News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Movielover

Maybe people are just angry that its becoming a princess thrill ride... down in New Orleans.

No... People are angry because they are taking one of the better designed attractions concerning story, theme, tone, and high AA numbers and potentially undoing everything that made the ride great. Could it be a good makeover? sure. Will it be? unclear? Is there precedent to worry that one of the best attractions in Disney history will be downgraded? you bet there is!

Brer Oswald

Does that mean that a different theme was intended for WDW?
No, as this was done for monetary reasons.
The idea to retheme WDW was “Well why not, it’s easier to clone.”

Except they failed to realize that the WDW Splash is anything but a 1:1 version of the Disneyland version, and this will cost them more than they would hope.

Last edited by a moderator:

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
No, as this was done for monetary reasons.
The idea to retheme WDW was “Well why not, it’s easier to clone.”

Except they failed to realize that the WDW Splash is anything but a 1:1 version of the Disneyland version, and this will cost them more than they would hope.
I read somewhere that the project would take around 14 months for WDW to do the retheme, and that's with the much more elaborate sets being removed

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A couple of insiders have confirmed that the plan is indeed a year old, though it was originally intended only for Disneyland.

I don't remember anyone who did say that it had its origins a year ago also say that it was just for DL.

We do have someone saying that *now*, after the announcement, it may wind up only being for DL. But, that's just one person saying that so far.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I don't remember anyone who did say that it had its origins a year ago also say that it was just for DL.

We do have someone saying that *now*, after the announcement, it may wind up only being for DL. But, that's just one person saying that so far.
Well considering the retheme announcement is on both pages I'm assuming both are on the block rn

Brer Oswald

I think someone misunderstood. TP2000 said it was originally designed with Disneyland specifically in mind, and was decided to clone to Walt Disney World as an afterthought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom