News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Brer Oswald

Oh by original I mean't the original concept art. Not the masterpiece it currently is.
I think the Tree on the concept art looks nice. The colours of the mountain do not. But I don’t imagine repainting the mountain grey is at the top of the priority list on this budgeted retheme.

MickeyMouse10

I think the Tree on the concept art looks nice. The colours of the mountain do not. But I don’t imagine repainting the mountain grey is at the top of the priority list on this budgeted retheme.

I don't like anything about the new version's look. It's like when they put the stupid Mickey wand over the Epcot ball and the Sorcerer's hat in front of the Chinese Theatre. I'm not feeling it at all.

dig311dug

absolutely gorgeous as is.
Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 3.42.40 PM.png

CREDIT: https://flic.kr/p/2iKgKqF

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just a reminder from the first post

The original announcement of the Splash Mountain to Princess and the Frog thread is now available in the 'Politics and Social Issues' forum at https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/splash-mountain-re-theme-announced.965846/unread

In the absence of many specific details on the project and due to its polarizing nature, the original thread is mostly a political/social debate, which is best served in the Politics/Social section of the forum. In its original location in News & Rumors it became impossible to moderate within the no-political discussion rule that we have in place (see Terms and rules).

This thread will serve as the ongoing thread for discussion of the attraction retheme. ANY political/social commentary in this thread will be deleted and the poster will be banned from taking any further part.

MickeyMouse10

I wonder if they'll just reuse the animatronics like they did for Superstar Limo in DCA. The riverboat is an easy one to redo with jazz instrumentalists and Louis. The image below could have one of the frog catchers with a frog, if they decide to delve into the frog story a bit.

k9ddxswq0ajpl1twl5q1.jpg

Bocabear

While I really have a lot of affection for this attraction in it's current state, this is certainly not the worst idea...It doesn't seem to be a far stretch to make this into an appropriate setting...Only thing that is odd is it's surrounding environs, though Chick A Pin Hill is not exactly correct in the middle of the Old West...I am just hoping they don't cut the budget... If they are going to do this, I hope they spend the necessary money to make it amazing... I am cautiously optimistic for this, though I think it is going to be a while with everything else going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom