News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Brer Oswald

Who is to say its not offensive to some that a crab is represented as Jamaican even though the singer is American? Or that Ariel only has shells to cover her upper half, etc. You can see how this can get out of control no?
Or the Firefly with a Bad Cajun “accent”, voiced by a white American, in Disney’s very own Princess and the Frog. People will turn a blind eye on that now, but in 30 years?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
...but I think the idea of a princess ride, that's also a thrill ride, with a 40 inches height requirement... is an idea that may need to be reworked a bit
Four year olds are tall enough to ride Splash Mountain.

Indeed, a little more than half of all 4 year olds hit 40 inches. Almost all 5 years are at least 40 inches.

1594235385148.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Also, how about the frog catchers? No one seems to talk about them. Even though it is totally making fun of southern people from the bayou. They look like they are right out of the old WB cartoons, where the biggest one is the dumbest of the bunch.

latest

There are plenty of White people in PatF, including Tiana's best friend, who are protrayed very differently, to allay any fear that the movie is portraying all Southern White folk as dumb lummoxes.

But good attempt as a stirring up a false controversy with reverse discrimination cancelism!

MickeyMouse10

There are plenty of White people in PatF, including Tiana's best friend, who are protrayed very differently, to allay any fear that the movie is portraying all Southern White folk as dumb lummoxes.

But good attempt as a stirring up a false controversy with reverse discrimination cancelism!

Oh yeah, there's the fat rich guy who spoils his rotten daughter throughout the film. And the building owners and Naveen's assistant who tried to screw over Tiana and Naveen.

Check your facts before you come on the board.

df3f68e6371ced26d508cc25928b69ab.jpg

Stupido

Oh yeah, there's the fat rich guy who spoils his rotten daughter throughout the film. And the building owners and Naveen's assistant who tried to screw over Tiana and Naveen.

Check your facts before you come on the board.

df3f68e6371ced26d508cc25928b69ab.jpg

You're being ridiculous. Charlotte is one of the most incredible characters in PatF, she is anything but rotten. There are literally essays about how refreshing Charlotte is as a character, and how beautiful her friendship with Tiana is. I don't know what your issue is, but you're not adding anything to this conversation.

Riverrafter21

A lot can change between now and the estimated start of construction at WDW. I have no inside information, but public opinion has a interesting sway sometimes, and the only color Disney sees is green.

If Disney has the capital and it will pay off, then they'll change it now. If getting EPCOT in order and polishing up some other areas means a more immediate return, I would guess the WDW redo will sit on the back burner for a quite a while. I agree with others, they'll stretch for Disneyland but not for both.

I get this feeling Iger had a real ax to grind with Splash Mountain/Song of the South, I'd be interested to know Chapek's leaning. Also, if Disney has the power to cancel one of the biggest rides in the park without blinking then it has the power to not fulfill a social media promise with one concept image. Disney is going to do what they want here, which is the path of least resistance to the most wallets.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Also, how about the frog catchers? No one seems to talk about them. Even though it is totally making fun of southern people from the bayou. They look like they are right out of the old WB cartoons, where the biggest one is the dumbest of the bunch.

latest

In the context of reskining... The middle one is br'er bear. The left one is br'er rabbit and the right one, br'er fox. Given the antics and scenarios of the original Brer characters it would technically "work" to reskin them to these bumbling idiots. But no one likes that armchair. 😢

Instead we get the Disney Junior plot of 🐊 looking for his 🎺

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

In the context of reskining... The middle one is br'er bear. The left one is br'er rabbit and the right one, br'er fox. Given the antics and scenarios of the original Brer characters it would technically "work" to reskin them to these bumbling idiots. But no one likes that armchair. 😢

Instead we get the Disney Junior plot of 🐊 looking for his 🎺
Humans suck anyways. 😆

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom