News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
The retheme blurb is now on World's page for the ride as well (although it still features pictures of the Br'ers in the ride pics)
Capture.PNG

Surferboy567

Read: cheap and rushed to fit in the small percentage of a budget which was stripped from other plans.

This will be even more fun if it features a voodoo scene that terrifies little kids.

I mean...even if this is the most slapped together budget plan it HAS to include friends on the other side and by extension Voodoo right?

RoyalPrinceLeon

I welcome this new attraction. I hope they keep the name of splash mountain somehow. . If I ride an IP ride, I want to be able to watch the movie at home too. i feel like them altering the ride on a movie that we can watch when home will greater impact the synergy of the ride.
I do like PatF alot. The animation is beautiful and has some great characters. I watched 2 times this week and I cant wait to see what will happen here.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalPrinceLeon

Do we tend to forget that the parks are for all to enjoy?

The ride will still have the same ride system. It will have the same drops. Ultimately, the theme of a southern Atlanta themed mountain into a Louisiana themed Mountain wouldn't truly effect the Frontierland landscape.

SpectroMagician

Do we tend to forget that the parks are for all to enjoy?

The ride will still have the same ride system. It will have the same drops. Ultimately, the theme of a southern Atlanta themed mountain into a Louisiana themed Mountain wouldn't truly effect the Frontierland landscape.

And the way that I will enjoy the ride is to close my eyes and sing the original songs the entire ride imagining how it used to be.

RoyalPrinceLeon

I love that line from everyone that’s for the retheme.

Listen bud, the way every announced project is getting canned, attractions are permanently closing, the budget for this will be nill to nothing and a beautiful imagineering work of art is going to be trashed.
You don't know what will happen. We all know they anonouced it recently. Honestly I was shocked. They claimed that they were working on this for at least a year. What if they have elements completed.

RoyalPrinceLeon

Also, we have no date for slash mountain closer.
It might be over a year away or longer. I'm sure that a major attraction system unique to the parks identity will be treated with care. Its not just a basic dark ride here. This is one of their few water based thrill attraction.

Maybe people are just angry that its becoming a princess thrill ride... down in New Orleans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom