News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Brer Oswald

This thread is looking more and more like it should go under the Imagineering forum. The point of the Splash re-theme is two-fold. 1) Remove any reference to Song of the South, no matter how distant and 2) AND purposely theme it to Princess and the Frog whose protagonist (i.e. Princess Tiana) is an African-American to celebrate rather than be embrassed about. (Uncle Tom, er, Remus).

Any other discussion of what you could do to Splash outside of Princess and the Frog is just blue sky and belongs in Imagineering.
Reddit moment.

JohnD

Reddit moment.

Lighten up, Francis

I'm just saying what is. You aren't discussing the attraction which is what I thought this thread was supposed to be about. Nor am I arguing for or against. "No politics", remember? We're beyond that. Instead, I'm reading pointless wishful thinking about a Western river attraction or it needs proper theming or whatever.

Brer Oswald

I'm just saying what is. You aren't discussing the attraction which is what I thought this thread was supposed to be about Nor am I arguing for or against. We're beyond that. Instead, I'm reading pointless wishful thinking about a a Western river attraction or proper theming or whatever.
Well, if recent rumours are to go by, there’s a chance the tether could be something else, not PatF. So we are just discussing some alternatives that could fit the land and that Tokyo might like.

There isn’t much else to discuss regarding what was announced in June.

Ldno

To be honest I honestly have no idea how they will re do this ride, unlike Maelstrom a favorite of mine and a ride I knew the track layout of, this ride will require heavy theming, it’s like 4 minutes long, that’s a lot of content I feel Princess and the frog does not contain to entertain us for that long, UNLESS they shorten it. Leave it Imageering to wow us but I wish it was something else although it will be hard to see it go...

Brer Oswald

To be honest I honestly have no idea how they will re do this ride, unlike Maelstrom a favorite of mine and a ride I knew the track layout of, this ride will require heavy theming, it’s like 4 minutes long, that’s a lot of content I feel Princess and the frog does not contain to entertain us for that long, UNLESS they shorten it. Leave it Imageering to wow us but I wish it was something else although it will be hard to see it go...
4 minutes? It’s 10 minutes long. It’s the longest “thrill” ride on property.

Riverrafter21

I'm just saying what is. You aren't discussing the attraction which is what I thought this thread was supposed to be about. Nor am I arguing for or against. "No politics", remember? We're beyond that. Instead, I'm reading pointless wishful thinking about a Western river attraction or it needs proper theming or whatever.

Kind of an easy way to prevent this undue stress you're under...or should I spell it out since you went to FSU ;)

Ldno

4 minutes? It’s 10 minutes long. It’s the longest “thrill” ride on property.
See, hahaha I was being modest, 10 minutes long, exactly, that’s a lot of entertainment that needs to keep flowing, according to the image ring in a box training, we should keep the guests moving and not backed up other wise the story won’t flow that well hehe

UNCgolf

Twilight Zone, Aerosmith, Avatar.

Avatar wasn't a low level IP at the time. We may think of it as one now, but it was the highest grossing movie of all time.

Aerosmith and Twilight Zone were also much bigger at the time they were licensed than Banjo-Kazooie is now (or ever was, really). And they were both licensed over 20 years ago; it's hard to imagine Disney doing any kind of licensing agreements today.

RSoxNo1

Twilight Zone, Aerosmith, Avatar.
I'll give you Twilight Zone, so '94 there. But if you're comparing Aerosmith to a kids show that I've never heard of, you're delusional. Even then that's 1999. Avatar was the highest grossing movie of all time at the time of the arrangement.

I'm sure more negotiations have taken place under Iger for theme park rights, but the only ones we know about were Potter definitely and Lord of the Rings probably.

But if you'd like to keep being a contrarian I'd be happy to continue to engage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom