News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Untitled.png

Just did some rough Armchair Imagineering.

MickeyMouse10

Eyeroll.😏

You are assuming they would never move the western motif elsewhere. Disneyland is thriving with the placement of Galaxy's Edge. Research is enlightening.💡

I don't know what the eyeroll is for, but no I don't think they'll get rid of Frontierland. All disneyland did was get rid of a petting zoo area, that was a waste of space. That's totally different than getting rid of the name Frontierland and calling it America's Waterfront.

Disney will probably just take the pathway from Adventureland and make it New Orleans.

jt04

I don't know what the eyeroll is for, but no I don't think they'll get rid of Frontierland. All disneyland did was get rid of a petting zoo area, that was a waste of space. That's totally different than getting rid of the name Frontierland and calling it America's Waterfront.

So what do you think the area North of big thunder along the WDWRR will be themed to if/when they develop it?

jt04

Anything near Tiana's section can be New Orleans themed and Anything near Big Thunder should be Frontier themed.

Yes. But I am talking the large expansion pad to the north where the theater was to go. Basically where GE is at Disneyland. If that is western themed that sure is a lot of real estate dedicated to the aesthetics of the west. Just saying.

MickeyMouse10

Yes. But I am talking the large expansion pad to the north where the theater was to go. Basically where GE is at Disneyland. If that is western themed that sure is a lot of real estate dedicated to the aesthetics of the west. Just saying.

The section on the left of Tiana's would make a perfect New Orleans Square. This way nothing else has to be touched. Unless of course they want to change their Splash plans and take over Tom Sawyer Island.

jt04

The section on the left of Tiana's would make a perfect New Orleans Square. This way nothing else has to be touched. Unless of course they want to change their Splash plans and take over Tom Sawyer Island.

Nice dodge. And I don't mean the town in kansas. 😅

Anyway, I am just saying the may not need that western themed strip mall if they develop all of Rivers of America. Especially if CBJ is taking the show on the road.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

Anyway, I am just saying the may not need that western themed strip mall if they develop all of Rivers of America. Especially if CBJ is taking the show on the road.

CBJ: American World Tour!

MickeyMouse10

yreh4y.gif

I'm not dodging anything. I even said they should put it their earlier on.

If they get rid of Country Bears however than we should switch the animatronics to evil.

MickeyMouse10

I don't think any of the classics should be replaced though. There is always going to be people offended by something. Disney had to put "Scary" on "Snow White's Adventure" because kids were freaking out.

They should just put a warning like they do before their movies to ward off the mambi pambi's.

jt04

I don't think any of the classics should be replaced though. There is always going to be people offended by something. Disney had to put "Scary" on "Snow White's Adventure" because kids were freaking out.

They should just put a warning like they do before their movies to ward off the mambi pambi's.

I don't think it being offensive in some way is nearly the biggest issue. The theme is ubiquitous both as a theme park motif but also there are museums, ghost towns and still existing towns that have not changed much. It really is anachronistic within the MK. And it impedes growth in the park.

Disneyland is different because it was built at the height of western tv and movies. But most importantly, was something Walt Disney cared about and directed the design. So it is iconic there. At the MK, it is just a poor recreation. IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom