News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

yensidtlaw1969

Actually, a big E-ticket ride there would definitely NOT be the worst!
Back before New Fantasyland I was pulling for a Mary Poppins mega-dark ride. Now I'm pulling for a modified version of the Beauty and the Beast ride from Tokyo - The exterior would need to be reworked since The Beast's Castle is already spoken for in the Fantasyland skyline . . . but if you just scoot the restrooms in Belle's Village and put the entrance back there?

Though obviously I'm beginning to show my hand as someone who wants all restrooms moved to make way for new expansion. And perhaps wandering a bit off topic.

Last edited:

lilypgirl

You lost me at boring. I’m okay with the redo as long as it’s good. But the ride in its current form is definitely not boring. It is one of the all time best storytelling achievements ever created by Disney.

What makes you think a ride themed to PatF in a SWAMP is going to look any cleaner? Also, you described it as “drab” which means dull.

Im actually convinced that you’ve either 1). Never ridden the ride 2). You’re here to troll 3). You just want to be quirky.

All respect is shot out the window. It’s okay to be like “I personally don’t like A B and C about this ride.” It’s okay to say you’re looking forward to the change. But saying “it’s boring” to a ride that constantly builds up suspense, have a thrilling drop, and dozens and dozens of animatronics & details every second on the ride? That’s just a completely ignorant statement and literally makes you lose all credibility for any future argument.

Adieu.
Boy what self righteous over the top comment this is. First off all I am fully aware of what the word drab means so need to point that out to me. I actually have ridden the ride several dozen times and normally it is a family favorite. This past trip it was all the those things I described. It is in dire need of some help and well IMOP a new story/ theme. Same thing with COP which is my all time favorite but I honestly felt like I needed a bath upon leaving the theater. It was disgusting . Seats were stained up, carpet was gross, the ceiling tiles over the right side facing the stage in the opening room were orange and looked to be about to cave in, and audio was completely off in some scenes. It too needs a complete overhaul. Change is often necessary and can be good. Also I would not be calling people ignorant when you are the one ready to go to blows with someone on a chat board because they feel the overhaul of your favorite theme park ride could be a good thing.

Bocabear

Well . . . um . . . #NailedIt? 😜

View attachment 493288
I think the main utilidor entrance is there and can't be blocked...
Look the ride already exists...they are not going to move it... The idea of a New Orleans mini land, courtyard is a good solution... I would go further and change the theming beginning at the gateway to Adventureland...that whole side of Pecos Bill and the Golden Oak Outpost kiosk thing.. building some New Orleans style flair, then fully realize it within the courtyard area of the ride... I KNOW that New Orleans doesn't fit the old west... But neither did rural Georgia...so relax on all of that...and remember that the romantic New Orleans style architecture did exist in the same time frame of the Old West... (i know PATF is set in the 20s...I was thinking of architectural bridges to story telling) All in all, though it is not optimal, if done right it really is not that bad an idea...and I am a true fan of Splash.
Now let's concentrate on getting "Be Our Guest" gutted and replaced by the BATB ride they are building for Tokyo...and while they are at it, just replace Pecos Bill's with Tiana's Palace already...

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Boy what self righteous over the top comment this is. First off all I am fully aware of what the word drab means so need to point that out to me. I actually have ridden the ride several dozen times and normally it is a family favorite. This past trip it was all the those things I described. It is in dire need of some help and well IMOP a new story/ theme. Same thing with COP which is my all time favorite but I honestly felt like I needed a bath upon leaving the theater. It was disgusting . Seats were stained up, carpet was gross, the ceiling tiles over the right side facing the stage in the opening room were orange and looked to be about to cave in, and audio was completely off in some scenes. It too needs a complete overhaul. Change is often necessary and can be good. Also I would not be calling people ignorant when you are the one ready to go to blows with someone on a chat board because they feel the overhaul of your favorite theme park ride could be a good thing.
I dont personally care about “this past trip” you took. Because like I said, I literally rode the attraction yesterday and there were several upon several effects working that hadn’t been in many years. Even the bouncing brer was working. Very proud of the maintenance on this attraction. So everything you pointed out means nothing to me because it was blown out of proportion.

COP? Yea, that attraction needs a LOT of work. Between Splash and COP, COP is the one that needs a redo. Splash is fine and in pretty darn good shape.

Bocabear

Wait, Did someone actually say they thought Splash was boring and then yell at someone else for making an over the top comment? lol
Splash may be many things, but boring is not one of them...even with maintenance issues. If they are bored with an attraction like Splash, I am not sure what attraction would please them...

lilypgirl

I dont personally care about “this past trip” you took. Because like I said, I literally rode the attraction yesterday and there were several upon several effects working that hadn’t been in many years. Even the bouncing brer was working. Very proud of the maintenance on this attraction. So everything you pointed out means nothing to me because it was blown out of proportion.

COP? Yea, that attraction needs a LOT of work. Between Splash and COP, COP is the one that needs a redo. Splash is fine and in pretty darn good shape.
Wow you take this ride really seriously!

RSoxNo1

There is an incredibly high bar that has been set to keep your works out of the public domain once 104 years has passed. You have to prove said work is inextricably linked to your company. Disney is going to win the first of these tests as the Fab 5 meet that standard. “When you Wish Upon a Star” is probably going to stay out as well. Zip was always going to be a hard sell, but if Disney abandons the song for 30 years there is no way they win that battle.
Not if Tokyo doesn't make the change to the ride.

yensidtlaw1969

I think the main utilidor entrance is there and can't be blocked...
Look the ride already exists...they are not going to move it... The idea of a New Orleans mini land, courtyard is a good solution... I would go further and change the theming beginning at the gateway to Adventureland...that whole side of Pecos Bill and the Golden Oak Outpost kiosk thing.. building some New Orleans style flair, then fully realize it within the courtyard area of the ride... I KNOW that New Orleans doesn't fit the old west... But neither did rural Georgia...so relax on all of that...and remember that the romantic New Orleans style architecture did exist in the same time frame of the Old West... (i know PATF is set in the 20s...I was thinking of architectural bridges to story telling) All in all, though it is not optimal, if done right it really is not that bad an idea...and I am a true fan of Splash.
Now let's concentrate on getting "Be Our Guest" gutted and replaced by the BATB ride they are building for Tokyo...and while they are at it, just replace Pecos Bill's with Tiana's Palace already...
Hence the 😜 - my Fantasyland photoshop was a total gag.

I do agree it's worth remembering that Splash Mountain wasn't a perfect fit for Frontierland when it first cropped up, and that the main reason we accept it now is because of 1) Time, and 2) The cost/benefit analysis of Frontierland before and after Splash Mountain was built weighs heavily in favor of Splash. The ride is simply good enough to outweigh the bad. That's part of why I call out the intrustion of Rapunzel's Tower on Liberty Square - we broke the thematic integrity of LS for a Bathroom?

The jury is still out on how good Princess and the Frog will be, and for many people it already has the mark against it that it's taking over Splash. But if it bears out that it's really well done I bet we'll find a way to move past that. If it isn't, I can't imagine Disney will ever hear the end of it.

Now, I don't feel the need to gut Be Our Guest, but the little pieces of Tokyo's ride we've seen for SURE make me want it in New Fantasyland. My extremely non-scientific research indicates the show building *could* fit on the plot north of Belle's Village but it's not without some hurdles. Also, can we TALK about how big that Show Building is?? This is basically to scale . . .:

BATB Tokyo Show Building Overlaid onto New Fantasyland.jpg

But again, slightly off-topic!

Bocabear

looks like they would have to move the retention pond which is doable, and then reroute the road around the new show building...both of which are doable if they wanted to...
I also like the "Small World to EPCOT, Beauty and the Beast move into Small World show building, Peter Pan moves to Circus Tents with a Neverland miniland surrounding, and Tangled moves into the old Peter Pan Building... I mean if we are armchair imagineering... :)

Parker in NYC

Wait, Did someone actually say they thought Splash was boring and then yell at someone else for making an over the top comment? lol
Splash may be many things, but boring is not one of them...even with maintenance issues. If they are bored with an attraction like Splash, I am not sure what attraction would please them...

The Maskless Masquerade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom