters. OLC doesn't care about Mardi Gras. OLC doesn't care about Tiana.

Animaniac93-98

A common thread between Mermaid, Frozen Ever After an BatB is the downplaying of the movie's villain in the ride. Gaston isn't in BatB at all. Disney doesn't seem to like their newer Princess rides with too much scares. Even Snow White in California is being toned down.

I wouldn't expect much of Facilier in the ride, even if he would be the most interesting element. I think like Frozen, most, if not all, of the thrills will come from the drops.

_caleb

A common thread between Mermaid, Frozen Ever After an BatB is the downplaying of the movie's villain in the ride. Gaston isn't in BatB at all. Disney doesn't seem to like their newer Princess rides with too much scares. Even Snow White in California is being toned down.

I wouldn't expect much of Facilier in the ride, even if he would be the most interesting element. I think like Frozen, most, if not all, of the thrills will come from the drops.
Huh. Never thought about the lack of Bad Guys. That’s interesting. Also, it seems to make things a bit boring.

drizgirl

Newer princess rides also don't have big drop hills.

Brer Panther

Wasn't it reported that the "Friends on the Other Side" would appear in the ride, with Dr. Facilier's shadow replacing Brer Fox's shadow on the lift hill?

Brer Panther

Sooooooooooooo, wouldn't that imply that Dr. Facilier will be in the ride, or that if nothing else there will be a bit of a "scary" element to it?

Brer Panther

If they go with the Princess and the Frog retheme in Florida (assuming the rumors that their retheme has been cancelled aren't true, I mean), that would make a very short "Friends on the Other Side" sequence, as Florida's skips the Burrow's Lament segment and just has Brer Fox trapping Brer Rabbit and the Vultures. Unless they also plan on having some of the "Friends on the Other Side" sequence replace some of the Laughin' Place?

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
If they go with the Princess and the Frog retheme in Florida (assuming the rumors that their retheme has been cancelled aren't true, I mean), that would make a very short "Friends on the Other Side" sequence, as Florida's skips the Burrow's Lament segment and just has Brer Fox trapping Brer Rabbit and the Vultures. Unless they also plan on having some of the "Friends on the Other Side" sequence replace some of the Laughin' Place?
I'm assuming we'd get something similar to this (Ignore the fact Facieller is in the photo 2x. Made this on lunch break)
Capture.PNG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom