News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You seem adamant that SotS be eradicated. Remember Florida was also supposed to get Mission Breakout, never happened. There's a chance Disney realizes there's no plausible way to bring Frog Mt. to WDW

If there is no plausible way they can make the changeover due to financial restrictions, then there's no plausible way they can add a different Tiana attraction, which is what started this cul-de-sac of denial.

MerlinTheGoat

That scares the **** out of me. Looks like I have another reason not to ride Mission Space.
I don't know if i'm missing some sarcasm here. But there was never a sinkhole under Horizons/Mission Space. It was gossip BS that was spread around and repeated as truth up to this very day. There is however one underneath the Universe of Energy building. And under the World Showcase lagoon and smaller body of water in front of Odyssey.

MerlinTheGoat

I missed that. Then again I've been occupied by a million things today
It was posted in other threads. Initially by WDW Pro in his Red Button Option thread that they were considering walking back the project at least for WDW. Then pheneix posted a thread with comments backing up Pro's claims it will likely be canceled at WDW.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
It was posted in other threads. Initially by WDW Pro in his Red Button Option thread that they were considering walking back the project at least for WDW. Then pheneix posted a thread with comments backing up Pro's claims it will likely be canceled at WDW.
Ah. So what % chance do we have of keeping Floridas

Brer Panther

It looks more-and-more likely by the day that Florida will keep its Laughin’ Place. And that’s your Zip-a-dee-doo-dah Tip for Today.
Here's hoping. Still would suck if Disneyland's gets rethemed and all those animatronics that got their start in America Sings got trashed. Still hoping that maybe some could be saved and shipped to Florida so they can be installed in Magic Kingdom's Splash Mountain, but I highly doubt they'd do that.

ToTBellHop

Here's hoping. Still would suck if Disneyland's gets rethemed and all those animatronics that got their start in America Sings got trashed. Still hoping that maybe some could be saved and shipped to Florida so they can be installed in Magic Kingdom's Splash Mountain, but I highly doubt they'd do that.
Bob had an idea that perhaps animatronic chickens could drive buses.
1596159901208.jpeg

MerlinTheGoat

Ah. So what % chance do we have of keeping Floridas
Not sure. Pheneix said he doesn't think the PATF overlay at WDW will ever happen. That sounds considerably higher than 50% chance it'll be canned to me. Still apparently a "maybe" for Disneyland, but he also mentioned the company is really hurting for cash.

It sounds like Iger wants the PATF overhaul whereas Chapek doesn't. They're supposedly in a huge war now, with Chapek allegedly winning. Pheneix even claims the company has completely turned on Iger and are preparing to kick him out in disgrace. We'll see what happens.

doctornick

Much as I'd like to believe that MK's Splash is being spared - and honestly a best of both worlds would be having PatF get an attraction in DL where it can be placed in the right environment while maintaining MK's version of Splash - I'm skeptical any decision is final for the time being. I could believe a sentiment going around at TWDC where change DL/keep MK might be the current active plan but that could easily change down the road.

That said, a number of officially announced projects aren't going to happen so it would be easy to simply toss this into that pile. I think it would be tough to not at least change one of the rides though without risking backlash about ignoring Tiana.

Would be interesting to see WDW be on the winning end of both the ToT and Splash situations. (Apologies to anyone who prefers the replacement rides)

Last edited:

FettFan

That said, a number of officially announced projects aren't going to happen so this could simply be tossed into that pile. I think it would be tough to to at least change one of the rides though without risking backlash about ignoring Tiana.

I mean, if a bona fide hit like Who Framed Roger Rabbit couldn't survive budget cuts,

what chance would a just-okay film like PatF stand, especially if they're going "after the kiss", thus removing the best part of the entire movie?

latest

PS - the writers really messed up by having all the animals talk throughout the movie. Would have been much better if all the talking animals were people that the good doctor had cursed.

Plus you could have a really neat scene in which a chubby kid named Louis making a deal with Facilier to be the best trumpet player ever... a neat little throwback to the legend of Robert Johnson.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom